weird bug

zibafu

So, both on single player and now on a server I have setup for me and my friend.  I am having this weird issue.

I have a tree farm power plant, connected to a small wheat farm, a pulveriser, an igneous extruder, and a lava fabricator.

Most of the time everything runs perfectly, but sometimes I notice the tree farm not harvesting and the wheat farm also not harvesting.  I ahve also now noticed my lava fab not producing lava.  this issue seems to resolve when I relog.  I just had it on my server with my friend, he was in the nether and I relogged, came back and suddenly everything starts working, so its almost like the chunk needed reloading I think.

Any idea of a fix for this, I am running the latest recommended build. 

No long-term fix (outside of maybe a chunk loader system, but even then - iffy itll work perfectly) - the issue is due to the MFR machines for some reason freezing up when another dimension (ie: Nether) is loaded. I havent heard of TE machines freezing though for this reason.

As for an easier fix than relogging, you can break the power supply connected to the harvester and reconnect it to "jump start" the machine. I have to do this all the time, especially if I use a Waypoint to travel around.

That method doesn't work 100% of the time either unless you can find which one it needs to be broken/replaced to cause the system to be alive again. Its a bit hit or miss first time but it is generally faster than relogging (unless of course you have no tools or anything on you, then relogging is faster of course)

That method doesn't work 100% of the time either unless you can find which one it needs to be broken/replaced to cause the system to be alive again. Its a bit hit or miss first time but it is generally faster than relogging (unless of course you have no tools or anything on you, then relogging is faster of course)

Huh, I must be incredibly lucky. Almost every time I unplug/plug in the connected conduit it fixes it.