What to edit???

gamerzwin

I was wanting to make a texture pack for technic but can't find where all of the textures are. I know for regular minecraft that people have made tutorials on where to find the pics and also some people have made a file downloadable of what you can edit. I was wondering if anyone could help or make a tutorial??

P.s. if this in the wrong section moderators plz move it!!!

Please, if you haven't even figured out that much by now, do us all (and yourself) a favor and don't bother. You don't have a mind that's expansive or observant enough to make artistic decisions.

I have made texture before but just there are sommany folders and places to look for the textures that i dont even know where to find them. Like I found some of the texture like for millineare. But what Im asking is there a simpler way of doing this than going through every file and pulling them out???? If thats what I have to do thats what ill do but i mean it will take a LONG time

Best thing to do would be make a script to extract all the mod files to a folder and delete everything that isn't a .png, I have no idea how to do that on Windows, I might could do it on Linux.

Other than that, just choose which pack you want to start with, say, IC2, then just get the pictures and edit them. If there is an update to a mod with a lot of textures and the locations of them change, you'll be in for a headache. Just stick with it. The time it take to make the textures, even crappy ones, dwarfs the time it takes to find the images.

Personally, I'd like to just edit my favorite items to look like something else. Like the sapphire sword. It's just so... Plain! And also the bronze armor. Also plain. Those two things I would love to edit! If it's possible. I'd love to edit those things. :B

Personally, I'd like to just edit my favorite items to look like something else. Like the sapphire sword. It's just so... Plain! And also the bronze armor. Also plain. Those two things I would love to edit! If it's possible. I'd love to edit those things. :B

...\.techniclauncher\technicssp\mods\ic2\armor for the armours if I'm not mistaken?

I am currently creating one and the easiest way I found to add in all the mod support was to start with a texture pack that offers the majority of the mods already supported. Then edit directly over the top of that one. Sphax is a good one, because it includes most of the mods. Just edit that.

I am currently creating one and the easiest way I found to add in all the mod support was to start with a texture pack that offers the majority of the mods already supported. Then edit directly over the top of that one. Sphax is a good one, because it includes most of the mods. Just edit that.

If you want a 16x16 that won't work with sphax as I don't think it supports tekkit for that resolution but I thinks it 64x64 and higher to edit the tekkit ones. Try the smp revival technic edit or faithful 32 texture (with the tekkit mods) to get a 16 or 32 texture to work on :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping a month old thread, but I cannot seem to find the EE armour (Dark matter, red matter etc.) Anyone know where to find them? I have found the rubber and such is the Technic Pack armor section, but not the ones that I stated...