What mods do you want?

francisco0002

Absolutely none. Why? Because discussions like this one go nowhere quick in terms of actually implementing additional mods. In most cases, the mods that are suggested are simply re-runs of mods in other modpacks that already beat the mod down into a messy bloody pile of crap. And in the event they haven't done that, you may have found yourself a mod that still won't be accepted because it interferes with modpack balance, it already has too many ____ styled mods, or it simply isnt supported. There is another key problem to these types of threads: If you want a mod in the pack you can easily add it yourself. Thus making it a custom modpack and support for that would go to the Platform Pagoda section of the forums. By simply adding the mods you want yourself, you win. Granted of course this has the downside of no longer being able to enter "vanilla" servers of this modpack without removing the mods again, but that was the point of making it into a custom modpack - so others could easily download it and join you in your vision of the pack.

There's plenty I left out of this post simply because I do not want to type it all out, but a long story short: Wish you luck in getting this thread anywhere outside of "will not add"

From experience, I know these mods work very well with each other and I'm sure it will work very well with voltz as well. These mods are compatible with voltz and will improve it greatly, recently (no offence) voltz has been getting worse and less popular now that some of the good mods have been removed from the modpack and lots of  "re-runs of mods in other modpacks that already beat the mod down into a messy bloody pile of crap" have been added. Also, that's the point of this thread, I am Suggesting which mods should be added to this modpack, if I didn't play on a server I wouldn't have posted this thread nor worried about which mods were in this modpack because I could have easily added them myself.

Then let me go over why the mods you "suggested" are still a no,

• IC2 - No longer in development. no massive stable builds. Used in every modpack since forever.
  • Flans - Contains stupid amount of bugs, bad multiplayer support
  • RP2 - No longer developed. Used in every modpack since forever
  • Minechem - haven't heard of this one, so i couldnt actually comment on it
  • TE - Used in every modpack since forever

There's three mods on your suggestion list that have been burned into the ground. One of those not being the most stable thing in the world, and another mod still being buggy to all hell (Flans, btw, has laggy planes, tanks, jeeps, etc, only thing worthwhile is the guns, and even then theres still crashing problems with those and the modification table). The only one on that is worth on that list is Minechem, and honestly, I'm surprised I haven't heard of it considering what it is.

Edited by Kalbintion

http://www.minechemmod.com/

even though some mods are no longer in development, there are still good replacement mods and IC2 is still compatible with minecraft 1.5 and I am quite sure with 1.6 as well. Also I played on a server with Flan's gun mod and it works perfectly fine, creates no lag and works very well with multiplayer. Yes, Flan's Vehicle mod may have a bit of lag but it isn't that bad, you might have to sacrifice some computer memory but it's worth it. You can also easily get optifine for the slower computer so in this case, there is no downside.

Edited by francisco0002

Interestingly I've made a custom 1.7.10 voltz style server. Which has IC2 1.7.10 which is in development, and mekanism. Its a cross breed of Voltz 2 & 3. Although still missing ICBM which has been abandoned. Stability is 100% and is updated every day.

No idea why we still havent had an update for voltz 3 yet seeing as everything is far outdated. Stability is needed desperately before they add any new mods in. But thats unlikely to happen anytime soon if ever.

Then let me go over why the mods you "suggested" are still a no,

• IC2 - No longer in development. no massive stable builds. Used in every modpack since forever.
  • Flans - Contains stupid amount of bugs, bad multiplayer support
  • RP2 - No longer developed. Used in every modpack since forever
  • Minechem - haven't heard of this one, so i couldnt actually comment on it
  • TE - Used in every modpack since forever

There's three mods on your suggestion list that have been burned into the ground. One of those not being the most stable thing in the world, and another mod still being buggy to all hell (Flans, btw, has laggy planes, tanks, jeeps, etc, only thing worthwhile is the guns, and even then theres still crashing problems with those and the modification table). The only one on that is worth on that list is Minechem, and honestly, I'm surprised I haven't heard of it considering what it is.

Interestingly I've made a custom 1.7.10 voltz style server. Which has IC2 1.7.10 which is in development, and mekanism. Its a cross breed of Voltz 2 & 3. Although still missing ICBM which has been abandoned. Stability is 100% and is updated every day.

No idea why we still havent had an update for voltz 3 yet seeing as everything is far outdated. Stability is needed desperately before they add any new mods in. But thats unlikely to happen anytime soon if ever.

oh dayum

The IC2 he is referring to is IC2 Experimental not IC2, which is a fairly poor revamp of IC2 to continue its development and has a lot of bugs of its own and causes many issues within itself. You can read how unstable they even announce it to be on their thread: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=9843

Do you know how this ready to someone who actually knows what voltz was created for?

"This pack created to showcase an alternative to IC2 is pretty fun, but you know what would make it awesome? Adding IC2 to it so we can use IC2 instead of not using IC2!"

Seriously. Voltz was created by calclavia to show off his universal electricity core and the mods that have been built using it, which as you can see is a well rounded and fully integrated game experience. The idea was to show what a unified power system could do for the gaming experience, compared to the 3 separate power systems with only one crossover mod that was the norm for BC/RP2/IC2 based modpacks.

You might as well be complaining about the lack of mcdonalds burgers and taco bell burritos at a fine dining restaurant.

Also:

Also, he said that it is 100% stable so your argument is invalid.

100% stable? What did they do, release an empty mod?

So far I have not found any issues with ic2 hence stable on our side. Also if they are showing off their mod then they really should update it with fixes more often than once every few months as currently there's a massive list of issues with voltz 3 right now, the fact that it was released as recommended at one point is a far fetch to it's current state.

It can be a great modpack if it was updated frequently to keep up to date with the mod releases. The big issue they have is that 1.6.x of minecraft is unstable meaning they got more issues getting it perfected running under that version than if they just update to 1.7.x. I've proven that myself. Someone just needs to update ICBM to 1.7.10.

I won't post my modpack on here as I would think it's against rules but so far the only issues I have is with the power suits mod but that's in an early state so I expect it to be unstable.

IC2 is practically useless. Except for UU matter, voltz already covers all of its functionality. And as they said above, IC2 is very unstable. To be honest, the only mod I would add is mekanism. Possibly flan's mod. But other than that the pack is fine. (unstable and needs to be seriously updated...) but fine.

Also minechem, thermal expansion, and project red (continuation of red power 2) are all in the latest version of voltz.

Edited by ImCoolYeah105