How do i set java parameters for launcher?

Block_Blazer

Edit the "version.json" file in your modpack.jar.

ok. I tried to do that, but it deleted the parameters.

{
    "minecraftArguments": "--username ${auth_player_name} --session ${auth_session} --version ${version_name} --gameDir ${game_directory} --assetsDir ${game_assets} --tweakClass cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker",
    "libraries": [

Do I change "minecraftArguments"?

• Discord Moderator

Make sure you aren't editing the version.json file in your bin folder. You need to be changing the one INSIDE the modpack.jar file. As for where to add, it depends on what you are adding. If you are increasing PermSize then yes, it would go in minecraftArguments. If you are adding a library dependency (for LiteLoader in 1.6) then it would go in the libraries section.

Make sure you aren't editing the version.json file in your bin folder. You need to be changing the one INSIDE the modpack.jar file. As for where to add, it depends on what you are adding. If you are increasing PermSize then yes, it would go in minecraftArguments. If you are adding a library dependency (for LiteLoader in 1.6) then it would go in the libraries section.

ok. I get where I put the arguments now. but im not quite getting exactly where in the version.json I put the arguments. Do I replace minecraftArguments, do I put the arguments within ": after minecraftArguments, or do I add to "--username ${auth_player_name} --session ${auth_session} --version ${version_name} --gameDir ${game_directory} --assetsDir ${game_assets} --tweakClass cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker"?

• Discord Moderator

For example, if you wanted to increase the PermSize allocation for the client you would make a change like this:

"minecraftArguments": "--username ${auth_player_name} --session ${auth_session} --version ${version_name} --gameDir ${game_directory} --assetsDir ${game_assets} --tweakClass cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker",

becomes

"minecraftArguments": "--username ${auth_player_name} --session ${auth_session} --version ${version_name} --gameDir ${game_directory} --assetsDir ${game_assets} -XX:MaxPermSize=256m --tweakClass cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker",

• 3 months later...