My modpack fails to load from the Launcher

MCKabu

I was told to bring my issue to Platform Pagoda, so yeah :3

- Type of bug: Launcher Bug
- Video / Screenshot of the incident: (optional)
- Reproduction rate: 7/10
- Steps to reproduce:
Opened Technic Launcher

Selected my own modpack (Immortalis Orbis)
Clicked Play
Launcher downloaded usual stuff
Launcher disappeared for about 9/10 seconds
Launcher reappeared

- Expected result: My modpack should load successfully
- Observed result: Technic Launcher reappeared after 10 seconds and didn't load my modpack
- Logs: http://www.mediafire..._2014-08-21.log
- Additional comments: N/A

OK, I solved the whole 'not loading issue' by doing something (can't remember what it was though). Now I am presented with a new problem. The main menu is compressed to the bottom-left corner of the screen and the rest is a white background.

I know the JVM Argument you have to put in to make it not do this: -Dforge.forceNoStencil=true

But I don't know where to put it. I tried putting it in the version.json file in the 'minecraftArguments' field but that did nothing. Help is much needed

EDIT: Specifically what it is is an invalid framebuffer operation. Here's the log for more info

http://www.mediafire.com/view/789g8ies7v76d8i/latest.log /goto line 59 for the problem

EDIT #2: The JVM Argument gets deleted from the 'minecraftArguments' field in the version.json, so yeah. Just a bit more info

Edited by MCKabu

• Discord Moderator
  • You need to update your Java. You are currently on Java 7_45. The current version is 7_67.
  • Update your video drivers if possible to the latest version available.
  • Update your Forge version to at least 1.7.10 B1207.

Your pack works fine for me. I suspect it is something with your local system rather than something with the modpack.

• You need to update your Java. You are currently on Java 7_45. The current version is 7_67.
  • Update your video drivers if possible to the latest version available.
  • Update your Forge version to at least 1.7.10 B1207.

Your pack works fine for me. I suspect it is something with your local system rather than something with the modpack.

Updated my Java to Java 7_67 and nothing worked. Not even regular Minecraft works now, instead I get a Java Virtual Machine Launcher error:

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

(EDIT: Just needed to allocate 1GB to Minecraft, so regular Minecraft works now)

I already have the latest version of my video driver

Updated Forge to latest (1.7.10.1208) and the main menu is still compressed to the corner

Edited by MCKabu

My suggestion is to start with ONLY Forge in your modpack. If that works fine start adding mods in singly or in logical groups (mods with dependencies) until it stops working.

I can confirm that with only using Forge in my modpack, the main menu is still compressed to the corner.

Are you completely sure you have the proper bit-version of java (32bit vs 64bit) for your computer. If you have a 64 bit machine and 32 bit java Nothing minecraft will work

You can find it here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

Yes. I run on a 64x machine and have installed Java JRE7_67 (64x) from Oracle

If you have only forge in your pack and the video is looking messed up, it's likely something wonky with your PC. Drivers, hardware compatibility, Java messed up, something.

Well thing is I can and have resolved it in normal Minecraft 1.7.10 Forge under JVM Arguments since there's the space for that in Edit Profile.

If the Technic Launcher had that JVM Arguments section or I was pointed to where I would put -Dforge.forceNoStencil=true, then this would've been resolved by now.

I don't think it's a problem with Java or drivers, since it's part of the 'Common Problems and Solutions' part of the Forge Forums, so its not like I wasn't the only one experiencing this problem.

Might have to downgrade pre-1.7.10, since they are the only versions that have a functioning main menu

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue. I'm assuming you have an Intel GPU? This seems to be a common problem with the intel gpu's not being compatible with the current rendering formats of forge and minecraft in general (which is why you crash while going fullscreen) I do not know the solution other than using your default launcher and creating a separate folder in the .minecraft folder and creating a separate profile.
i.e. .minecraft/ (new folder)1.7.10/ (new folder)Modpackname/ (new folder)mods

Put the mods in the newly created mods folder and put any other files in their respective spots in the modpack folder. also put the directory into the new profile.
i.e. add /[version]/[modpackFolderName] after minecraft when you create and edit the new profile. You don't have to create or list the version profile, though it helps keep things organized. you can go a step further by adding them to a subfolder, like Vanilla, Forge, or Optifine.
i.e.: 
  .minecraft/Forge/1.6.4/Pixelmon

.minecraft/Optifine/1.7.4

or

.minecraft/Vanilla/1.8

Not sure if this helps, but that's how I evade the problem.

you will still need to use -Dforge.forceNoStencil=true

L2eCoIb.jpg?1

• 1 month later...

I am having the same error...a small portion of my screen is showing up, but everything else is black. I'm using the Latest Stable Build of the Technic Launcher, trying to play with the Hexxit ModPack, and it keeps going to that screen when it loads up. Ik why its happening (rare bug in fml 1.7.10), but I can't fix it like i can in the normal minecraft launcher by adding into the JVM Arguments -Dforge.forceNoStencil=true mainly because there ISN'T a spot for the Technic Launcher to add that argument...I tried plowmanplow's suggestion, but that doesn't work, besides, it says (from what I've found) minecraftArguments, not JVM Arguments. This error comes up with all modpacks I use with 1.7.10. If anybody can help me fix this annoying bug, PLZ tell me how to do it...

Thx for reading this, I really need this fixed...

:?: