any one got a tutorial?

CXXIVLDIVL

oh no... the power went out and now my save file is corrupt

i made a back up just in case but ive lost a bit of work

the save file wont open? is there anyway to fix it?

Edit:

okay i think i fixed it

i just copied the region's from the corrupted file to the back up i made

but how do i get the stuff i was carrying back?

Edited by CXXIVLDIVL

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant find it.

do you mean the "players" folder? i tried copy pasta'ing that but my stuff still isnt back

i just copy pasted the regions from the corrupted file, to the back up. 

this wont mess anything up will it? cause everything seems fine right now

everythings fine now, i wasnt able to get the stuff i was carrying back but nothing much was lost

so i went to the nether, got the netherrack. made a crucible

i gotta get me some redstone , running out of it

but do you guys know where do i charge the flux capicator? i was thinking of getting a jetpack but i dont know where to charge it

so right now im on the reactor part

i have all the ingredients you mentioned and now too read and figure out how to make it

i was just wondering if there are any better tools, like for shovel and pickaxe. i think i remember seeing a drill in a mod a long time ago

You can craft tools out of ProjectRed Gems (Sapphire, Ruby, Peridot) to save on Iron in early game. Once you got a diamond supply, diamond tools will work for you - maybe with enchantments from MFR machines.

There are two endgame tool sets. One is the MPS Power Glove, which holds just about everything, is glitchy, and probably will drop out of the pack if MPS does not upgrade to 1.7 in a timely fashion.

The other, recommended tool set is Redstone Arsenal. You will require some spare Electrum Blend, Pulverized Obsidian, a fair amount of Redstone, some diamonds, Blaze Powder and Blazing Pyrotheum.

• infuse diamonds with Redstone in a Fluid Transposer to create Flux Crystals
  • craft Blaze Powder with Pulverized Obsidian to make Obsidian Rods
  • craft Flux Crystals with Obsidian Rods to make Infused Obsidian Rods
  • infuse Electrum Blend with Redstone in a Fluid Transposer to create Fluxed Electrum Blend
  • smelt the latter with Pyrotheum Dust (no other agent burns hot enough) in an Induction Smelter
  • craft tools from the Fluxed Electrum Ingots and Infused Obsidian Rods, recipe shapes are just like vanilla
  • sorry, no armour - just tools in this mod

I'm spelling it out because team CoFH still hasn't got the stuff on a proper wiki. The Redstone Arsenal gear needs to be charged like the Jetpack, although it won't use any power in passive mode. There are some special bonuses when switching to active mode (toggle with V key), and using the tools in that state will drain power. Use an activated Flux Capacitor on your hotbar to recharge - it will automatically recharge the highlighted tool (btw, this can be done with Jetpacks, too).

Redstone Arsenal gear will be your last set of tools. It doesn't degrade.

Edited by Curunir

redstone arsenal sounds like end game, i dont think i can get em right now. and since i have very little diamond iron will have to do right now

so i have finally made a reactor and hooked it up to my energy cell and its producing loads and loads of energy! like i dont think i'll ever run out

now im at the final part of ur tutorial, the auto farming

i have made the machines but now to learn how to use and where to place them

Find a village and trade with the villagers for emeralds. Some of their trades are quite favorable in terms of exchange rate, like 10 raw fish for one emerald. Or a bunch of coal, wheat, wool and other easily farmable stuff.

If you want to mine them, you'll have to do so in Extreme Hills biomes, they only spawn there. Y-Level is about the same as for diamonds, i. e. 16 or lower, I think.

ah so its just like vanilla mincraft, i was hoping there was a newer easier way to get em but thats fine i got a few in the extreme hills

guys i am almost done with curunirs tutorial

i have set up the planter, harvester and also a breeder

i am having just one problem

you see the sewer produces the mob essence when the animals breed and it sometimes sends mob essence instead of sludge to the fertilizer

where do i store the mob essence and how do i fix this problem of sludge and mob essence coming from the same pipe?

Easier way to obtain emeralds: none.

Harder way to obtain emeralds: Laser Drill with Lime Focus. Very power hungry. Like 20000RF/t hungry with all four prechargers.

Liquiducts have a filter with Pneumatic Servo and a bucket of fluid in the filter settings. This needs to be done on the tank input.

Store mob essence in a Drum. Later you can store it in the ME Network with Extra Cells. This needs ME network upgrades and additional parts.

Edit: I remember when I've set a Laser drill with 8 Lime Foci and started doing something else the laser generated over 15 stacks of emeralds. It was all well spent in the village for Mystcraft Notebooks :) Then I've made a mystcraft age with gold ore spheres.... quarry everywhere :) The MPS suit helped a lot because the age was poisonous.

Edited by bochen415

you see the sewer produces the mob essence when the animals breed and it sometimes sends mob essence instead of sludge to the fertilizer

where do i store the mob essence and how do i fix this problem of sludge and mob essence coming from the same pipe?

Pneumatic Servos on Fluiducts are one solution, but maybe you want to use MFR's own Liquid Routers instead. They can separate liquids into different output pipes, which you could hook up to some kind of liquid storage, or to further processing facilities. I recently >posted an example of what can be done with Mob Essence if you're creative.

