I cannot connect to ANY servers. I keep getting this Error.

StephaniLiane

I cleared an apparent Trojan according to AVG I have a Trojan virus, it said it secured it. I always removed all the adware/malware. Still I cannot connect.I cannot even connect to a LAN server Q_Q.... 

I cannot figure this out for the life of me..... The only thing I can think to do is wipe my entire computer, but that would leave me with a lot of lost things on my computer and a lot of crap to DL which isn't possible at this time.

For what it's worth, maybe doing a fresh Java install could help (in case it's not actually a piece of malware at work).

As a not-really-great workaround, you could get some live Linux DVD and boot into that, which should allow you to run the game for the time being (just make sure you put the actual game somewhere it won't vanish when you leave the live environment). I recommend using Linux Mint (Mate) for that, because of the good out-of-the-box driver support.

Other than that, Windows reinstall ahoy.

Welp.... computer is dead now.... won't work. Tried system restore and it says recovery partition was missing. I give up... ebay here I go... done with this shit laptop. For future reference never get lenovo y 500 ideapads. The okr doesn't work properly and corrupted the hard drive. The trojan was apparently severe.. I can't remember which it was

The hard drive is ruined. I am not buying a new one. I have two other comps. Now trying to get it working on inspirion one 4200 touchscreen. Says drivers are bad but I updated them. So now to figure out this problem..... says an openGL issue. Says due to drivers

Edited by StephaniLiane

Copy all relevant data and format the drive. Install fresh Windows copy from a install disk (you don't need a recovery partition just the Windows CD/DVD with the same version that was in the first place on this PC) and provide the license key from the laptops belly.

While there are locations, "free" download of any microsoft operating system is considered piracy (as they are often cracked and bypass Microsofts anti-theft systems), which is something that cannot be discussed on these forums (as it is illegal) - I know Microsoft did offer at one point them sending you, via mail, a Windows disc at a charge of $10. I'm unsure if they still offer this.

The other option is visiting a local computer store (avoid major corporations, like Best Buy, reasoning follows) that is small enough as often the employees are hardcore computer people (experts more than likely in some aspect) and they may be willing to let you use a disc they have to reinstall for free or a much smaller charge rate than having to re-buy the entire OS from a major corporation (as their employees have strict standards they have to follow or else theyll get in trouble, etc etc)