Craftfind: Searching for the next Minecraft

Amaxter

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Next item on our steam-ing menu: Staxel

If you liked Stardew Valley, but hoped it to be more voxel like as Cube World and also multiplayer, well, you got it!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/405710/Staxel/

Early Access and published by Humble Bundle.

Followed up with; My Time at Portia.

The exact same game as above, but not voxel-y looking. This is more of a cartoon-look. It does not allow multiplayer.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/666140/My_Time_At_Portia/

Published by Team17 Digital, that I recalled made Worms World Party. wooo!

I prefer the look of this than Staxel. Let's keep an eye out on which one strikes whos fancy.

I bought Staxel, and it feels... yeah. My initial thought was Minecraft, but Cube World is probably more apt. Cube World meets Stardew Valley. It feels pretty solid.

And looking at My Time at Portia through Many A True Nerd now, and it looks pretty neat as well. May pick that up just as I did Staxel.

• Forum Administrators

I want to get Staxel as it looks decent(despite that I hate blocky games:arghfist:) from a farming standpoint (I'm a fan of Stardew Valley). Multiplayer is one of the big selling points for me. I just don't meet the minimum requirements to run it so the $20 price tag isn't worth it. I also do not like to buy Early Access titles especially since I don't particularly have any strong feelings toward Humble Bundle as a game publisher.

• Moderators

Probably the most graphically enhanced Minecraft VR game out there: CyubeVR

based by the name alone, you'd think this was a drunk american's work, but waoh! He did an impressive work on the graphics here

Early Access, has no enemies, only deers to shoot arrows at. No Hunger or survival aspects to speak of. This is very early-Early Access title

It also claims to be completely infinite world to explore. ... .. ok..

http://store.steampowered.com/app/619500/cyubeVR/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

going back to Ylands, I looked up a random yt video and found this interesting

at 17:45, it's pitchblack night while they are sailing without any navigation and there is a freezing mechanic. If you don't carry anything warm, like a torch, you will get hurt and possibly die.

• 1 month later...

Anyone here hosted a server using MineOS? I updated to the Node.js UI and just figured out how to install server packs from other users, but most of them fail! I did get TPPI and other official modpack servers up and running, so at least that is a plus.

Also Check out this game, It may be some shameless self promotion, but Its my first official game and I'd like to see what you guys think?Bree_SL_smaller.png

• Moderators

well, this was unexpected.

This is.... Ark: Survival Evolved... in pixels.

If you don't remember this game, it's basically you running naked, pooping around and hunting dinosaurs in an exotic island. And you can build lasers.

Now there's a pixelated version of this game called PixARK, so ARK mixed with minecraft. http://store.steampowered.com/app/593600/PixARK/

thing I don't like is that it's another studio, Snail Games USA, who is also working on another EA (early access) project on steam.

Edit. a warning should be labeled on Snail Games studio. Their other game, Dark and Light, is complained by other players for numerous bugs and zero response for bug fixing from its developer. Might be an abandoned cash-grab. Keep this in mind if you consider buying PixArk.

Edited by Munaus

• Moderators

so it could be the original devs working on this? fair enough. I hope they work some magic on those textures, that house building looked like something you puked on.

character details looked great, dinosaurs are always intriguing for me and they have a cyan coloured werewolf.

hopefully it'll get some good singleplayer experience and not just multiplayer-focused.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally capable of giving a decent enough first impression of My Time at Portia:

It's GregTech: The Game, at least for the initial part.
For example, a commission (basically a quest) asked me to try out a Small Planter. But I needed to make it myself first.
Sure, let's see what I need to make a small planter.

3 Wooden boards, 2 soil, 2 animal feces. Sure! Can do!
Soil is from mining, which I've done. I have soil. Feces spawns where animals roam. Makes sense. I have poop.

Wooden boards... okay, I have wood from chopping a tree. How do I turn it into boards.
I need a Civil Cutter machine. How do I get a civil cutter? I need 2 copper blades, and 5 stone bricks.
Okay! What do I need to make copper blades and stone brick?

Copper blades, I need copper ingots. Copper ingots I need a furnace and copper ore.
Stone bricks, I just need a furnace and stone.

Now, how do I turn the copper ingots into blades?
I need a Civil Grinder.

What do I need for a civil grinder? Well... I'll stop here.

For the first bit, a lot of it seems to be getting parts to make machines, so you can make parts so you can make machines so you can make parts so you can make what you need to fulfil a quest requirement.
Of course, as soon as you've crossed that hump, you should only need fuel to continue operating the machinery, but if you can't stand that initial machinery grind in modded Minecraft (not necessarily GregTech specifically) you may get a bit frustrated with MTaP.

THAT SAID, the game is fun enough to play. I don't regret buying it at all.

Edited by Melfice

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I forgot about this title: Gleaner Heights

on the surface, this is a typical Stardew Valley-clone. Crafting, farming, exploring, town events and making relationships with villagers.

However, this promises to be darker. Villagers have a dark double-life that you can (ab)use to your enjoyment and there lies a secret beneath the ground, diablo-style?

Combat is more fluid with rolls, dodges and power attacks

And most importantly; this is a finished game. Not EA-crap.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/786580/Gleaner_Heights/

• 5 months later...

An incipient modding network has grown up around Space Engineers now; many who need to enhance the fundamental models and such past what the diversion brings to the table. Maybe sometime I'll hurl a connection to what I've carefully chose as helpful and fascinating mods for enhancing the fundamental interactivity.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I play subway surfers for pc this . This is my favorite game

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

got sick of Minecraft glitching an empty chunk so I went to Steam looking for new minecraft clones. Here's one called Embark

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1055090/Embark/

So the look of a Minecraft world, but played as Dwarf Fortress and your npc's having Sims life.

Early Access with positive reviews so far. Might be something for DF fans out there who are looking for Dwarf fortress in 3D.