IDConflicts with Forestry

spaceship9000

I've tried adding the Forestry mod to tekkit by dragging the forestry jar file into the mods folder, but whenever I launch the tekkit main modpack I get an IDConflicts error, so when I check it this is what shows up in the .txt file, does anyone know how to fix this?

#Blocks
4086: for.mail from Forestry - block.walrus from extracells
4087: for.factory2 from Forestry - block.certustank from extracells
4088: for.engine from Forestry - block.fluid.transitionplane from extracells
4089: for.pods from Forestry - block.fluid.terminal from extracells
4090: for.fences2 from Forestry - block.fluid.bus.storage from extracells
4091: for.planks2 from Forestry - block.fluid.bus.export from extracells
4092: for.log7 from Forestry - block.fluid.bus.import from extracells
4093: for.log6 from Forestry - block.hardmedrive from extracells
4094: for.apiculture from Forestry - block.mebattery from extracells
4095: for.core from Forestry - extrautils:decorativeBlock2 from ExtraUtilities
Suggested Ranges: 2530-2998 (469 IDs), 3401-3767 (367 IDs), 1764-1979 (216 IDs)

Since adding Forestry technically turns your Tekkit into a custom modpack, you probably should have posted this in the Platform Pagoda section. I'll help you out anyway since there's really not much to it, but posting in the wrong section is heavily frowned upon around here, so keep that in mind.

Anyway, you just have to change some of Forestry's block ID numbers since they're already used by other mods (Extra Cells and Extra Utilities, in this case). The IDConflicts file makes this easy for you by suggesting unused IDs at the end ("Suggested Ranges"). So, open the Forestry config file (config/forestry/base.conf) which contains the ID infos and find those blocks listed in the error log, then change their number to something else within the suggested free ID ranges.

For example, change "I:mail=4086" to "I:mail=2530", "I:factory2=4087" to "I:factory=2531", "I:engine=4088" to "I:engine=2532" and so on until there are no more conflicts. Simple as that. If you're running a server, keep in mind that you'll have change the config file for both the client and the server.

Since adding Forestry technically turns your Tekkit into a custom modpack, you probably should have posted this in the Platform Pagoda section. I'll help you out anyway since there's really not much to it, but posting in the wrong section is heavily frowned upon around here, so keep that in mind.

Anyway, you just have to change some of Forestry's block ID numbers since they're already used by other mods (Extra Cells and Extra Utilities, in this case). The IDConflicts file makes this easy for you by suggesting unused IDs at the end ("Suggested Ranges"). So, open the Forestry config file (config/forestry/base.conf) which contains the ID infos and find those blocks listed in the error log, then change their number to something else within the suggested free ID ranges.

For example, change "I:mail=4086" to "I:mail=2530", "I:factory2=4087" to "I:factory=2531", "I:engine=4088" to "I:engine=2532" and so on until there are no more conflicts. Simple as that. If you're running a server, keep in mind that you'll have change the config file for both the client and the server.

Thanks for the help, it worked. Second, sorry if it was in the wrong section, I'm not use to the technicpack forums.