AE crafting with Magma Crucible and Fluid Transposer

Silmenume

Below is my set up for auto crafting on the me network those objects that require the use of the Magma Crucible and the Fluid Transposer.  Its not particularly elegant but it gets the job done when the ingredient count is low.  When the ingredient count is high the diamond pipe explodes as the ME Interface dumps all the ingredients into the Diamond Transport Pipe at once, overloading it and causing it to explode.  FREX - an order of 2 Redstone Energy Cells (which requires 80 redstone) or an order of 40 Redstone Energy Conduits (which requires 80 redstone).

Does someone have a design where I could ME export buses directly attached to the Magma Crucible/Fluid Transposer they can share?  Or any other design where I am not crippled by having to keep the order count low forcing me to baby sit the AE Interface placing multiple orders in series as each completes?

Thank you!

sXEppf4.png

You could opt to separate the steps and use Extra Cells to store and deliver the fluids. But since the Crucible only takes items as input and the Transposer also outputs mostly items, regular Import/Export Buses should do the trick.

I am wondering anyway why you are still using Buildcraft pipes in the first place.

I find going straight ME system works, and separating the liquid portion production from the item.

Items-> Crucible (one crucible for each fluid is an option) -> Fluid into ME network -> Fluid and items into Transposer (have one transposer for each fluid to keep this efficient) -> Final product

The upside with this is you can have interfaces on the transposers so they can build to order.

Edited by Autocthon

I feed the ME interface into a chest where itemduct with pneumatic servos (whitelist or blacklist) on inputs to magma crucible and fluid transposer to direct proper items to each. Pneumatic servos can also limit how many items are passed through an itemduct at a time.

Itemduct on output of fluid transposer feeds back to the ME interface.

Edited by efflandt

Hullo,

As per the implied suggestion posed as a question above, I tried using the same arrangement using Item Ducts by Thermal Expansion.  I have installed Pneumatic Servos and white listed the items per each side.  The redstone setting is set to redstone - low.

No luck.  Absolutely nothing happens. 

I don't know if the ME Network interacts with Thermal Expansion Ducts.  Watching my ME Crafting Monitor I don't see anything happening at all.

This is the settings panel for the top connection of the Item Duct (the one connected to the ME Interface)

xz5pacw.png?1

Below is the connection on the Magma Crucible side.

3K1HIWU.png?1

... and here is the Fluid Transposer connection settings.

PkUlxly.png?1

So I am at a total loss.  This is why I was using BC Pipes - at least I understood them and they worked - sort of!  ;-)  This arrangement has been a total flop for me.  What am I doing wrong here?  Help!!

The suggestion of using the fluid handling capabilities from Extracells sounds intriguing...

Thanks everyone!

I use separate transposers for each fluid (redstone, glowstone, resonant ender, water). I attach the standard ME interface to the back with the relevant recipes and then attach a fluid export pipe to the transposer to fill it from my ME system. I maintain another system of magma crucibles with fluid emitters to keep the ME system supplied with fluids. I find that a 64k fluid card can store right around 3k buckets of fluid for the 5 fluid types it can accept so that's what I set the emitters to.

Silmenume, your Itemducts cannot order anything from the ME network, they can only pull from inventories. You would have to use an Export Bus to get things out of the network and into the machine, Itemducts have no place there. If you want to use Itemducts for some reason, use the Export Bus to pull the stuff into a buffer chest. The ducts can pull from there. But the standard way is just just plugging in as many Import and Export Buses as the machine has in-/outputs. I don't know how the ME Interface is operated, but the Buses are crafted out of it, so I guess it only has some basic functionality.

Edited by Curunir

I don't know how the ME Interface is operated, but the Buses are crafted out of it, so I guess it only has some basic functionality.

It has a few uses but what I use it for is to store recipes that require machines in order to work (ie smelting bricks from clay requires a furnace). You make an encoded pattern saying X item(s) = Y item(s) and then place the pattern in the interface that's attached to the machine. Then when you order said item from the ME system, say bricks for example, it pops clay into a furnace and then the furnace will pop out the bricks to wherever you tell it.

Slimenume your "blacklist" on the fluid transposer should be a "whitelist". Or more simply:

Magma crucible: whitelist redstone and enderpearls

Fluid transposer: blacklist redstone and enderpearls (in other words accept anything except those).

I saw someone else using a seperate me-network for these requests, I think this is a very elegant solution

When I remembered right the second network normally was completely empty and just the processing materials were dumped into it, the resulting items were then put into the main network...

Such complicated designs to create such a simple system. Cannot for the life of me figure out why you don't just use ME connections everywhere since you already have the system up.

if you want to use me autocrafting for complicated items I think that would not be possible (admitted, I did not try the new liquid crafting options that comes with extra cells)

e.g. crafting a tesseract out of the raw materials, then you have to smelt a specific amount of ender pearls in a magma crucible and fill a tesseract frame with it, the full frame has to be crafted further... (interesting thing in that example would be crafting the filled Tesseract frame)

so you have to provide Items to 2 different machines in one step... if you try that with the connections, the system will continusly produce the items and not only on demand when clicking in the teminal ui...

otherwise proove me wrong and provide screens :) (would like to have a simplyfied version)

@efflandt - thanks for the heads up!  That was a mistake on the "blacklist" setting - I had intended it to be a "whitelist".  However I tried it both ways with no success.  e.g. - I made my version as a "whitelist" and I tried your suggestion with the "blacklist".  Much dismay.

@Autocthon - I did try all ME connectors, but that doesn't work.  As far as the export busses are concerned being connected to a ME Interface is the same as being directly connected to the main network - IOW the busses don't respond to the ME Interface "instructions".  So what happens is that the busses just continually pump out the selected item without regard to the work order placed at the ME Access Terminal.  That was an expensive flop.

@HeatHunter - using the BuildCraft pipes I was able to completely automate the construction of Tessaracts from the ME Access Terminal in the configuration I showed in my op.  The problem was scalability.

@Digdug83 - I'm tying to use the system you suggest using Extracells, but I'm having problems with the Fluid Export Bus.  I have a 64K Fluid Drive in the ME system and have actually succesfully imported Destabilized Redstone into the network and onto storage.  What I am incapable of doing is getting the Fluid Export Bus to recognize the Destablized Redstone in its GUI.  I've used NEW to get a "unit" of Destablized Redstone into my inventory and then tried to get the Fluid Export Bus to accept it.  Nothing happens when I click on one of the place holders.  I tried using a Destabilized Redstone Bucket in the GUI - which it will accept but nothing happens - no Destabilized Redstone fills my Fluid Transposer.  I've even tried just plain Redstone.  Nothing.  Do you have any suggestions?  Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

This is me trying to get the Fluid Export Bus to accept Destabilized Redstone in its GUI - perhaps you'll see what mistake I'm making.

PLPQ6KZ.png

Thanks everyone for your suggestions to date!

edit - spell a poster's name correctly!

Edited by Silmenume

My brother and I used a combination of fluid level emitters (to maintain a constant non-trivial volume of fluid in the system) and fluid exports into transposers (to keep transposers topped off with just about everything) however I'd have to go in game and look at the exact design. I know that some things are mildly buggy but you should be able to fill a fluid transposer using the ME system with no issues.

Of course I prefer a very simple system of "make X fluid until you cap out Y storage in the system" (at which point the ME system will no longer import fluid). Then have it pump into a transposer for each type. At which point the automation works, however I don't remember exactly how we automated, I do remember it involving crafting terminals. It's been a while since I was on. I'll go look and recreate at some point. In the end it works out to being able to craft correctly, it just doesn't involve creating liquids "on demand" through a crafting terminal.