Can someone tell me how to delete Monoliths from Demensional Doors?

Sweet_Tooth_RAF

I tried opening the mod and just finding the mob file and deleting it but the game wont start then. So can someone tell me how to delete Monoliths completely so I can just stroll around Dimensional Doors without those creepy £***'s creeping up on me with impending doom with that £*****y creepy noise that will eventually send me to bloody Limbo? I hate them.

Best bet is to open the DimDoors.cfg and change the monoliths entity ID to 0.

I:"Monolith Entity ID"=72

That would be the line you're looking for (72 is from the hexxit config files, its value may be different)

Please note that doing this can cause log spam.

Okay I did that, went back into a portal in creative to test and they're still there. HOWEVER most just keep their "eyes" closed and as I'm typing this reply now I am floating between 5 of them with all their "eyes" wide open and shaking tremendously with Endermen particles all around but no teleportation to Limbo, so I guess that is a success. Still no teleportation after typing all this. Thanks  :D

Best bet is to open the DimDoors.cfg and change the monoliths entity ID to 0.

I:"Monolith Entity ID"=72

That would be the line you're looking for (72 is from the hexxit config files, its value may be different)

Please note that doing this can cause log spam.

Okay I did that, went back into a portal in and they're still there and they still teleport me.

Interesting, setting it to 0 shouldve stopped them from properly spawning entirely and all previous ones shouldve been removed due to them no longer having the right ID (as 0 isnt a proper entity id that should be permitted by the game) - you can try -1 and the such, but negative numbers may crash the game (as negative numbers are generally not permitted in any type of array situation like IDs are)

I found a way to stop them from teleporting me by searching more through the cfg file and changed monolith teleport to false and changed their spawn chance in Limbo to 0, but theres no way to remove them from existence with my ultra noob skills ( I also changed the Limbo sun and moon from being giant Monoliths to being the word "Bollocks" with Paint.NET), however the change I made did make Limbo a lot less hostile and you put me on the right track so thanks, and sorry for the poor forum posting.