Launcher download

EZSPECIAL

Question

I have the same problem as some people in here where it always says Download Failed, I created a new topic because I will try to describe my situation the best I can.

Normal minecraft doesn't download either, it gets stuck at 30% sometimes 25% I usually get it off pirated sources and just copy what I would get if I could download (I do have an account in Minecraft paid and all, same IGN), I have been able to download it untill about 1.8 Beta, I've had it since Alpha 1.2. So I don't think it's a direct Technic Launcher problem but it does affect it the same way it affects the normal launcher. I have Java 7 64 bits with Windows 7 64 as well.

If the problem can't be solved a workaround is fine, I just need to know where the normal minecraft files are supposed to go so I can copy them from my official 1.1 release

Also system specs which I don't think will help:

Intel Core i7 860

4GB RAM Corsair 1333MHZ (2 Sticks Dual Channel)

Sapphire Radeon HD 5850

Corsair 850W Power Source (I think it's HX)

2 answers to this question

If you have been having a problem since Beta 1.8 with downloading the official releases you should really contact Mojang. As for where the files go... Well I will let someone else post that as I am on warning (notice the pink name and HELLEN KELLER subtext) and really don't want to get banned for saying something I shouldn't (that is if telling someone the proper way to set-up a folder with vanilla minecraft files counts is not allowed).