Let's Test Hexxit for Minecraft 1.7.10!

Skuli

• Moderators

Posting links to 9minecraft.com is wrong.

1. Curse.com
  2. minecraftforum.net
  3. or github.com

These are the sites that mod developers upload their mods. Download mods from anywhere else and you wont only get bad copies but also possible malware on your PC

Been following this post since it was started. Any new news on a recommended release date? Also, am I correct in assuming that I will need to reset my server map to incorporate this update into my server?

THE INCLUSION OF EBXL DOES MEAN A WORLD RESET IS RECOMMENDED!

I never realised Lycanites Mobs was in Hexxit 3! I'm the mod dev behind the mod. I'm always open for feedback and if there's anything I can do to improve things with Hexxit I'd be happy to do so (within reason lol).

I understand that some people don't agree with the art style of the mod, however it's something a lot of people like too so I wont be changing that, however, the models do support resource packs I think so if anyone wanted to 'blockify' the models, in theory it could be made into a resource pack.

Anyways as for difficulty, I've made the mod highly configurable so weakening the mobs should be quite easy, their spawning is also highly configurable. Some mobs like the elementals can be quite surprising but they do have their weaknesses, for instance the Geonach from ores are very weak to pickaxes.

Anyways it's awesome to see my mod make it into Hexxit, though if it's removed I wont take offense to that too as the mod isn't subtle at all lol!

My Twitter is the best place to contact me too: @Lycanite05

Edited by Lycanite

Today i got an update notification for a newer version of Hexxit (3.0.0c). I was really ecxited to test this pack. After i start the game, my client closed for no reason. It didnt tell me any errors or something. It just closed my client. :(

Edit: Okay. I copied the game into MultiMC and it starts without any Problems. Weird.

Edited by Orbitghost

I Love Hexxit 3.0 so much, 

There are not much things that i want to be changed, because it is awesome!

But here are my things that i would love to be changed :).

- I like the difficulty which is in here, but the Lava mobs are spawning in the Overworld is a REAL big problem, villages with a blacksmith are often burned down in a second just because one of these firemobs are shoting fireballs at you! This gets even worse if there are lavaseas somewhere and the big dudes come to the overworld, i lost like two BIG forrests because of that and had to make it rain and do creativ stuff to prevent my server from crashing.... 
My solution for that would be to prevent them from spawning in the overworld! The Modauthor (if he is real) (and i think so) said it is highly confgurable, maybe it is possibil.

- Than, i want better loot at Dungeons, and thats a real problem, Hexxit was always like, LOOK AT THIS AWESOME LOOT, i miss this feeling while looting dungeons, i mean for real...
i do not know how to do that but if it is just put id's in some config, i would even help in the bit of speare time i have at the moment to bring this back to hexxit!

- than the Warp book, I LOVE IT, but it is way to cheap in my opinion, should be a bit more special recipe or so...

- Some one said Chocobos are updated! We need them!

- and than, some of the Dungeons are spawning sometimes everywhere for example the little dungeon thing which hase a dubble chest in it and some string trap which shoots arrows at you? There were three of it in one biome, i do not know if this is wanted, if so ok ;)

- little things: way too much flying mobs some times!, Some times there are no vanilla mobs spawning for days... and the pharaos are everywhere, litteraly, i often have to reset the mobs by seting on peacfull for some moments, because it is impossibel to cross the dessert!

Edited by Medusalem

I would love to have all the item ids matched with the 1.5.2 Hexxit. I tried to load an old world and some blocks turned into completely different ones.

I'm sure it won't be all too possible even with the same IDs, as there are way too many changes. It'll make the World in itself unstable for the improved Modpack.

I would love to have all the item ids matched with the 1.5.2 Hexxit. I tried to load an old world and some blocks turned into completely different ones.

I don't think that's ever going to happen. The old version of minecraft used item IDs. The newer version uses item NAMES. It's actually why some modes are taking so long to update because they use building schematics to generate stuff and they are having to convert all their schematics from IDs to names. So basically instead of (making up this number here) clay being: 92. And that's it. It is now: minecraft:clay.

Found some Bugs,

Enchanting plus is not obtainable, it shows the standart enchanting menu, Problem with my server or someone else noticed this?

Plus, some blogs are not crafteable, for example sakura or cherry bookshelfes..

Maybe this is fixable...

Greetings from Europa,

Medusalem

I don't think that's ever going to happen. The old version of minecraft used item IDs. The newer version uses item NAMES. It's actually why some modes are taking so long to update because they use building schematics to generate stuff and they are having to convert all their schematics from IDs to names. So basically instead of (making up this number here) clay being: 92. And that's it. It is now: minecraft:clay.

There has to be some way though because I loaded a large 10gb world and it did load but many of the blocks turned into twilightforest glowy stuff suggesting that there's a normal converting mechanism in place.

Edited by BAILEY16

• Moderators

I never realised Lycanites Mobs was in Hexxit 3! I'm the mod dev behind the mod. I'm always open for feedback and if there's anything I can do to improve things with Hexxit I'd be happy to do so (within reason lol).

I quite like the challenge your mod offers in the game. I also like the mob drops, being able to shoot the same blob of lava or ice feels rewarding and gives a nice alternative for archery.

I keep having issues where my game will break if I try to use a ropes+ arrow :/

always post a log, we can't see what happened without a log.

logs can be found when clicking the Cog-Wheel button on the top right corner on the launcher window.

If you can't open the launcher the logs can also be found inside %appdata% -> Roaming -> .technic -> logs

Paste the content on pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and give the link.

Greetings from Europa,

Medusalem

Medusalem, please stop signing your name on your post. It's not necessary and shows you never read our Forum Rules