Let's Test Hexxit for Minecraft 1.7.10!

Skuli

True but the vanilla bug makes it a lot bigger to the point where the client is freezing with an not responding massage (not only lagging). Fastcraft is the number one mod avoiding this. It's recommended in ATLauncher 1.7.10 packs and in FTB. They avoid the license trouble by opening the download site and making the user to download it.

If you don't believe me here's the Buildcraft co-maintainer (asiekierka) on the issue answering on the chunk loading issues.

Edit: Prerendering can be achieved with ProfMobius mod.. whait, where did I see it...oh, here it is.

You can download it. Run the needed command, wait for the chunks to generate and then remove the mod.

Edit2: All this is known for months in competing launchers (AT and FTB). It's the base of making a 1.7.10 pack.

Pssst: some 3rd party 1.7.10 packs here also use it.

Edited by bochen415

Yes.

It uses a fake player to "visit" all the chunks. If it will need permissions just Open the game to LAN and enable cheats for a minute.

Edit: IDK if this needs OP on servers.

Edited by bochen415

Hello,

I have some Suggestions:

Since the 1.7.10 seems to be remade from Scratch, meaning that importing old world saves isn't necessary, I would like to suggest you some awesome Mods to add to the atmosphere:

• Primitive Mobs: awesome new Mobs, all Vanilla-ish
  •  Mo' Creatures: pretty popular, you should know what this does ;)
  • Smeltable Gravel: Makes Gravel give Flints by Smelting
  • Ropes Plus: Should definitely be kept :D
  • NetherOres: spawns Vanilla Ores in the Nether
  • Mutant Creatures: To add to the Awesomeness of Hexxit epic Bossfights :D
  • Minions: Evil Slaves that help you mine
  • Mo' Zombies: Mo' Zombies!!
  • HopperDucts: Just random Addition
  • Archimedes Ships: Just epic :)
  • Farlanders: some more Diversity to the Worl

I have tried all this Mods with their 1.5.2 version on a Hexxit Server, and everyone found them an awesome Addition, mostly Primitive Mobs, Mutant Creatures, Minions and Mo' Creatures :D

Hello,

I have some Suggestions:

Since the 1.7.10 seems to be remade from Scratch, meaning that importing old world saves isn't necessary, I would like to suggest you some awesome Mods to add to the atmosphere:

• Primitive Mobs: awesome new Mobs, all Vanilla-ish
  •  Mo' Creatures: pretty popular, you should know what this does ;)
  • Smeltable Gravel: Makes Gravel give Flints by Smelting
  • Ropes Plus: Should definitely be kept :D
  • NetherOres: spawns Vanilla Ores in the Nether
  • Mutant Creatures: To add to the Awesomeness of Hexxit epic Bossfights :D
  • Minions: Evil Slaves that help you mine
  • Mo' Zombies: Mo' Zombies!!
  • HopperDucts: Just random Addition
  • Archimedes Ships: Just epic :)
  • Farlanders: some more Diversity to the Worl

I have tried all this Mods with their 1.5.2 version on a Hexxit Server, and everyone found them an awesome Addition, mostly Primitive Mobs, Mutant Creatures, Minions and Mo' Creatures :D

OoooooOOOoooo, thanks for that list, I haven't seen a couple of those before.

That being said, as awesome as mo' creatures is, the mod author states specifically that it's not allowed in modpacks and not to message him about it. :-/

OoooooOOOoooo, thanks for that list, I haven't seen a couple of those before.

That being said, as awesome as mo' creatures is, the mod author states specifically that it's not allowed in modpacks and not to message him about it. :-/

I think HE will think about it if the Hexxit-makers mail him (;

• Moderators

there seems to be 2 different iron ores, despite the two looking the same and having the same name they wont stack together.

can someone else confirm this?

edit. I think I see the issue now, it's Artifice. If you mine iron ore from an artifice world gen block, you get a different stack of iron ore.

Edited by Munaus

there seems to be 2 different iron ores, despite the two looking the same and having the same name they wont stack together.

can someone else confirm this?

edit. I think I see the issue now, it's Artifice. If you mine iron ore from an artifice world gen block, you get a different stack of iron ore.

I'm having the same issue. It's not just iron, it seems to be any ore. I hadn't figured out that it was Artifice, though. That would make sense.

I'm having a problem I just can't seem to understand, so hopefully someone might be able to help me. Whenever I try to play the latest version of Hexxit it acts as normal, loading stuff and all that, but then the launcher goes away then just comes back. It won't start at all. I even went so far as to completely remove all technic files from my computer and re-install everything, but I still can't get it to play. Does anyone have an answer to my problem or is there somewhere else I should be asking? Thank you in advance for any help. :)

I'm having a problem I just can't seem to understand, so hopefully someone might be able to help me. Whenever I try to play the latest version of Hexxit it acts as normal, loading stuff and all that, but then the launcher goes away then just comes back. It won't start at all. I even went so far as to completely remove all technic files from my computer and re-install everything, but I still can't get it to play. Does anyone have an answer to my problem or is there somewhere else I should be asking? Thank you in advance for any help. :)

Try installing Java 1.7 (71 or whatever subversion).  My buddy had the same problem launching until he replaced Java 1.8 with 1.7

I can confirm the duplicate ores.  They exist for the gravel ores as well--iron, aluminum, gold, tin, etc.

The server seems to crash if I leave it running overnight.

Also, in my current world I can't fire a bow made with tinkers construct.  I created a new server and cheated a bow and it works, so I'm trying to figure out it it's my class or something else.  I made the exact same type of bow and arrows so I know it's not a particular material type.

I can confirm the duplicate ores.  They exist for the gravel ores as well--iron, aluminum, gold, tin, etc.

The server seems to crash if I leave it running overnight.

Also, in my current world I can't fire a bow made with tinkers construct.  I created a new server and cheated a bow and it works, so I'm trying to figure out it it's my class or something else.  I made the exact same type of bow and arrows so I know it's not a particular material type.

It appears to be the "Warrior" class (at the least) that renders the tinkers bows inoperable.  I suspect it's any class with points added to "Archery." =

WORKAROUND: If I fire a normal bow and then go back to the tinkers bow it seems to work.

Edited by alaris

Which java are you running, and how much ram did you set to be used? I had to update the Ram to 3 from 2 gb to get it running.

I'm using 1.8 and 4 out of 8 gb of ram.

Try installing Java 1.7 (71 or whatever subversion).  My buddy had the same problem launching until he replaced Java 1.8 with 1.7

I'll do that and see how it goes.

It appears to be the "Warrior" class (at the least) that renders the tinkers bows inoperable.  I suspect it's any class with points added to "Archery." =

WORKAROUND: If I fire a normal bow and then go back to the tinkers bow it seems to work.  You may have to keep a normal bow and arrows in your inventory along with the tinkers bow and arrows to fire the tinkers.

Oops.  I meant to edit - not reply:

WORKAROUND: If I fire a normal bow and then go back to the tinkers bow it seems to work.  You may have to keep a normal bow and arrows in your inventory along with the tinkers bow and arrows to fire the tinkers.

Edited by alaris

Has mineral generation changed in this version over Hexxit 1.5.2?  Seems there's less ores to mine.  I compared World.cfg and they're the same.

Not sure if I've missed the config file that takes care of this...

Ore generation is being handled by CoFH core (or should be anyway). Check it's configuration. I haven't updated to the newest beta version yet so I couldn't tell you myself if it's working as intended.