Modpacks download, but do not open

Robinya

Question

Well, I don't know that those tags will help at all, but here goes:

While this appears to be a relatively common problem, with several different answers, none of those have worked for me.  Prior to today (9/2/14), TechnicLauncher was running fine.  I'd click play, and it'd download the necessary things depending on whether it was the first time I had played the modpack or not, as per usual.

I tried to run Ez-Pixelmon, and it would not start.  Thinking that my computer was being buggy because of the public (college) wifi I was on, I restarted my computer.  Microsoft Outlook had crashed earlier today as well.  Restarting fixed the Outlook issue, as usual.  

I am unsure if that is relevant, but perhaps it is.  Sometimes things interact in weird ways I suppose, the email I use to log into Technic is the same as the one I was adding to Outlook today.  So I was thinking it was a security thing that my computer was screwing with as I was adding it with TechnicLauncher open.  

Regardless of the usefulness of the above information, I then tried to run BigDig, which has always run quite well on my computer that one started then froze the first time, and Java Platform Binary stopped responding.  So I closed everything out and then tried to open vanilla minecraft through TechnicLauncher.  I then began getting the lovely "Launcher hides and then reappears without loading anything bit" that seems to be a common error.  

I then tried deleting all technic related things on my computer, and simply reinstalling, as I had been messing with creating some mods.  And figured forge might have been interacting with it somehow.  So when I reinstalled I made sure that they were separate and not interacting.  (Initially I had both on the desktop, I moved .technic c:usersrobinappdataroaming alongside .minecraft, as I had no issues with it there).

As you've probably already gathered, that didn't work either.  I then added the entire .technic folder to the exceptions on my antivirus, and it still wasn't working.  So, if anyone has any additional suggestions, that'd be great.  

Additional Info:

64-bit computer, Lenovo Ideapad, intel i7, windows 8.1

32-bit java (32 bit eclipse runs better than the 64 with 64 bit java.  Less errors.)

JRE 7/JDK 7

Norton Internet Security (*note* I have never had an issue with Norton and Technic, even when Technic was first installed.  Norton recognizes Technic as a safe program.)

I don't understand where to post the logs, but I can access them if necessary.  Please let me know, I will be checking back later tonight or early tomorrow.  

I hope this adds more detail to the issue, most of the posts here on this issue were in poorly written english.  

1 answer to this question