CoreProtect - Perfect AntiGrief Solution for Tekkit Servers!

clip7510396_220Kb.png

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-admn-coreprotect-v1-35-fast-efficient-block-logging-rollbacks-1-2-5-r1.64297/

Version: 1.60 (October 12, 2012)

Compatible with Tekkit: YES!

This video is now outdated. I suggest using Flatfile instead of SQL. Flatfile tends to be more reliable and easier to use. As SQL database grows larger (>1GB), it will slow down your Server (Low TPS). With flatfile you can do easily /co purge months

You can easily rollback all Tekkit blocks (except pipes and microblocks) and Tekkit explosions caused by Nukes, dynamites, Nuclear explosions.

Made by Intelli

[TIP] In order to log placed blocks you need to apply this patch + Patch for EE mining tools - no more griefing with them! Must have!

http://www.technicpack.net/forums/threads/patch-for-ee-dm-rm-tools-no-more-griefing-with-them.6642/

[TIP] Make a new blacklist.txt file inside of CoreData and add names you would like to ignore logging:

[RedPower]

[buildCraft]

#creeper

#fire

Looks awesome. My test with Hawkeye didn't rollback everything. I'm gonna retry with this plugin now. The only thing is, I don't test with one lousy little nuke. I test with a bunch of them, spread over a few regions. (The badass way... :P) If you wanna test something, do it over-the-top! Best way to test it imho.

Thanks for the tip. I might as well post an update when I am done testing.

UPDATE: So... Here is the update. It totally fucked up the server, trying to recover 12 Nukes. I really had fun with it, because I had still the possibility to fly around and take screen-shots. After that, I restarted the server to see if it did anything. The answer is sweet and simple: It did absolutely nothing AT ALL. I did the same test with HawkEye earlier and at least that plugin did recover about 40% of the damage and didn't fuck up the server so badly.

Good, enough talk... Let's see why it's important not to completely rely on this kind of plug-ins. Rely on making backups often instead! This is the city before the hour of doom: http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq85/ISCAWorx/7f266c8f.png. It's a sweet Industrial city, full of mobs ATM... This is the same city after the detonation: http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq85/ISCAWorx/16b16c97.png. Some really serious griefing going on there! And the last pic shows how minecraft began to respond after I started the rollback process, which I repeat absolutely did nothing at all: http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq85/ISCAWorx/fd17d79b.png. That is just epic. Period.

Well, it turns out that I'm still going to use HawkEye in combination with my automatic backup system.

EDIT2: I was bored, so I thought I give it a second try. This time without MySQL database, because my first try was with. I placed 12 nukes again and this time it did something I really didn't expect! It DID work this time and placed everything back which totally amazes me because it had gone wrong so badly earlier! I checked MySQL, and it had many data in it, so the first time it did write it but I think it didn't receive correctly from the database. Well... I'm stunned, it did place back everything and made some errors with some of the doors and the machinery was facing the wrong way. Other than that, I think I'm gonna keep this one now. I just don't use the database anymore. It is maybe also the reason why HawkEye didn't rollback everything. I have to use an external db for it, because my host doesn't provide me one right now.

I did not expect that my topic will get some attention :)

one thing that is needed. is the abillity to rollback pipes...

Do this plugin do that?...

This plugins detects pipes and rollbacks them aswell as all Tekkit Blocks. It can even rollback whole Quarry construction and holes.

. . .

Did you check my video

between MySQL and Flatfile comparison while running this plugin. I advise to use MySQL if your server has nukes enabled. Flatfile are still optimized very good, logs are saved in different chunks but still not recommended with big explosions (They make a lot of world changes), because it will access same files every time to add new log which will cause like "traffic jam". Even with Nukes@Flatfile, server will finish rollback and logging but it will take more than few hours depending how many nukes you had launched while MySQL will finish much much faster!.

