Modpack Helper | Pack modpacks | Check permissions | Upload to web | Update Solder Automatically

Zlepper

Question

I am making a Solder pack. I have all my mods together in a folder - when I build the pack it starts to go through and look for names and versions and all that good stuff. When the I have finished - should it have saved all the names and versions that I input manually so I do not have to do them again? At the moment mine is not doing that so I want to make sure that is normal.

Towsty

Question

I am making a Solder pack. I have all my mods together in a folder - when I build the pack it starts to go through and look for names and versions and all that good stuff. When the I have finished - should it have saved all the names and versions that I input manually so I do not have to do them again? At the moment mine is not doing that so I want to make sure that is normal.

Towsty

It should save them, the only things that aren't saving corrently right now are authornames, but you will rarely encounter those.

What mods specifically are the issues?

It should save them, the only things that aren't saving corrently right now are authornames, but you will rarely encounter those.

What mods specifically are the issues?

At the moment:

COFH Lib

Ex Nihilo

MicoodleCore

Industrialcraft API

SuperCraftingFrame

StevesAddons

Morpheus

StevesAddons

InfernalMobs

Those are the ones that I can remember - some are just versions and others are both versions and names.

The other issue I am running into is it seems to just be ignoring half them. The end result of running it left me with 33 out of 209 mods actually compiled into the folder.

Thoughts?

Edited by TowstyG2523

Love this tool. I finally finally finally after about 10 hours? Got my solder install working on my VPS box and after countless time having to override apache handelrs and moving to subdomains within my host it is working and let me tell you this little tool right here. Just made me smile when I went to create my first solder pack and guess what...

it worked

^_^

However I do have a question, how exactly does this work with mods like DamageIndicators, Carpenter Blocks, and Flan were actually the three that I was most confused about. I will run you through the steps I did:

1. Directory with mods - C:modpackAmods
Outpurdirectory - Z:CompiledPacks

2. Tick "Create Technic Pack"

3. Tick "Solder Pack"

4. Tick Include Forge in zip, Include Configs in .zip and Include Configs in .zip

5. MCVersion 1.6.4

6. Forge Version 965

7. Addition Folders: Tick: 
a)bin, 
b)customDISkins(used in the custom NPCs mod), 
c)customnpcs (customnpc directory like Flan it contains an assess folder and in the assest folder is music, sound, textures)
d)Flan (contains the flan stuff. My Flan directory is ( this: http://imgur.com/HqTtdqg )

8. Tick "Use solder installation"

9. Modpack Name - in this case SolderTestPack

10. Modpack Version - 1.0.0

11. Click Go - then it begins to run and a few mods say no modmc.info go bug author about it and a text box appears that you can type stuff in but i generally just leave it black and click okay (perhaps that is what I am doing wrong?)

12. After everything finishes I go to the output directory and its all packaged nice in there in a premade mods folder for me that i just upload via FTP to my repo directory go to the Solder platform and sure enough the mods uploaded to my database, my pack was created for me, and everything looks hunky doory. I go publish the pack, unhide it and then import it via the platform here (with hidden checked of course as it is just testing). Install the API link to my launcher my modpack shows up! Yay and then i click install....

13. I get an error message saying that this modpack may be corrupt contacts modpack author OR i will get some type of error message that may say <MODNAME> cannot be found or extracted. Sure enough DamageIndicators is one of the mods that I skipped typing in something in the textbox for when creating the pack. That is why I wonder if it is related?

I mean clearly it is working as the modpack gets detected, gets imported and begins to install but those errors pop up only at certain points during the launcher's insall. And sure enough, Flan was one, Damage Indicators, Carpenter Blocks and i think one or two other ones. So clearly I am doing something wrong in the setup, but i am just trying to figure out what. I apologize for the Wall of Text but i wanted to be as thorough as possible. I kid you not when I say i spent almost 10 to 12 hours trying to set this up on my shared hosting box and I don't want something so dumb to stop me....if I was able to rewrite the apache handler via its .htacess file on a webhost that generally doesn't have trailing slashes, i hope i can resolve a dinky .zip issue.
Edited by HalestormXV

If you leave the name box blank solder helper should just skip the mod.
Those boxes appears because there is no info in the .jar itself about what mod it is, so instead SolderHelper will ask you, the user.

However, if you left them completely blank, then I can't understand why they were created in solder in the first place.

I'll look into it, and see what I can do.

Alright, the latest version fixes the issue.

To get it just start SolderHelper and you will be prompted to update. :)

You might want to go into edit data and delete the row with damageindicators and the other mods that caused issues, to make sure it won't stay a problem.

