Digitize me Captain! - Clean, Tronic inspired, very WIP, not as tronic as tronic

Captain Man

32x

http://www.mediafire.com/?jj7766no4q7l8wk

A fulfilled promise to my Techineer brethren and sisterhren. A while back there was talk about making Tronic work for Technic, and I mentioned I was working on a pack. Well, I've finally gotten enough done in the pack that I myself find it tolerable to play with, it won't be that often you see a texture pop out and not match. What I'm getting at is most of the world blocks are done and a good bit of the items. There is still very very much to be done.

PICS OR NO DL, LOSER! (Honestly, I don't blame you guys one bit.)

I made an imgur album, a friend told me it's good for uploading images because you don't need an account. If you guys don't like that site, let me know.

http://imgur.com/a/NVdJX#14 <-- That will show you the whole album, below are a few of the ones I think give the best impression of the pack.

[img width=800]

[img width=800]

NOTE: I uploaded this and forgot to take out the custom portal and fire, they are not my textures, I forget where they came from, some Tronic remix I believe.

Details:

Clean blocks!

Hexagons, hexagons everywhere!

Most natural blocks are either hexagons or a series of squares (1 square, 4 squares, 16, or 64. Sand for example is 64 squares because it's a very finely ground substance)

Informative GUIs!

Not a lot of stuff done!

I work on this fairly often, but I'm slow.

What's done, loser? Anything?

Vanilla tools, vanilla ores, some mod ores, actually most vanilla terrain.png is done, most of the things you see on a "daily basis" in minecraft is done. The items aren't done, I didn't feel like doing some of them yet. Enough is done to get a good feel of what the pack is going to be like.

Current Mod Support?

-A very tiny amount of IC2

Planned Mod Support?

-All of Technic (minus millenaire and better dungeons perhaps). I stopped using technic myself because I got tired of waiting for the 1.2.5 rec. build but at the same time, I love everything about the Technic pack and I love these forums

This sucks! I hate it!

Tell me why then, even if it's just an opinion and you just don't like this style pack.

Sorry about that, I thought I'd be able to add those picture much sooner, like three hours after the post. Oh well... So, yeah. I put in some pictures and a link to an album with some more pictures, I didn't want the post to be a trillion miles long. This is very WIP. Very! So, the obligatory warnings and stuff apply, some things are subject to change, certain things might look ugly (Tell me if they do, but I may already know but still, just in case), there's still loads of stuff to do, especially if this is to truly be Technic compatible.

Thanks guys, you're the best.

• Forum Administrators

Nope. You show, then I might download. Otherwise, no download at all.

Not directed at you, but just a friendly reminder. Lets not ever say 'no pix no clicks' otherwise I might go ballistic! Just sayin!

Not directed at you, but just a friendly reminder. Lets not ever say 'no pix no clicks' otherwise I might go ballistic! Just sayin!

Can do. What about "Pics or GTFO" ? ;)

I did end up downloading the pack. :P

I guess I'm just not really used to texture packs. It was neat, though it felt a bit too bright. Of course, this may have been my setup. I did like the progress bar animation for the block breaking effect.

I love the idea. The Clean blocks, Hexagons everywhere, undershadows to add the illusion of depth. That's all good. The Blocks I Love. The Items, not so much. And the colors all seem so washed out, They are all bland and not vibrant. Still, I'm interested to see where this ends up. Keep it up!

I am not too fond of the trees, everything else is spot on.

Maybe for the leaf blocks you use a hexagonal pattern? Just a suggestion.

The tree trunks or the tree leaves? Hex for the leaves is actually a really good idea!

I guess I'm just not really used to texture packs. It was neat, though it felt a bit too bright. Of course, this may have been my setup. I did like the progress bar animation for the block breaking effect.

Yeah, it is really bright. It's tough because I like darker packs, my favorite being Isabella which is very grey, not always in color but in feeling, and this pack feels so bright. You should see my original set of textures, everything was so bright it looked down right derpy. I'm trying to manage the brightness but I think it's going to be a bright pack in the end, but I have thought of making a darker version before I even read this.

The Items, not so much. And the colors all seem so washed out, They are all bland and not vibrant. Still, I'm interested to see where this ends up. Keep it up!

This isn't me trying to defend my work (I'm not an artist, much less a prideful artist, that should be evidenced by the lack of noise and things, but I digress, I think you get my point) but can you give me a couple of specific examples of the items you don't like the textures on that are too washed out? I actually am going to redo the gold a bit I think, I'm always back and forth on if I like it or not, I think all of it is a little too dark. Also, the buckets and bed I'm redoing with out question. The bed looks awful and the buckets are using the old color of Iron I had.

"You might wanna 'check' yourself before you 'wreck' yourself!" You'll be a great tasting kake once the mix is baked, you know that?

Thanks everyone for the comments and praises!

awesome. I love tronic. I'ma get this.

although I'm not a fan of the hexagons.

PS: the latest dev build works great. You might have to add a few mods yourself and you can update to the latest thaumcraft but I've had no crashes.

Well, I think mainly the items I don't like are just all of them in general. They feel like they belong in a 90's freeware game, kind of simple and flat. The colors are pale and single-toned except for the occasional shadow you use. And things like the paints for example are a pile that come to a tip instead of the more natural looking rounded pile. And the seeds you wouldn't want to be so equally spaced because it looks so odd instead of a closer together pile jammed together or a single seed to represent the whole.

Believe me, I'm not an artist at all, you already are able to make things leaps and bounds above the things I can create, so I'm not saying it's bad or anything. Just giving my personal opinion on these things.

(Sorry, I was gone for the weekend which is why I didn't reply till now)

although I'm not a fan of the hexagons.

A longer term goal is to have cubic and hex versions for all textures that I default to hex and some I default to cubic. Some textures I can't see anyone liking being hex, but I think most people would like to see cubic versions, after all, this is that game with the blocks. But, that's long term goal, I'm slow, etc, but your concern was already in my mind and has been noted. Thanks!

90's freeware game, kind of simple and flat. The colors are pale and single-toned except for the occasional shadow you use. And things like the paints for example are a pile that come to a tip instead of the more natural looking rounded pile. And the seeds [...] or a single seed to represent the whole.

[...] I'm not saying it's bad or anything. Just giving my personal opinion on these things.

Hey man, don't fret, I understand it's an opinion an criticism, this is a safe place. Well, not really, but safe in the sense that I won't be offended by your clearly stated opinions and criticisms especially when I ask for that, so, that being said, most of did look like garbage, I am intentionally going for somewhat of a single tone and noiseless look, but they still look like garbage, especially the seeds. I added some antialiasing on most items and it really improved the look a bit so there's that to look forward to, and I have thought about the single seed thing, those seeds just need some love and care. About the piles, I like them coming to a point like that because that's how default MC is, but the dye/paint ones are't piles (the redstone/glowstone kind) by default, most of them are the clay lump shape but flatter, I personally prefer them all in bowls so I know what is a dye but so many mods use them for things other than dyes (BC uses them in modules, still kinda a dye, but, not for wool), I'll keep it in mind though, I'll see if I can make a pile shape that looks pleasing, the pointy ones in the bowls look kind of silly now that you mention it.

If you keep updating this pack I will give you a hairy fat guy blow jlorb

I'm not sure such a great compliment and simultaneously intimidating threat has been given to me, I will take it as a compliment and continue on!

In other news, once I finish some more stuff I'll be releasing Alpha 1 which has a few tweaks and a few more things done. Thanks everyone!

• 2 weeks later...