What mods I would like to see in Tekkit

NeoWolf

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is indeed spectacular.  Laser turrets make excellent open base defense.  They need a rather large amount of power, though, so plan on a reactor if you want one or more.  The problem with the rest of them?  Supplying them with ammo.  Except item turrets.  You can feed those with cobble gens.

No, the MFR Unifier apparently does not recognize/accept Liquid XP and Mob Essence as the same thing. You can convert Liquid XP to Mob Essence by using the tools that OpenBlocks and MFR give you, namely thus:

1. put the Liquid XP in a tank that will work with an XP Shower (maybe just prepare it first and leave it empty until all is assembled)
  2. put aforementioned XP Shower on that tank
  3. install an MFR Sewer under the XP Shower
  4. attach some piping and a suitable tank to the Sewer to catch the Mob Essence

The XP Shower will just convert Liquid XP back to experience orbs that can be picked up, and the Sewer will simply do its thing with them. With the addition of an XP Drain to convert player levels, I am calling the whole contraption the "XP Toilet".

Converting the other way will only work through a player and cannot be properly automated. You drink Mob Essence through a straw, then stand on an XP Drain to turn it into Liquid XP. The decision what to use depends on which enchantment machines you prefer - those from MFR or the OpenBlocks ones.

In case it is not yet obvious from this, I also vote for OpenBlocks to be included when Tekkit rises again.

Edited by Curunir

I'd like to see all mods from resonant engine, not just MFFS and Powersuit.
Tesla coils, mechanical generators, EMPs, antimatter missiles, genetic modifications and more..

I also used Bibliocraft a lot, shelves are pretty useful IMO, Powersuit looks even more cool on armor stand.

Already mentioned:

Mekanism

I enjoyed it quite a lot for it's chemistry system, so I would definitely go for it.

ModularTurrets, Natura

looks amazing, I'll try them.

I'd like to see all mods from resonant engine, not just MFFS and Powersuit.

Tesla coils, mechanical generators, EMPs, antimatter missiles, genetic modifications and more..

I also used Bibliocraft a lot, shelves are pretty useful IMO, Powersuit looks even more cool on armor stand.

Already mentioned:

Mekanism

I enjoyed it quite a lot for it's chemistry system, so I would definitely go for it.

ModularTurrets, Natura

looks amazing, I'll try them.

Mekanism ore processing looks nice - Can I get shiny metal from ferrous ore using it?

Where I can learn more about  resonant engine genetic modifications and mechanical generators?

You can get Shiny from Mekanism processing, but it may be necessary to also have the compatibility mod Another One Bites The Dust (AOBD), and it only works on ores. The byproduct logic is exclusive to Thermal Expansion and its Pulverizer and Induction Smelter. Which work nicely and with upgrades in TE4, by the way.

I have the full Mekanism quintupling chain in my (1.7.10-based, non-Tekkit) base and it works for Shiny, although it is called Platinum in most intermediary processing stages. You do need to find Platinum Ore, which at least should be available as Nether Platinum Ore. You will get five ingots from one ore with this.

Beware, though, that the full Mekanism chain is an ungodly monster with gazillions of tubes and all sorts of dangerous chemicals. The real benefit of having Mekanism is the Factories - upgraded, supercharged versions of the base machines that can crank up production rates to industrial level in just a few blocks.

Edited by Curunir