Looking for Mod Suggestions!

FCPWiz

Hello minecrafters!

I've been working on my first modpack for 1.7.10! It's my first modpack ever! I was looking for some mod suggestions to help me out with cool mods that I never heard of.

Here's the link to my modpack: http://www.technicpa...radox-ii.371082

It would be great if you could read the mod list and tell me what you think I should add in to build 2.2!

Thanks everyone!
Manny

Edited by FCPWiz

Great to see another pack using Technic Solder! I like the mod list, maybe add The Eternal Isles for an RPG experience?

Cool suggestion! I don't think that's for 1.7.10 though. :(

Also, I LOVE technic solder! I only wish uploading mods would be less cumbersome.

First of all, my suggestions are my own opinions - while I'd build a pack like this, it

A few mods I personally am fond of are:

-Bluepower: An excellent item management system, based on RedPower's. RP itself has been dead since Minecraft 1.4, but I still miss its tubes.

-Remain in Motion: Allows moving blocks. Combined with block breakers and placers (you have several in your pack already) they allow replacing most magic blocks with contraptions you build yourself. (Disclaimer: I develop it, so I'm not exactly an impartial commentator.)

-ComputerCraft and/or OpenComputers, and add-ons: Add Lua-based computers to Minecraft, allowing complex logic to be implemented in single blocks.

Some other suggestions:

-ProjectRed and RedLogic (and BluePower, if you add it) all serve much the same purpose - to replace RedPower. Although they each are different, you could probably trim down the pack quite a bit by using only one.

First of all, my suggestions are my own opinions - while I'd build a pack like this, it

A few mods I personally am fond of are:

-Bluepower: An excellent item management system, based on RedPower's. RP itself has been dead since Minecraft 1.4, but I still miss its tubes.

-Remain in Motion: Allows moving blocks. Combined with block breakers and placers (you have several in your pack already) they allow replacing most magic blocks with contraptions you build yourself. (Disclaimer: I develop it, so I'm not exactly an impartial commentator.)

-ComputerCraft and/or OpenComputers, and add-ons: Add Lua-based computers to Minecraft, allowing complex logic to be implemented in single blocks.

Some other suggestions:

-ProjectRed and RedLogic (and BluePower, if you add it) all serve much the same purpose - to replace RedPower. Although they each are different, you could probably trim down the pack quite a bit by using only one.

Thanks for the response! I will be glad to add Remain in Motion and OpenComputers to the pack! It's a shame that bluecraft still isn't in development. :( I will add ComputerCraft as well when it becomes available for 1.7.10!

Keep the suggestions coming guys!

Thanks for all the great suggestions! Version 2.2 is now public! Here is the change log:

Added:

- GregTech
- MFFS
- Universal Electricity
- Resonant Engine
- Remain in Motion
- OpenComputers
- Damage Indicators
- Simply Jetpacks
- Big Reactors
- MAtmos
- LiteLoader
- BluePower

Updated:
- Nuclear Control 2
- Random Things

Have fun with v2.2! :)

BluePower has a crash, but for now you have to add this to your mods folder as a work-around. A 1.7-compatible ComputerCraft (1.64pr4) is available  from the "beta testing" thread in their forums.

Ok, I added Scala Actors, BluePower, and ComputerCraft in v2.2.1. (And everything works like a charm!)

Edited by FCPWiz

Actually eternal isles does work for 1.7.10, it's a really awesome continuation of Divine RPG.

Also I believe somebody wrote a script for solder that would automate adding mods by simply providing it with a slug for each one.

Oh! What is the script called?

• 1 month later...

Actually eternal isles does work for 1.7.10, it's a really awesome continuation of Divine RPG.

Also I believe somebody wrote a script for solder that would automate adding mods by simply providing it with a slug for each one.

Hello? Do you know the name of the script? It would be AWESOME to use!