Can you also test, if it rollbacks Griefing caused by EE-Items or the Mining-Laser? Cause these cause severe headake.

Yes it detects Mining-Laser. CoreProtect also tells by who it was fired. You can also disable mining laser in IC2.cfg config --> enableCraftingLaser=false

2012-05-21_22.29.55.png

For EE items you will have to use EE Patch in order to make it compatible with CoreProtect and other plugins like WorldGuard (Regions) and global spawn editing.

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,4645.0.html

CoreData --> config.yml

# Track when an entity changes a block, such as an Enderman destroying blocks.

entity-change: true --> false

Set this to false because if entity-change is set to true, it will generate server errors due to Tekkit. Nothing harmful. Entity-Change tracks Enderman stealing blocks which you can block with WorldGuard.

Only downside of this plugin like any other plugins it generates too much logs because of [buildCraft]. I have already of 800 MiB SQL data in one week. I have stated this to CoreProtect developer. He replied with promise ;)

clipboard_upped.png

Hey. All I just can say that it rolled back in let's say 4 seconds on my server (flatfile) with 12 Nukes. That test does work almost perfect. The only thing it did wrong was plcing double doors and placing things like my generators and such the wrong way. Other than that, everything else was recovered. Even the glass fibre cable I had running through a construction foam wall. But it was the MySQL option what blows my server, seriously... It fucks it up real bad, like you can see in my screenshots. Fortunally, I don't think it will take a few hours like you said. Maybe on your server, not on mine if it takes just 4 secs to recover land blown up by 12 nukes, spread over a fairly large region. I'm glad to use this along with my usual frequently backups, anti-griefing plugins, ETC. It doesn't matter much with survival maps, but I like to create a creative and nice looking world and like to stay it that way. ;) When you see videos from griefing groups on youtube, you know exactly why it is that important.

P.S.: By the way, if your log is 800 MB/s a week, just delete it every week or so IF everything is alright ofcourse. It's just an idea not a solution, I know.

I use just the newest one. (1.35). It is for 1.2.5, but it works just fine in Tekkit. Don't always believe the version numbers on Bukkit dev. Most plugins work fine on different Bukkit versions. It is not like a Minecraft mod, that doesn't work in any other version than the version it's made for.

Guest fondelaar

watch out with realy old plugins though, there were massive changes to bukkit lately. versions below 1.1 will most of the time crash, and some 1.2.5 ones give errors.

• 2 weeks later...

I tested this plugin again yesterday, only this time with a building with also Redpower stuff in it like covers and cables. I've placed 22 Nukes in and around it and boom! No building anymore... It did recover everything, except for the cables and the covers of Redpower! So, beware of this! You better backup often! ;)

when i try to watch your youtube vid, you tube says

"This video is unavailable

This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that.

"

when i try to watch your youtube vid, you tube says

"This video is unavailable

This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that.

"

Are you from germany :D ?

The owner of this post needs to fix this error i really want to use core protect!

Ah... I see what you mean now. :) You don't need this patch anymore for a 3.0.4 server. Skip it, just install Coreprotect and you'll be fine. Just keep in mind that it doesn't recover Redpower panels and stuff like that and it won't restore Redpower cables either. The rest will be restored but things like machines are sometimes facing the wrong way, also keep that in mind. Don't rely fully on plugins like this, backup often!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The plugin logs everything great, but I seem to have run into a problem. Whenever I try to initiate a rollback, it says it scanned the files, but nothing happens afterwards. When I try to run another rollback, it says another rollback is already running. It doesn't fix until a server restart happens.

Any insight?

The plugin logs everything great, but I seem to have run into a problem. Whenever I try to initiate a rollback, it says it scanned the files, but nothing happens afterwards. When I try to run another rollback, it says another rollback is already running. It doesn't fix until a server restart happens.

Any insight?

I dislike this plugin. It may rollback a little better than LogBlock but it takes 10x longer to track down grief and can't do selection-based rollbacks.