Let's Test Hexxit for Minecraft 1.7.10!

Skuli

• Moderators

I keep getting this error from the Technic Launcher.. any ideas?  I do have internet connectivity.

Post your issue on the Tracker, follow the Rules and Guidelines.

I am now getting the same issue after trying to uninstall/reinstall my hexxit...

same goes for you; post on the Tracker

Edited by Munaus

Thanks Munaus.  Wasnt sure if it was an actual issue or an error on my part when I first posted.  

I ended up just pulling the appropriate files from my server and was able to get it working that way.

I do have a question though..  the server has 3 gig, hosted, but it seems laggy as hell.  Freezes pretty frequently, crashed once or twice.  Is this the performance you are all seeing multiplayer?  If not I may try another host out to see if I can get some improvement.

I used to love Hexxit, but not anymore. Almost all of what has been added I hate, and I miss nearly everything that was taken away. Hexxit used to have a perfect balance of the simplicity of vanilla Minecraft, between the complexity of Tekkit. That's what drew me to it so quickly, it wasn't too complex, and it held adventure and dungeoneering above all! Now, I'm saddened at the directions the game has taken.

In my opinion, 2.0.0 and beyond has done nothing but spit on what was once an amazing modpack. When I saw Hexxit had finally updated, I was exuberant to say the least. However, my heart sank after I was exploring the new content on creative mode.

Mobs that don't even look like they belong in Minecraft, (Lycanites mobs) not to mention these mobs spawn in juxtaposed areas, like demon mobs in a castle fort?

Zelda Sword Skills nearly made me cry. What a horrible addition for Hexxit.

And why? Why take out Legend Gear, More Bows! Immibis Microblocks, and Asgard Shields?

I could write a five page paper on how Hexxit has destroyed itself in 2.0.0 and beyond. You'll never catch me playing any of those updates. It's 1.0.10 for me til I die. It'll be a sad day when any update past 1.0.10 is 'recommended'. If this post gets anyone's attention, and you would like to know more of why I think Hexxit has gone way downhill, let me know. Otherwise, I'll stop here before I make way too long of a post.

However, I will say some things that are good additions... Dynamic Lights, updating the Bibliocraft mod, RopesPlus, Better Archery is nice, and Ancient Warfare(maybe, seemed kind of buggy to me) Those are some great additions. But almost everything else sickens me, and everything that was taken away makes me sad.

I know I'm only one guy, but I fell in love with Hexxit once. Now, it has stabbed me in the back. Unless some serious changes happen, I'll only play 1.0.10

Here's a link to a page I posted on the Hexxit Wiki, about my opinions on all of the latest updates 2.0.0 and beyond

http://hexxit.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:If_Hexxit_continues_its_current_path_it_is_doomed

There are still several good 1.5.2 Hexxit servers running...

You can also select which version to play, and roll it back to 1.5.2  and play SP that way.

Pssssst: here's your solution for the 0FPS terrain generating problem in 1.7.10. Take note that when you add this your Hexxit becomes a custom pack without support.

I can assure you that this works 100% and it probably would be included in all 1.7.10 packs if the license was different (Redistribution is strictly prohibited, no exceptions.).

Edit: Those freezes are not mods. This is Mojang at fault here.

Backstory: Mojang ditched Vec3Pool in 1.7.10: that was the biggest error they could make.

THIS was a night and day difference once installed on my server.  Lag dissappeared, 0 freezing so far.  Look for the latest jar in the thread as he doesnt appear to update the main post.

THIS was a night and day difference once installed on my server.  Lag dissappeared, 0 freezing so far.  Look for the latest jar in the thread as he doesnt appear to update the main post.

He will update the main post after some testing. 1.9 is extensively tested. 1.11 just got uploaded and it's mainly for shaders.

Also, look at the "weaponwield" command, it seems to have been added specifically to address this issue; I was able to equip a broadsword by highlighting it in my hotbar and then typing "/weaponwield right".

*edit*

Ah, MB2 seems to not allow weapons with a special right-click ability to dual-wield, which seems to be the issue here.

*/edit*

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by replying to this so late, but I had a question: I'm not an expert at command blocks (or commands in general, to be honest), but would it be possible to create command blocks that input the "/weaponwield" command for all players and TC weapon types at the start, or would we just have to bite the bullet and manually do it for each weapon type (Cutlass, rapier, broadsword, etc)? I say "weapon TYPE" because even if you, for example, allow this for a cobalt rapier ,it appears to apply to all other rapiers. Needless to say I tried the command and it works, but I'm basically trying to find a work-around that does it for all players in the world, rather than them all having to input the command for every weapon or weapon type from TC. Just a theory that maybe someone experienced like yourself would be able to pull off.

*edit* for what it's worth, I found out that (/weaponwield current both @p) seems to work. I haven't tried it in a command block though. I just got 1 of each weapon type in my hotbar and applied the above code

Edited by NikkeiZX

I used to love Hexxit, but not anymore. Almost all of what has been added I hate, and I miss nearly everything that was taken away. Hexxit used to have a perfect balance of the simplicity of vanilla Minecraft, between the complexity of Tekkit. That's what drew me to it so quickly, it wasn't too complex, and it held adventure and dungeoneering above all! Now, I'm saddened at the directions the game has taken.

In my opinion, 2.0.0 and beyond has done nothing but spit on what was once an amazing modpack. When I saw Hexxit had finally updated, I was exuberant to say the least. However, my heart sank after I was exploring the new content on creative mode.

Mobs that don't even look like they belong in Minecraft, (Lycanites mobs) not to mention these mobs spawn in juxtaposed areas, like demon mobs in a castle fort?

Zelda Sword Skills nearly made me cry. What a horrible addition for Hexxit.