The most efficient Liquid Storage is the Drum from Extra Utilities, by the way. Those 256 buckets per Drum should last you a while, and they can be stacked with other Drums having the same content and amount, i.e. full ones will stack.

i dont know what a laser drill is but i'll keep in mind that it allows for emeralds to be mined

mystcraft age? i dont know what your talking about but that age thing sounds awesome.

i have gotten a power suit by the way. using it is a lot of fun. right now i just got the iron plating and faster walking

i used the liquiduct with the servo to fix the problem

it seems the pipes must be empty for the essence to go through but its okay cause the composter sucks it up quite quickly and then the essence can go to its drum

yes drums seem to be a lot better then a tank, even if you pick em up they still stay filled

i tried the liquid router but there seems to be some kind of problem with it

when i set it to send essence to one pipe and sewage to one pipe it just kept sending essence even though there wasnt any essence in the sewer!

that is quite an impressive contraption curunir, i hope i'll be able to make cool stuff like that

i think i can make a very small mob farm with a grinder cause i found a spawner

i think im done with your tutorial curunir

thank you guys, you have been a great help

any hints at what i do from here?

Explore other mods in the pack. Get an ME network running for storage. Build that Laser Drill setup, together with a sufficient power source to drive it. Get into >Mystcraft and find out what those Ages are all about. Maybe do some Galacticraft, although I personally find that one rather silly. Use RIM (Redstone in Motion / Remain in Motion) to build a crawler for mining or maybe road building.

It's a big modpack. Go and explore.

Edited by Curunir

any hints at what i do from here?

I've got one idea, a challenge: move a vanilla Monster Spawner near your base.

Watch out for MPS overheating, cool it with some addons.

You can also make a Mystcraft age (take a link book linked to the overworld with you). If you are bored try to find a Division Sigil and make your way to the Deep Dark (hint: unstable ingots will kill you even in the powersuit).

If you ever find yourself in a dark dimension with creepy sounds and red eyes chasing you - drop a post here and write about it ;)

I've got one idea, a challenge: move a vanilla Monster Spawner near your base.

Isn't that rather trivial if you managed to obtain a Nether Star?

If you ever find yourself in a dark dimension with creepy sounds and red eyes chasing you - drop a post here and write about it 

Ah, yes. It's really been a while since I've been to that kind of party...

Oh, you meant in Minecraft.

Isn't that rather trivial if you managed to obtain a Nether Star?

True. You can do with with MFR... once for every nether start. You can do it also with qCraft or AE multiple times. I was referring to the AE solution.

Edit:

i dont know what a laser drill is but i'll keep in mind that it allows for emeralds to be mined

mystcraft age? i dont know what your talking about but that age thing sounds awesome.

Laser drill will give you every Ore you can find in the game for the cost of energy. Nether ores included.

Mystcraft Age - a defined by the player dimension with configurable weather, day/night cycle, colors, blocks, liquids, Ores etc. More here.

You can make a sea world filled with Resonant Ender......... or Fuel.

You pack a bunch of Symbols (in a strictly defined way with specified order) to a book and go for a journey (with a Linking book in the pocket). The dimension could be beautiful but it can be also deadly or poisonous (like burning in the sun deadly).

Edited by bochen415

So I just downloaded the Technic pack earlier today and have been playing it. Basically mining and doing things like vanilla minecraft. I'm completely lost. I know there's certain things I need from watching Yogscast tekkit/moonquest/hole diggers episodes. However, I've searched and searched as to how to power things, (specifically, at the moment electric furnace) and all of the tutorials say to use things that aren't in the pack (for example a batbox). If anyone has updated tutorials, a "how to get started" or "if you want to do this" Particularily with the names of everything, how to power it, ect.

Yes, I'm a total noob, and if there's somewhere out there that already has it, please feel free to call me an idiot and say I didn't look hard enough. I've literally spent all day searching. I also made a seperate SP game to test things out and finally got a quarry to work on my own. (however apparently 3 redstone engines isn't enough to power it) I'm at a loss as to how to get things piped (oil specifically) and how to even use that as fuel, if it's recommended or possible. I don't know, I'm completely lost.

The glory of minecraft is learning things on your own... however there's SO much to learn with this my head is killing me from it. Sorry all.

Nobody's calling you an idiot, but I guess you did, in fact, not look hard enough :) .. I mean, actually reading all three pages of this very thread you posted in would be a good start, seeing as its creator CXXIVLDIVL had pretty much the same problems as you. Also, >Curunir's newbie tutorial answers most of those, and there's the wiki to help you out if you're looking for something specific.

If you absolutely need guides in video form (sigh), make sure they're for the current Tekkit version. Those you watched are outdated, things like electric furnaces and batboxes are from Industrialcraft2, which was kicked from Tekkit quite some time ago (it's still in Tekkit Classic, but that's not recommended unless you're feeling really nostalgic). Most machinery stuff is covered by the Thermal Expansion 3 and Minefactory Reloaded mods now. TE3 also handles basic energy generation via dynamos. So you can search for guides on those specific mods if you just want some tips on starting out and don't need or want the entire Tekkit experience laid out.

As a general rule, if whatever help resource you're looking at is older than mid-2013, it's probably for the wrong Tekkit version.

Edited by redsector