Let's Test Hexxit for Minecraft 1.7.10!

Skuli

• Moderators

Stop bumping. If nobody has replied yet you can use the Edit button instead.

This thread might get locked, since Skuli has stopped developing the pack and Iskandar, the new guy, will start from scratch.

Stop bumping. If nobody has replied yet you can use the Edit button instead.

This thread might get locked, since Skuli has stopped developing the pack and Iskandar, the new guy, will start from scratch.

Hi there, I wasnt bumping, if you see I actually answered a couple of my questions and explained the fixes for them. The other two posts are unrelated those those posts. So I am not sure what I am bumping hun.

Should I be posting these somewhere else?

Thanks

posting 4 times in a row when nobody has replied yet, is bumping.

I'm usually forgiving when someone double-post, but not quadruple. It doesn't matter if they are related or unrelated, we do have that Edit button in there for a reason

Ok hun will do! Thank you!

Edited by CherryHotaling

• Moderators

posting 4 times in a row when nobody has replied yet, is bumping.

I'm usually forgiving when someone double-post, but not quadruple. It doesn't matter if they are related or unrelated, we do have that Edit button in there for a reason

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the more or less complete list. I've been unable to secure permissions for Atum and Legend Gear 2, however Legend Gear will be coming back as soon as I can. Poor Ores is out, Epic Siege mod is in, and Ruins is coming soon.

While I don't have an ETA (beyond Soontm) most of my side of things is done. There is some launcher work to be done as well as artwork and stuff. Most of the reports I am getting back now are mostly positive and I am really happy with how the pack is progressing. That said, I expect the sudden influx of several thousand people to find new and interesting ways to break things. Still, given enough time to mature and people willing to give it a chance I think it will stack up nicely against the original Hexxit. Not better, necessarily, but just as good in its own way.

I'm really excited, and more than a bit scared, to see what you guys think.

Edited by Iskandar

thanks for the list its just that i really want to get a perspective of this new direction that iskandar is taking, especially since he has created some other mod packs such as crashlanding and also for the fact that other versions of hexxit are coming out since people are saying the new version does not feel like the old hexxit.

Here is the more or less complete list. I've been unable to secure permissions for Atum and Legend Gear 2, however Legend Gear will be coming back as soon as I can. Poor Ores is out, Epic Siege mod is in, and Ruins is coming soon.

While I don't have an ETA (beyond Soontm) most of my side of things is done. There is some launcher work to be done as well as artwork and stuff. Most of the reports I am getting back now are mostly positive and I am really happy with how the pack is progressing. That said, I expect the sudden influx of several thousand people to find new and interesting ways to break things. Still, given enough time to mature and people willing to give it a chance I think it will stack up nicely against the original Hexxit. Not better, necessarily, but just as good in its own way.

Were you unable to get Mine and Blade: battle gear 2  or did you just decide that it didn't belong XD? Was just curious, I thought it worked really well with the dual wielding, and I liked the shields better than the Azgard shield mod from Hexxit 1.0.0.10. Just a Suggestion though, I think you're lineup looks really good otherwise :D

um iskandr i know this might be a controversial topic but can you add optifine to this because some people have really slow computers and cant afford to run really big modpacks

No, Optifine will never be included by default. While it does help some people, it can actually harm performance for others and it doesn't always play nice with Forge, causing rendering issues.

Plus, Optifine won't really help you too much here. Much of the load comes not from rendering but from procedural generation and chunk loading. As such what you need is FastCraft, which I'd highly recommend for any pack tbh. And, before you ask, I won't be including it either. Not because I don't want to, I would if I could. I just can't secure permissions the way Player has set them up.

Were you unable to get Mine and Blade: battle gear 2  or did you just decide that it didn't belong XD? Was just curious, I thought it worked really well with the dual wielding, and I liked the shields better than the Azgard shield mod from Hexxit 1.0.0.10. Just a Suggestion though, I think you're lineup looks really good otherwise :D

It had issues with mod weapons, specifically TiCo and Quiver Bow. plus, as a personal thing, I wasn't fond of it.

Edited by Iskandar

The official 1.0 release of chocolate quest is out. I noticed you have the beta2 version. The updated version has some neat little npc areas that spawn with people you can talk and trade with.

The official 1.0 release of chocolate quest is out. I noticed you have the beta2 version. The updated version has some neat little npc areas that spawn with people you can talk and trade with.

Yeah, already done. Ignore the version numbers on that list. Again, that list was from a few weeks back, I've updated things since.

Hey Iskandar, why is More Bows not in the modpack? I think that somebody actually updated it to 1.7.10

Because I have Quiver Bow instead. Approaching 40 different ranged weapons randing from the silly to the holy crap is that a bit OP. Oh, and he just added a turret. A turret that you can a) make follow you around as a sidekick or B) ride like you would a mecha.

Iskandar,

Iskandar,

Let me know if you need help with the artwork.  I'd be happy to help.  

Dear Iskandr,

i saw the post that you put up on the modding news thread. i do not know if you are quitting or not but if you are please don't. after seeing the mod list i thought that it would just be sad for you to quit because this new version of hexxit 2.0 seems a lot more better than the one that the last creator of the mod pack (no offense to the last creator only that the world did not really fit in with what you usually see in hexxit) Many people may not like it but that is only because people do not like to see hexxit become harder(like other mod-packs as they progressed such as crazycraft) but with the difficulty of the game increasing comes all of these new things in hexxit that we imagined would be in the new version. please do not quit. it seems that you are the only person who knows how to make hexxit better.

Hi, I hope you read this, I have a request to add for hexxit, I would like to know if you guys could add more magic based mod, I feel hexxit is lacking an essence of magic. Ive played on a hexxit server for a week i defeated all dungeons and got the hexxit armor... It needs to be more challenging. I looked at the hexxit mods and I feel its more rpg than magic and It needs a balance of Both to make it better, I was expecting for instance Blood Magic which is very popular but it was lacking it, Ars Magica 2? Hell even add a chess sorting system, Ae is to techy so to keep the magic field I would suggest project red because its easier. Ill give you mods I think should be added, Blood Magic, Ars Magica 2, Dragon Mounts( Most importantly I think people would love dragon mounts) Thaum Craft even and to keep the peace add Mine factory reloaded so we can make naga spawners and stuff. It needs more magic in my opinion. Sorry for the long message but I feel it needs more magic its just rpg

I'm going to lock this thread.  My Hexxit beta build has long been superseded by the pack Iskandar as put together, and this thread serves little purpose now.

Feel free to play the currently available 1.7.10 beta that I put together, but know that it's a dead-end.  Likewise feel free to discuss any topics from this thread in the main Hexxit if need be, lest this be interpreted as some sort of censorship.

A new beta thread will be created once public testing is again opened for the new builds.