Are iron golem farms possible?

DanielUSA

They're still possible, keep in mind though that it does require a very specific setup since this exploits the village and spawning mechanics of them, so if its not identical to a known working solution, it may fail to work at all or at a lower efficiency.

Want a lot of iron without having to mine it? A dark room that is filled to the brim with oreberry bushes and autonomous activators all piping to a redstone furnace and 2 cyclic assemblers into a deep storage unit. You'll have iron blocks for days.

Want a lot of iron without having to mine it? A dark room that is filled to the brim with oreberry bushes and autonomous activators all piping to a redstone furnace and 2 cyclic assemblers into a deep storage unit. You'll have iron blocks for days.

If you don't mind the power draw, a MFR harvester works as well (it's a lot quicker to set up and you can have the farm be a few blocks high with no problems).

First:

I know the only other village is more than 100 blocks away. I didn't copy the set up exactly but I had more than 16 villagers.

Second:

I don't have ore berries, also they only count as a nugget. I don't mind building the Iron Golem spawner because it will make good practice for vanilla.

Third:

I didn't know MFR Harvestors worked on berries but I know they work on cotton. I know you can put a chip on them to make the input grid greater but can you place them behind a block? or under a floor? Do they harvest one block higher, at level height, and one block lower?

The vanilla setup requires that it all be one village - the trick is that the golems spawn in the 'middle' of the village, but then immediately fall out of the area for 'processing', so the village, now missing its golems, spawns more.

The MFR harvester only goes out in front of it on the same level until it hits something, once it hits something the search can go upwards almost indefinitely.  I've never tried putting one behind a wall, give it a go if you like!  (whenever I've used them the appearance of the area hasn't been a priority for me, I've either been happy with ugly or it's been hidden somewhere anyway like an oreberry farm would be).

I cant answer the behind the block portion but I can say with assurity that the harvesters work on the ore berries. I have quite the farm going of booshes and get a significant amount of ore berries. Such to the point that I have a setup in my system to smelt if necessary the berries to nuggets (Necessary for Aluminum and iron, not for Tin and copper, have not seen gold to check that one) and then going thru cyclic assemblers to make ingots out of them. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Daniel,

don't know whether your farm is already set up, but I think the easier way for generating iron is to set up a darwin mobs kill trap. I have just built a larger version of generikb's "Deathchamber of DEATH" which I use to generate meat (in one chamber) and items (in the second chamber). I only use a breeding stock of 8 mobsand the last time I checked I had an average yield of 90 Blocks of Iron a day.