NEI stuck in "recipe mode"

zero88

Question

6 answers to this question

Double check you're changing the cfg in the right folder (.techniclauncher\technicssp\config) and that you're saving the changes.

Check if there is a space or character before the 'lock_recipe_mode' line too, delete it if there is, as mine didn't work because of that.

I had this problem I don't know whether you've tried this already but there are actually two relevant fields in the NEI.cfg

"lock_recipe_mode=false"

&

"cheat=true"

Make sure these are set like this and it *should* work.

Hope this is helpful :-)

So wait, other people are coming in and mudding the waters. To the OP. Are you changing it False to "true" in the NEI config while minecraft and the launcher is closed and it is literally reverting back to "false" when you look at it? Or are you changing it to "true" and it's just not working in game? I'll try and help if I can.

It could be that you're forgetting to enable it in game as well as out of game. Once you enable it in the config you need to open your inventory in game and go to the NEI options. Then set cheat mode to enabled. Otherwise it will appear as if nothing changed.

If you are doing that, and your config is literally just changing back to "false" and not saving, then it could be a problem with permissions. It sounds exactly like the problem of trying to edit the config while the game is open but you said that's not the case. Perhaps the config is only opening in a "read only" mode that you can't edit? I don't know how to help you with your computers permissions since it's not anything to do with technic, so you might try looking around online. I think I even saw someone explaining it on these forums somewhere so try the forums search feature.