Is there a way to disable world of dinos?

I need to find a way to disable this mod. It's breaking my game. There are so many dinos spawning that I can barely move at all in my world.

I've tried the cofh kill all command like I do for the pixies in the promised land; but to no avail.

I really don't want to disable it though, not if there is a way to fix it. So; any fix?

The world of dinos config files have the options for which biomes they spawn in, look for this bit;

S:dinoBiomeIdList=201,202,203,204,205,206,207,208,209

Either remove all those numbers (biome IDs) or reduce them to a few where you'd like to see them spawn and it'll be fine.  If you remove all the numbers, you can still spawn them the old fashioned way (dino breeding through dna isolation and cultivation).

I need to find a way to disable this mod. It's breaking my game. There are so many dinos spawning that I can barely move at all in my world.

I've tried the cofh kill all command like I do for the pixies in the promised land; but to no avail.

I really don't want to disable it though, not if there is a way to fix it. So; any fix?

/cofh killall 633 i believe is the command to kill them off, since theyre under the mod "633" but loaders recommendations for lowering biomes permitted would be better off in a longer run

No problem :)

Of course, this doesn't help at all with the really scary thing in the Tropics.

Hidden because of it's potentially spoilery nature;

You've no doubt seen the tropical creepers and skeletons, but have you seen any spiders..?

I have indeed found one. It's my pet at home. Endless string! lol For obvious reasons though, I keep it in a safari ball.

/cofh killall 633 i believe is the command to kill them off, since theyre under the mod "633" but loaders recommendations for lowering biomes permitted would be better off in a longer run

That actually worked. Never would have thought of "633". Thanks. They respawn quickly enough however, that you're right, Loader's idea I think is the route I'll have to take. Interestingly enough, in the list of mobs the command killed, it listed killing twelve stoneboards. No clue what those were..

Does anyone know why the last update has made the dinos spawn in crazy numbers? Or am I the only one it's happening to?

Stoneboards? Not sure what those are, im sure some first thoughts would be the easter island heads but those are under tropicraft and a different mod completely so 633 shouldnt have touched them.

The 1.0.12a update btw actually lowered the amount of dino spawns so tropicraft mobs could spawn, due to an issue previously where they were overrunning them and tropicraft mob spawns were a "what you see is what you get" type of situation (unless you killed a stupid amount of dinosaurs and had the right environment)

Edited by Kalbintion

• 4 weeks later...

Either remove all those numbers (biome IDs) or reduce them to a few where you'd like to see them spawn and it'll be fine.  If you remove all the numbers, you can still spawn them the old fashioned way (dino breeding through dna isolation and cultivation).

The 1.0.12a update btw actually lowered the amount of dino spawns so tropicraft mobs could spawn, due to an issue previously where they were overrunning them and tropicraft mob spawns were a "what you see is what you get" type of situation (unless you killed a stupid amount of dinosaurs and had the right environment)

Just something that came to mind: would using Dr. Zark's Custom Mob Spawner work? I just added it and it seems to recognize Fossils/Archaeology Dino's in the Custom Spawner's config file and allows you to play around with the spawn rates. I dunno if this is a good idea or not ,but it's just a suggestion. :D

Edited by NikkeiZX