Looking for someone to help with my modpack!

Totolaser76

I recently starting working on a small private modpack and was looking for some help with the server. If anyone can help make the server for me that would be great! To clarify, all I need is someone to make the server folder and send it to me via dropbox. I can handle the rest. If anyone is interested, pm me at skype at Totolaser76, or post onto this topic. Thanks!

• Discord Moderator

This probably belongs in Server Op Swap Shop. A mod will move it if they wish.

Provide a link to your client modpack page or API url and I'll give you the lowdown. Once you have a fully working client pack the server is pretty easy.

This probably belongs in Server Op Swap Shop. A mod will move it if they wish.

Provide a link to your client modpack page or API url and I'll give you the lowdown. Once you have a fully working client pack the server is pretty easy.

Thanks for the fast reply, the modpack is currently private, so I'll PM you the link once I smooth out the edges. Thanks again! :D ~Toto

• Discord Moderator

It would be much better if you just put the link here in this thread. I get so many PMs I have to delete them frequently and it makes it more challenging to provide support. Nobody is going to get worked up about you asking for help with a modpack and linking it here.

It would be much better if you just put the link here in this thread. I get so many PMs I have to delete them frequently and it makes it more challenging to provide support. Nobody is going to get worked up about you asking for help with a modpack and linking it here.

okay, Just finishing it up. I tried to install metallurgy and now no matter what it keeps saying I need keithytools even without metallurgy :P

Great, now it's not even working :(

Edited by Totolaser76

Do you think I could send you the modpack files and help me find out what's wrong?

Via dropbox?

Edited by Totolaser76

• Discord Moderator

Client Pack:

• Your version of Mekanism is very old with known stability issues. Update to the latest 1.6.4 version.
  • Your version of IC2 Experimental is out of date. If you plan on including IC2 in your 1.6.4 pack I highly recommend reading this post:
  • You have included no config files in your modpack archive. This is always "bad". Config files allow you to balance mods against each other, tweak things like fluid and ore generation and with 1.6.4 packs to resolve ID conflicts when they arise. When intending to use the pack in a SMP environment it is absolutely crucial that config files are included with the client pack because that is the only way to ensure that you have ID synchronization between the client and server.

Server Pack:

• Download either the Forge or Cauldron installer JAR files and install to a folder of your choice. We'll refer to that folder as SERVER.
  • Copy your mods and (completed) config folders to SERVER. You would normally have to remove client-only mods at this point but you have none. Not even a minimap, wow.
  • Start the server jar which was created from the first bullet point above.