And why? Why take out Legend Gear, More Bows! Immibis Microblocks, and Asgard Shields?

I could write a five page paper on how Hexxit has destroyed itself in 2.0.0 and beyond. You'll never catch me playing any of those updates. It's 1.0.10 for me til I die. It'll be a sad day when any update past 1.0.10 is 'recommended'. If this post gets anyone's attention, and you would like to know more of why I think Hexxit has gone way downhill, let me know. Otherwise, I'll stop here before I make way too long of a post.

However, I will say some things that are good additions... Dynamic Lights, updating the Bibliocraft mod, RopesPlus, Better Archery is nice, and Ancient Warfare(maybe, seemed kind of buggy to me) Those are some great additions. But almost everything else sickens me, and everything that was taken away makes me sad.

I know I'm only one guy, but I fell in love with Hexxit once. Now, it has stabbed me in the back. Unless some serious changes happen, I'll only play 1.0.10

Here's a link to a page I posted on the Hexxit Wiki, about my opinions on all of the latest updates 2.0.0 and beyond

http://hexxit.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:If_Hexxit_continues_its_current_path_it_is_doomed

uhhh maybe you know this by now, but do realize that mods like Asguard and legend gear got excluded because they stopped being updated to newer MC versions....... in terms of Legendgear though, It's back as "Legend gear 2" (for 1.7.10) because the creator finally updated it. and to kinda make up for Asguard, there's Battle Gear 2, which let's you dual wield almost anything. In fact,  if i'm not mistaken, it's the only mod that does let you dual wield. and if you can get it to work with T-construct weapons, the possibilities are nearly endless.... I kinda feel you when it comes to Lycanites, but only because it's kinda buggy and the mods legit kinda creep me out.. and they're OP. But have you seen the weapons/spells you can cast in lycanites? They're pretty awesome ,atleast in my opinion... If I could just have the spells/weapons without the actual lycanites monsters, I'd be happy. So If I were you I wouldn't give up on hexxit so quickly. But that's just my opinion. 

Yipe. Thought you said you were gonna "fix" the lycanites spawns. Lobbers and Afrits at ground level? That was scary.

I also can't seem to get /gamerule keepInventory to work. I've edited the Project Zulu config to turn off the graves but my stuff still goes flying when I snuff it.

Edited by Targren

• 2 weeks later...

Bumb too.

Btw: would be nice if you remove the backtools mod from the server files. It says it is just for the client side.

Edited by Guest

4 Tips that seem to help any 1.7.10 mod pack.

1: set the max frame rate slider to limit frame rate to just 60 fps.  This helps with some of the issue with mod custom GUI's not rendering/working properly, and seems to help a little at speeding up chunk loading.  Might not help everyone though.  Haven't tested it in hexxit yet, but it does work for mods, like Open Blocks, that otherwise have very twitchy and/or unresponsive gui interfaces.

2: Make sure Vsync is turned on.  This helps with most of the mod custom GUI issues that tip #1 does not help with.  This also can improve chunk loading slowness a little bit.

Tips 1 and 2 work best when done together...

3: Advanced OpenGL... Issues here as well.  Having this option turned on can cause lag and slow chunk loading while exploring.  Not sure what causes this issue in 1.7.10 modpacks.  Not everyone is effected negatively by using advanced opengl, it's only about 1 in 5 that are.  Everyone else still benefits by using it.

4: Try having at least 3GB of ram allocated for 1.7.10 modpacks.  They tend to be quite power hungry.  The "too much ram allocated can slow down the game" issue does still effect the game though so it is a balancing act.

These are tips and might not help everyone.  But since they are simple video setting changes they are easy to try out.

Yes, I turned in my notice to Technic team a week or so ago.  I don't have the time to do what the packs need, so I have tossed in the towel and they've found another guy to take the reigns.

I have no idea where he's going with his Hexxit, but he's got some impressive credentials, so let's hope for the best!

Yes, I'm taking over. I'm hoping to have an alpha build available sometime soon. I have a preliminary run of mods sort of working together, but I have to go through and pound config issues flat and make sure what I have plays nicely together. I'll make a post sometime soon showing off what I have and making a call for initial testers within a week.

Yes, I'm taking over. I'm hoping to have an alpha build available sometime soon. I have a preliminary run of mods sort of working together, but I have to go through and pound config issues flat and make sure what I have plays nicely together. I'll make a post sometime soon showing off what I have and making a call for initial testers within a week.

Oh very EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would love magica like I been spamming haha but sadly that person is putting a halt on updating anymore.....

Thanks Skuli for the hard work you did put into the update enjoying myself so far

Yes, I turned in my notice to Technic team a week or so ago.  I don't have the time to do what the packs need, so I have tossed in the towel and they've found another guy to take the reigns.

I have no idea where he's going with his Hexxit, but he's got some impressive credentials, so let's hope for the best!

Thank you Skuli!  Iskandar, I look forward to see what changes you make and will definitely help test it out with feedback.

Why you don't take the Hexxit 3.0c Modpack and work it out? 

That's exciting news!  Although I was really interested to see what direction the current Hexxit would take, I trust in your skills to make something awesome.  Especially with regard to world gen.  One question though: will Hexxit 1 be left as-is, then?  Or are there plans to at least stabilize v3 sometime in the future, perhaps after Hexxit 2 is released?

That's exciting news!  Although I was really interested to see what direction the current Hexxit would take, I trust in your skills to make something awesome.  Especially with regard to world gen.  One question though: will Hexxit 1 be left as-is, then?  Or are there plans to at least stabilize v3 sometime in the future, perhaps after Hexxit 2 is released?

I believe his version of Hexxit will replace it