Modpack Helper | Pack modpacks | Check permissions | Upload to web | Update Solder Automatically

Zlepper

For the sqlinfo, is it possible to use a sqlite database? Or is it only for mysql?

Right now it only works if solder is running on a mysql database.

You might want to change the first start promt https://imgur.com/WWJIsxG

I'm not sure what you mean by changing it.

nvm i'm a derp when i'm writing things, fixing it now XD

Another thing Is could you make it so if I wanted to say use 0.6 of solder due to reasons, I could use this to upload everything to solder

Right now i'm checking if you are actually connecting to a proper solder database, but some structures changed, so my detection changed a bit. But I will change it so it ignores the little difference between the two.

The latest version can work with both 0.6 and 0.7.x of solder now.

Edited by Zlepper

I'm getting the same error mine_my_own_bizz has/had.

Ok... I hadn't uploaded any of it to solder yet, I was just using it to help with all the file structure madness, I have all the mods still so no worries. Just wish I had saved the folder that had them all ready to upload to Solder lol. It's life though. I have only recently gotten Solder up and running after almost 400 years of struggling with it for some reason (shared hosting woes.)

Here is a link to the folder I ran it on. Bare in mind that this worked on the exact same folder last night, short of having to name a few files and it skipped the mods that run unarchived of course, ie... Millenaire.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93032141/mods.zip

I'm guessing it's caused by mods you haven't yet taken into account for, so the program doesn't know what to do when it sees them. It says it's "currently doing" BiblioCraft[v1.5.5].zip when it happens. I'll drop a link here so you can see the whole list of mods I have. I'm looking forward to using this successfully very soon! I haven't been able to update my modpack for probably over a month because I added a few more mods and it just stopped downloading from dropbox correctly. That's the only thing I changed about it, though, is mods. I don't think it's Item ID conflicts because I can play it just fine on my personal version, but trying to update it through Technic Launcher no longer works. I added GalactiCraft and some of its extra mods, and that's it, I think. I use IDfixminus to automatically fix most ID conflicts, and it apparently worked on GalactiCraft for my personal version, but despite working for so many other mods on the update through the launcher method, it might not be working for GalactiCraft. It doesn't make sense, so again, I'm really hoping you can help me soon!

I'm getting the same error mine_my_own_bizz has/had.

I'm guessing it's caused by mods you haven't yet taken into account for, so the program doesn't know what to do when it sees them. It says it's "currently doing" BiblioCraft[v1.5.5].zip when it happens. I'll drop a link here so you can see the whole list of mods I have. I'm looking forward to using this successfully very soon! I haven't been able to update my modpack for probably over a month because I added a few more mods and it just stopped downloading from dropbox correctly. That's the only thing I changed about it, though, is mods. I don't think it's Item ID conflicts because I can play it just fine on my personal version, but trying to update it through Technic Launcher no longer works. I added GalactiCraft and some of its extra mods, and that's it, I think. I use IDfixminus to automatically fix most ID conflicts, and it apparently worked on GalactiCraft for my personal version, but despite working for so many other mods on the update through the launcher method, it might not be working for GalactiCraft. It doesn't make sense, so again, I'm really hoping you can help me soon!

I could swear I had solved that issue shortly after he reported it.

But i'll take a look at the old version of bibliocraft to see if I can find any issues with it.

Also Ids is not something I have anything to do with, I'm just purely interacting with the mod files.

EDIT: just tested again, everything is packed correctly, so without a log there is nothing I can do to fix an issue I can't find.

To get a log start the program from cmd like "solderhelper.exe > log.txt". Of cause you need to navigate to wherever SolderHelper is installed.

Edited by Zlepper

I could swear I had solved that issue shortly after he reported it.

But i'll take a look at the old version of bibliocraft to see if I can find any issues with it.

Also Ids is not something I have anything to do with, I'm just purely interacting with the mod files.

EDIT: just tested again, everything is packed correctly, so without a log there is nothing I can do to fix an issue I can't find.

To get a log start the program from cmd like "solderhelper.exe > log.txt". Of cause you need to navigate to wherever SolderHelper is installed.

It still crashes with bibliocraft and I think I have found why. This is the message it throws http://pastebin.com/JY5vZy40

I think the reason that it crashes (or the only difference between two mods) is the mod's mcmod.info file. Bibliocraft's mcmod file is this and another mod (ArmorStatusHud) is this do you see the difference between the two files? That's why I think its crashing.

Right now it only works if solder is running on a mysql database.

I'm not sure what you mean by changing it.

nvm i'm a derp when i'm writing things, fixing it now XD

Right now i'm checking if you are actually connecting to a proper solder database, but some structures changed, so my detection changed a bit. But I will change it so it ignores the little difference between the two.

The latest version can work with both 0.6 and 0.7.x of solder now.

So now that I have updated to the most recent version of solder(at the time of this post) I can't use the solder database option cause mysql keeps timing out no matter what database is put in there. I can't use auto-upload to ftp, everything in there goes to Invailhost. As far as the second one goes, I don't use/want ftp on my server, so I am using a ftp to sftp feature of my client. heres the domain I am using for mysql vps.thedoctorslife.com

It still crashes with bibliocraft and I think I have found why. This is the message it throws http://pastebin.com/JY5vZy40

I think the reason that it crashes (or the only difference between two mods) is the mod's mcmod.info file. Bibliocraft's mcmod file is this and another mod (ArmorStatusHud) is this do you see the difference between the two files? That's why I think its crashing.

