BigReactors

The_Glaive

I've been waiting around until the next version of tekkit that had a version on minecraft that spawned Blizz so I wouldn't have to spawn in the rods in order to make the gelid cyrotheum for my actively cooled big reactors. But when I look at the mods included in the latest suggested build of tekkit, I dont even see big reactors listed there. 

So... Does this version of tekkit have blizz that spawn? Is big reactors still in the pack?

You must have overlooked it. BigReactors is still in the pack, and has been for quite a while. Make sure you are looking at Tekkit, not Tekkit Classic or Tekkit Lite, which are entirely different (and severely outdated) modpacks.

Blizzes are from Thermal Expansion, as is Gelid Cryotheum, which requires Blizz Rods (more precisely: Blizz Powder) as part of its crafting recipe. BigReactors updated a few versions back to support Cryotheum as the top-level coolant, and has worked fine with that ever since. Resonant Ender is almost as good, though.

The issue you may refer to is the extreme rarity of Blizzes. They are supposed to spawn in Taiga biomes (and Ice Plains, which I never even saw so far). The thing is, they are so rare that they might as well not be in the game. To this day, I have not seen a single one, and don't ask me how many game hours that was. Once, even my home was located in a Taiga biome and no Blizz would ever show up.

So, how to obtain Blizz Powder anyway? A Peaceful Table can grind the rods for you if you locate it in a Taiga biome and set the gamemode to peaceful. It won't drop many, but they will be there.

Alternatively, you can just put snowballs in a Fluid Transposer and pipe in Destabilized Redstone. I daresay that 99% of all Blizz Powder is generated that way, because those damn mobs are so rare.

Edited by Curunir

The thing is, they are so rare that they might as well not be in the game. To this day, I have not seen a single one, and don't ask me how many game hours that was.

Looks like I invoked some powerful magicks here. When I returned to the Mystcraft Age I use for quarrying just now, I ran across a Blizz after all. It spawned in an Icy Hills biome, a landscape dominated by trees made from transparent ice blocks. I have never seen that in the Overworld.