Trouble with modpack

derek.evers

I am working on my first modpack and I got to a little over 100 mods before running into any problems.  It worked fine before adding; atomic science, calclavia core, compact solars, compact windmills, dye trees, industrial craft, open blocks, quarry plus, reactorcraft, reliquary, and rotarycraft.  As soon as I add any of those it won't load. Tried eachone seperatly and still nothing. The launcher disapears like it is going to load but then it returns.  I checked the folders and there is no crash-report.  My url is: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/dereks-favorits .  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Discord Moderator
  • Your required "bin" folder is actually named "Bin". Take note of the capital "B". This folder name must be all lower case.
  • You have OpenBlocks mod but not the dependency mod OpenModsLib.
  • Your versions of RotaryCraft (older) and the required dependency mod DragonAPI (newer) do not match. Always get matching mods and dependencies. Follow the mod author's instructions.
  • The version of IndustrialCraft 2 you have is not compatible with your pack version and other mods. Read this post:
  • Your Reliquary mod is out of date and incompatible with other mods. It is also named oddly indicating that you did not get the file from the author's preferred distribution channels. I recommend reading through this post:
  • Your version of Quarry Plus mod is out of date and not compatible with other mods.
  • Your version of DyeTrees (older) and the required dependency mod DragonAPI (newer) do not match.
  • You need to manually update your ForgeMultipart (in mods1.6.4) to the latest version.
  • Calclavia's Atomic Science is now part of Resonant Induction. You need to remove Atomic Science and Calclavia Core mods before adding Resonant Induction Core and it's child mods.
  • DyeTrees mod has a biome ID conflict on ID 48 with Biomes O' Plenty. Change the DyeTrees config from ID 48 to 117 (or any other open ID).
  • DyeTrees mod has an item ID conflict for ID 13000 which must be fixed. Item ID 7595 seems to be open.
  • You have multiple block ID conflicts between various mods. Once you fix all the preceding bullet points the client will kick out an IDConflicts.txt file with details.
  • Resonant Induction mod has multiple block ID conflicts which aren't triggering the creation of the IDConflicts.txt file. Edit the default Resonant Induction.cfg file and replace all instances of "=12" with "=18" to switch the block IDs from the 1200's to the 1800's which is an open ID range.
  • You have multiple serious item ID conflicts which must be resolved. Once the pack starts successfully examine your ForgeModLoader-client-0.log file for the word CONFLICT. Ignore the MystCraft conflicts (that mod is doing something odd and those are false positives), but fix the remaining instances.

A few items of note:

• I provided the link to my "Getting Mods" post above, but it is important enough that I'll mention it again. It is vital that one follows the mod author's instructions when installing mods, and that mods with dependencies are installed together with their correctly matching versions.
  • Dropping in a ton of mods from different authors at the same time is a recipe for frustration. Add mods in systematically and in logical groups (mods with dependencies, mods as collections i.e. Resonant Induction, etc.) and test the pack. If it doesn't work check your ForgeModLoader-client-0.log file for additional context as the crash report is often lacking.

Fix these issues and come back if you are still having difficulties.