The two differences are accounted for, and I am completely unable to reproduce the crash you are experiencing.

Try sending your bibliocraft file to me, then I might be able to figure out something.

So now that I have updated to the most recent version of solder(at the time of this post) I can't use the solder database option cause mysql keeps timing out no matter what database is put in there. I can't use auto-upload to ftp, everything in there goes to Invailhost. As far as the second one goes, I don't use/want ftp on my server, so I am using a ftp to sftp feature of my client. heres the domain I am using for mysql vps.thedoctorslife.com

That didn't make any resonable sense to me. But for you ftp thing you have to add the protocol infront of the ftp url, like this:

ftp://zlepper.dk

And to use mysql you don't need to have any uploading done by SolderHelper, it's just there for automating purposes.

Also for your timeouts: Are you sure that you have opened to needed ports to connect to the mysql database from the outside of your network? That is usually what causes a timeout.

Edited by Zlepper

The two differences are accounted for, and I am completely unable to reproduce the crash you are experiencing.

Try sending your bibliocraft file to me, then I might be able to figure out something.

That didn't make any resonable sense to me. But for you ftp thing you have to add the protocol infront of the ftp url, like this:

ftp://zlepper.dk

And to use mysql you don't need to have any uploading done by SolderHelper, it's just there for automating purposes.

Also for your timeouts: Are you sure that you have opened to needed ports to connect to the mysql database from the outside of your network? That is usually what causes a timeout.

Here's the biblicoraft file I'm using: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/121954827/BiblioCraft%5Bv1.9.0%5D%5BMC1.7.10%5D.jar

Swapping the mcmod for biblocraft with another doesn't crash but instead causes an invalid mcmod.info error where you put the name and version in manually

Here's the biblicoraft file I'm using: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/121954827/BiblioCraft%5Bv1.9.0%5D%5BMC1.7.10%5D.jar

Swapping the mcmod for biblocraft with another doesn't crash but instead causes an invalid mcmod.info error where you put the name and version in manually

Everything works fine for me, so I have no idea what could be causing the crash.

Out of curiosity is it the only file you have issues with?

Everything works fine for me, so I have no idea what could be causing the crash.

Out of curiosity is it the only file you have issues with?

I remember there being some others but don't remember them. Also, what OS are you using? It may be an OS issue.

I remember there being some others but don't remember them. Also, what OS are you using? It may be an OS issue.

I tested with both Windows 8 and Linux mint 17.1, so i'm pretty sure it's not that.

Edited by Zlepper

Sorry no, since there is no other info than a function.

And it seems my own errorhandler isn't working, otherwise an errorlog should have been on the desktop.

I presume you have no idea what's wrong and why its not working. I vaguely remember it working fine (once).

EDIT: Are you SURE you can't reporduce the bug? I've been able to reproduce it on my desktop (8.1) and a VM running on that (10) and my laptop (7)

I *think* I have found a way to reporduce the bug. Run the application, then, without changing anything, run it again. That is what I found produces the issue

Edited by mrkirby173

I presume you have no idea what's wrong and why its not working. I vaguely remember it working fine (once).

EDIT: Are you SURE you can't reporduce the bug? I've been able to reproduce it on my desktop (8.1) and a VM running on that (10) and my laptop (7)

I *think* I have found a way to reporduce the bug. Run the application, then, without changing anything, run it again. That is what I found produces the issue

Trust me, I do know "what" type of issue it is, and what could be causing it, but the mentioned function is pretty long, and the error log doesn't tell me anything other than a value hasn't been set. Considering that function moves around about 20 values it's pretty hard to figure out the issue without the line number.

But I managed to fix the issue now after some intense debugging.

Trust me, I do know "what" type of issue it is, and what could be causing it, but the mentioned function is pretty long, and the error log doesn't tell me anything other than a value hasn't been set. Considering that function moves around about 20 values it's pretty hard to figure out the issue without the line number.

But I managed to fix the issue now after some intense debugging.

Kew thanks. It appears to be working now :D

I don't know what I did but now its not packing any of my mods. Only the configs, forge, and scripts :(

Edited by mrkirby173

Kew thanks. It appears to be working now :D

I don't know what I did but now its not packing any of my mods. Only the configs, forge, and scripts :(

That is intended when making solder packs. SolderHelper will remember what mods it has packed before, and wont pack then again. This is done to minimize the data usage when uploading packs, and to avoid having to get a new md5 value for solder.

If you want it to pack the mods again just click "reset database".

This also only happens for solder packing, so if you are making a giant zip, then everything will still get packed.

It seems that people have not discovered this due to my horrible documentation(or complete lack thereof), and even worse naming of buttons.

If you want SolderHelper to pack mods that it has already packed, just select "reset database". Everything about the mods will still be known, so you won't have to reenter everything.

And don't worry, it's only local where it changes a value in the the database to 0 instead of 1, so no harm will come to your actual solder database.