Regarding Offline Mode (Yeah I have read the statement)

XSturb

Question

This mode should be pri. 1 by now. It is dead important that this gets implemented as fast as possible. I don't see why it should be that difficult to do.

But in the mean time I need to know how to backdate my Technic pack so i can play offline with out the launcher.

So Technic pack 5 needs to be available for download as well until the offline mode is implemented.

Yeah I do have internet access who doesnt?

But I basically play minecraft the most on my laptop when I dont have internet access which is quite often for me (im in the military sailing)

As it is for now I cant play Technic pack Minecraft the times I want to play it and when I get home to my lovely internet connection I spend most of my time doing other stuff than playing minecraft.

And about the pirated stuff, why cant you make it like vanilla MC does. You have to login once with an legitimate account and then you can play MC offline with no problems at all. If you really need to add some sort of DRM in order to legally have offline mode than do that. But I really want to play MC offline on my legitimate account when ever i want. By now I really need the good old Technic pack without the launcher.

Best Regards,

XSturb

3 answers to this question

• Forum Administrators

This mode should be pri. 1 by now. It is dead important that this gets implemented as fast as possible. I don't see why it should be that difficult to do.

But in the mean time I need to know how to backdate my Technic pack so i can play offline with out the launcher.

So Technic pack 5 needs to be available for download as well until the offline mode is implemented.

Yeah I do have internet access who doesnt?

But I basically play minecraft the most on my laptop when I dont have internet access which is quite often for me (im in the military sailing)

As it is for now I cant play Technic pack Minecraft the times I want to play it and when I get home to my lovely internet connection I spend most of my time doing other stuff than playing minecraft.

And about the pirated stuff, why cant you make it like vanilla MC does. You have to login once with an legitimate account and then you can play MC offline with no problems at all. If you really need to add some sort of DRM in order to legally have offline mode than do that. But I really want to play MC offline on my legitimate account when ever i want. By now I really need the good old Technic pack without the launcher.

Best Regards,

XSturb

MOD EDIT: You didn't read the other statement at all it would seem

You can say a lot of things like 'should be' and 'shouldn't be that difficult' and 'dead important'

There are reasons why the launcher is how it is. If you did really read the statement you would know that we are working on it and that the things you suggest are kind of silly.

Did you also know that we had to switch web hosts in the mean time as well? Are you aware that we aren't robots that work 24/7 for the express benefit of XStrub?

Do you realize that you asking 'why cant you be like vanilla MC' is a stupid question? When we implement offline mode it will be exactly like vanilla MC. Did you actually read the post about piracy? It would seem you didn't since it specifically says it isn't about DRM at all, but then again you claim you read it so I must be mistaken!*

*I'm not, you didn't read it as well as you should have considering the whole thing is about how it isn't about piracy or DRM at all.

EDIT

5.0.5 is right here