tekklor_logo.png

Link:  http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/zhivs-tekklor.176524

Description:  

What is TekkLor?

TekkLor is a brainchild of mine.  I was tired of all the other modpacks having just about everything in them.  Don't get me wrong, I like them too, but I wanted a modpack that wouldn't be quite as easy as the rest.  So I started to look for mods and tweaks that would complement each other, as well as provide me and my friends with a challenge.

So the basic idea is a modpack that would require folks to work together, even for just a little while.  That's where Ars Magica 2 and Thaumcraft come in.  That's all well and good, but that only provides the Lore.  Now we add the Tech.  We now have Thermal Expansion and RotaryCraft!  But it doesn't stop there.

I wanted style and flair.  So I added Pam's Mods (HarvestCraft, Weee Flowers, Melon Spawn, and more).  And I wanted definite biomes.  Sure other biomes are generated and may make the pack smaller, but Biomes O' Plenty has sooo much more!  Add in Natura to give the Overworld more flair, and even make the Nether more than just a place to get lava.

This was all well and good, but with just these mods, it might take you a few days of hard-core playing to finish them all.  Nope.  This won't do.  So I added  Tinker's Construct, then IguanaMan's Tweaks for Tinker's Construct.  Why you ask?  Because, quite frankly, I didn't like that with a little effort, you could have diamonds within a few hours of playing.  Where's the fun in that?!!?  So now you can't craft most of your starting vanilla tools.  But how am I supposed to mine iron?  Simple.  You have to craft a flint pickaxe, and level that pickaxe up.  Pfft.  XP on a tool?  Yes, XP on a tool.  But that tool will stay with you for the rest of your life.  Why?  Because you can upgrade parts of it, add modifiers to it (better than enchants), and even rename your tools!  Plus, there are many tiers of tools to keep you busy.  Why would you craft a diamond sword that does only 6 hits of damage per swing...when you can craft a Rapier that does double digits of damage?  I'll tell you why.

Because the monsters are bigger and badder.  There are monsters that have much more health.  But you can also give yourself more health.  From the basic 20 hit points all the way up to 80 hit points of health.  But health isn't what it used to be.  Now you have to contend with Hunger!  That's right.  As you work, run, play, and jump--your body uses up your hunger bar.  Well I guess I'll just munch on some pork chops then.  Three or four ought to do it.  Nope.  The easier it is to obtain the food, the more of it you'll need to replenish your hunger.  But the more complex the recipes (over 300 of them), the more hunger it feeds, as well as the longer you stay well fed.   And yes, you can starve to death.  As a matter of fact, the lower your hunger, the more debuffs you suffer from.

All of this combined together gives you TekkLor.  

I hope that you'll enjoy the pack, and hope you'll stop by the server to say hi to me, Zhivotnoya!  I'll be there from time to time, and all my friends will let me know that you stopped by.  I created this pack over a year ago, and have been tweaking it to be balanced, playable, and fun.   

So, download it, and I'll see you out there!

--Zhiv

Full List of Mods:

Cray Tokens
Jammy Furniture Mod
Damage Indicators
Ars Magica 2
Applied Energistics
BiblioCraft
Biomes O Plenty
Chisel
ComputerCraft
Dynamic Lights (client side only)
ElectriCraft
RotaryCraft
ReactorCraft
EnderNet
EnderStorage
ExtraCells (addon for AE)
ExtraUtils
Forestry
iChun's Hats
iguanaMan's Hunger Overhaul
iguanaMan's Tweaks for Tinkers Construct
Immibis Microblocks
Immibis Peripherals
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chests
Mapwriter (on-screen mapping)
MineFactoryReloaded
Natura
NEI
NEIaddons
NEIplguins
NetherOres
OpenBlocks
OpenPeripherals
OpenPeripheralsAddons
Pam's Clay Spawn
Pam's DesertCraft
Pam's Get All the Seeds
Pam's HarvestCraft
Pam's Melon Spawn
Pam's Weee Flowers
RailCraft
RedLogic
RedstoneArsenal
Simply Jetpacks
Steve's Carts 2
Tinkers Construct
Thaumcraft 4
Thaumic Tinkerer
Thermal Expansion 3
Tinker's Mechworks
Translocators
Waila
Balkon's Weapons Mod

Wireless Redstone - Chicken Bones Edition

Screenshots:

tekklor_spawn_1.pngPicture of our Frontier Town spawn.

tekklor_player_1.pngPicture of a player's mess of greenhouses for the over 100 different types of crops.

Edited by zhivotnoya

Awesome modpack, takes a bit to get your bearings but when you do everything is just so much more... I love the tools and weapons, it spoiled me for normal MC... but what's best is the variety of things to do, doesn't matter what you are in the mood for, you want to adventure, do it... you want to mine, do it... you want to build, you want to play with magic, you want to play mad scientist or master chef, automate the planet... want a challenge? this is it... all in one place... not for the weak of heart!

Now the base community may be a little older than you are use to but it's likely due to the advanced nature of the modpack, so be nice to the old farts and they can be very helpful and guide you on your path to enlightenment.  Be careful, they may try to trick you into learning something.

What's the rating system out of? Can I give it 10 stars?

Awesome modpack, takes a bit to get your bearings but when you do everything is just so much more... I love the tools and weapons, it spoiled me for normal MC... but what's best is the variety of things to do, doesn't matter what you are in the mood for, you want to adventure, do it... you want to mine, do it... you want to build, you want to play with magic, you want to play mad scientist or master chef, automate the planet... want a challenge? this is it... all in one place... not for the weak of heart!

Now the base community may be a little older than you are use to but it's likely due to the advanced nature of the modpack, so be nice to the old farts and they can be very helpful and guide you on your path to enlightenment.  Be careful, they may try to trick you into learning something.

What's the rating system out of? Can I give it 10 stars?

Thanks for the feedback!  

Has anyone else tried it?  I've put almost a year into tweaking this to be something unique and not-so-mainstream.  Please give it a whirl?

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  I'll begin work on a project to make the mod-pack a bit lighter on the server side.  I don't know if it's gonna be possible, but I'd like to try and convert it from Java to c++ or maybe python (like the Eve-Online servers).  Just playing with ideas really.  It won't in anyway impact the play-ability of the mod-pack, for the foreseeable future.

• 3 weeks later...