Amaxter

Craftfind: Searching for the next Minecraft

58 posts in this topic

It has a slight issue with an in-game store.I'm not sure how to feel about that.
So far, it's only cosmetic, but... "it's only cosmetic" is no real excuse for having an in-game store in a premium game.

So, y'know.

Next item on our steam-ing menu: Staxel

If you liked Stardew Valley, but hoped it to be more voxel like as Cube World and also multiplayer, well, you got it!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/405710/Staxel/

Early Access and published by Humble Bundle.

Followed up with; My Time at Portia.

The exact same game as above, but not voxel-y looking. This is more of a cartoon-look. It does not allow multiplayer.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/666140/My_Time_At_Portia/

Published by Team17 Digital, that I recalled made Worms World Party. wooo!

I prefer the look of this than Staxel. Let's keep an eye out on which one strikes whos fancy.

I bought Staxel, and it feels... yeah. My initial thought was Minecraft, but Cube World is probably more apt. Cube World meets Stardew Valley. It feels pretty solid.

And looking at My Time at Portia through Many A True Nerd now, and it looks pretty neat as well. May pick that up just as I did Staxel.

uhh.. why, though? Isn't it practically the same game?

Anywho, if you do, please tell your inital reaction and differences on both games?

I own 419 games. (Majority from big sales, though. Don't worry. I don't live in a cardboard box.)
I've given up questioning "why" at this point. I suggest others don't even start.

And I will.

I want to get Staxel as it looks decent(despite that I hate blocky games:arghfist:) from a farming standpoint (I'm a fan of Stardew Valley). Multiplayer is one of the big selling points for me. I just don't meet the minimum requirements to run it so the $20 price tag isn't worth it. I also do not like to buy Early Access titles especially since I don't particularly have any strong feelings toward Humble Bundle as a game publisher.

Probably the most graphically enhanced Minecraft VR game out there: CyubeVR

based by the name alone, you'd think this was a drunk american's work, but waoh! He did an impressive work on the graphics here

Early Access, has no enemies, only deers to shoot arrows at. No Hunger or survival aspects to speak of. This is very early-Early Access title

It also claims to be completely infinite world to explore. ... .. ok..

http://store.steampowered.com/app/619500/cyubeVR/

going back to Ylands, I looked up a random yt video and found this interesting

at 17:45, it's pitchblack night while they are sailing without any navigation and there is a freezing mechanic. If you don't carry anything warm, like a torch, you will get hurt and possibly die.