Let's test Tekkit 1.2.10c beta!

Skuli

How do Tekkit updates work ? Do the devs pick versions of mods, test them in secret for a while then push to public beta when it looks good and see if the community finds bugs ? I think having dev notes would be good, because it'll show what is being worked on so we don't suggest thing that are already planned

So, I take it no one has found any compatibility issues with Computercraft 1.6 and other mods in this beta?

My players haven't complained of it at all, Would me posting what mods i leave out of the server and items i ban ( and why ) be helpful?

Well MFR rednet cables and PR bundled cables don't work with CC 1.6 redstone API, that's a problem

PR Computercraft bundled cable compatability will not work in 1.6.4 with CC 1.6.

They work with 4.4.7 build #46 and above for minecraft 1.7.10

Edited by bochen415

There's an update for WeaponMod too.  http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272627-balkons-weaponmod-v1-14

Version 1.13.6
- Moved item textures to the assets/weaponmod/ folder.
- Moved lang files to the assets/weaponmod/lang/ folder.
- Fixed darts ingoring dart type on pickup.
- Fixed dispensers always firing default dart type.
Edited by DAOWAce

I didn't want to post this but my idea was exactly the same.

Still 1.7.10 is not complete yet. There's really no workaround at this time.

Computercraft for 1.7.10 is in early beta at this stage:

This version is very much a work-in-progress, there are multiple known bugs, and some systems are incomplete. Use the download at your own risk, and don't expect world compatibility between versions. Use at your own risk. 
Edited by bochen415

Maybe, but this would make 1.2.9e the last stable 1.6.4-based version. It might be a good idea to at least wrap up all the available updates into one last 1.6.4-based version, maybe reverting to CC1.5 after all, and only then set out for new shores.

I agree with Curunir.

1.7 based modpacks seem now more in reach than ever, that is true. But why not wrap up things on the 1.6.4 basis first?

There is hurry to get into 1.7.x, because there are still some mods out there which are more in alpha rather than beta or stable.

I for one would love to see at least one, maybe even another, 1.2.x Tekkit based on 1.6.4 before hitting the next level (which surely will involve a lot of work).

This is a must have. Tekkit will eventually follow the path of Tekkit Classic and will be on servers for a long time. That's why things must be brought to a stable, working state right now in 1.6.4 even if this means downgrading some mods or rolling back new features. 

The good news for 1.7.10 is: no more ID problems with blocks and items (only biomes are done the old way).

This will certainly speed up the process.

Edited by bochen415

There is a chance that we won't have MPS anyway. I have not been following mods closely, but somebody else said that a 1.7 version of MPS was nowhere near.

Good to hear about the Simply Jetpacks upgrades. I've grown to like that mod.

On a side note: When that last 1.6.4 Tekkit version gets made, please remember updating Simply Jetpacks to 0.1.4.1, to fix the game-crashing recipe issue in singleplayer.

Im gonna throw this in here even though its mostly unrelated to tekkit ( though i find its worse in tekkit than elsewhere )

There seem to be some kind of Permission glitch with a combination of Technic mcpc+/cauldron and mcmyadmin.

A person will login and not have any permissions on the server, they'll be able to talk and build normally but not be able to use plugin commands /tp, /warp, /bal ect ect

I've traced the problem down to a duplicate user error that i can see in the mcmyadmin window, but does not show in the console window. (though it happens without mcmyadmin)

This problem also seems to have a side effect of ALSO keeping mcmyadmins user list filled with the affected players name when they've logged off, when used with tekkit ( but not other modpacks i've noticed )

Example : b-team

At first i thought it was a permissionsex problem ( there are several threads there about it in pex's forum ) but i don't think it has anything to do with pex.

-The problem is intermittent but happens very often even on a server with only about 10-20 avg people peak ( at approx 10-20 times a day )

-The permissions lost seem to be any given by plugins, all vanilla functions seem to work fine.

-A person CAN come onto the server first time that day and get the problem

-The best workaround is re-logging

I bring this up mostly because i brought up the tekkitcustomizer duplicate items problem to skuli ( he found it had to do with an inventory glitch in mcpc+ ), and he talked to md_5 and got that fixed ages ago.

Im hoping to luck out again.

-edit: clarity

-EDIT: i just found out md_5 is going to be REALLY busy because a bukkit dev filed a dmca notice.  ignore my post T_T

Check sep 6 and 4 posts

http://cauldron.minecraftforge.net/

Bukkit's news post

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/bukkit-its-time-to-say.305106/

Mojang's thoughts

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mojang-and-the-bukkit-project.309715/

Edited by TetraD