Edited by Zlepper

Alright, i updated and i cleaned out the solder database as well as reset the applications database, and the solder builds and all that stuff (this is only in testing stages right now so i don't mind wiping the database of solder and then flushing it back to defaults, but you must always remember to flush :P)  But anyway so i tested the application and reconfigured it and repeated teh steps just as they were above and these errors still persist. It seems to only be the mods that have independent folders (Flans, Carpenters, CustomSkins, ironically though CustomNPCs folder which contains the assents to that mod works fine.) But here are the errors:

Now just bare in mind the setup instructions were followed exactly as i did above. And at the very end when it asked "do You want too install carpenters blocks?" I hit yes and "Do you want to install Railcraft" I hit yes. I also did not add any text to the line that appears when it asks you to complain to a mod author about adding the .info file

'>

'>

And of course here are the structure of the Flan directory and carpenters block directory folders.

Flan Directory: http://imgur.com/HqTtdqg

Flan Subdirectory: FC - pack V6 - http://imgur.com/SCYffEF

----------------------------

Carpenters Blocks Directory: (located in mods folder) http://imgur.com/crEf8gF

So perhaps solder isn't playing nice with the zip files in each directory while it is attempting to unzip, or the application isn't playing nice with them upon creation? Or I am totally missing something and those subdirectories aren't even need? (although I know the Flan one is).

I find it to hard to believe that the only mods having an issue are carpenters and flans and customnpcs is not having an issue yet also has a subdirectory but what is the missing link? Of the three of those mods customnpc is the only one that doesn't have zip files within it and is the only one not causing issue.. To much for a coincidence I think, no? Please also keep in mind if i delete those mods from my pack (flan's carpenter's blocks) it works just fine. So the issue is somehow how those are getting packaged maybe? Any suggestions or ideas?

Edited by HalestormXV

You are a magnificent individual and i would love to bear your Technic Solder Children but I am male and cannot bear children :P But back to reaality, thank you so very much for the updates. Everything seems to be working fine with the passing over of the mods without the .info page. Although I did see some example mods get added in? but I don't care about that. Everything seemed to work perfectly as expected. 

On a side note, do you know how to work around the no .info ? I mean out of my 60 mods only 8 of them were missing it lol so it wasn't a big deal, i just left them blank the application parsed over them and then I just manually added in the 8 to Solder's database. But I am curious for my own knowledge, is it possible to work around them missing? Not for your application to do it but just in general.

On a side note, do you know how to work around the no .info ? I mean out of my 60 mods only 8 of them were missing it lol so it wasn't a big deal, i just left them blank the application parsed over them and then I just manually added in the 8 to Solder's database. But I am curious for my own knowledge, is it possible to work around them missing? Not for your application to do it but just in general.

When the .info is missing or partially missing you will be prompted for the missing info, which you can enter and SolderHelper will work with that as if it was gotten directly from the .info file.

Another thing I can do is trying to guess the mod details from the file name, but sadly mods don't agree on following the same file naming system, so this one is pretty much a no-go.

I'm working on a third "crowd sourcing" solution, which will take the info people enter into the prompt and send it to my server, where other instances of SolderHelper can fetch the info when they meet the mod, this however will properly take another day, or even another week to finish. And it will rely on people not skipping over entering info.

Oh, and for you modpack about 23 mods have partialy filled .info files, but most of those are guessed by SolderHelper already ;)

Edited by Zlepper

Alright, the latest version include some background crowd features.

This means that if you enter some missing data to a mod it will be send to my server, where I can accept the data, and then other people can use that data when they make their packs.

This also means that if you lose your SolderHelper installation, you will not have to enter all the modinfo again.

Hey Zlepper, I was poking around the code a little bit and make a few UI changes.

Was a bit curious on how the GitHub process works so I created an account and forked your project, then pushed my changes to the fork.

This looks like it should be easier to review over any suggestions I may have as instead of sending local copies. Also I made a pull request you your project with my changes for your review, the changes were fairly minor usability differences.

Would love to help on the project, even if it is for minor things.

Hey Zlepper, I was poking around the code a little bit and make a few UI changes.

Was a bit curious on how the GitHub process works so I created an account and forked your project, then pushed my changes to the fork.

This looks like it should be easier to review over any suggestions I may have as instead of sending local copies. Also I made a pull request you your project with my changes for your review, the changes were fairly minor usability differences.

Would love to help on the project, even if it is for minor things.

I accepted into the project after some changes, but otherwise it worked fine :)

Also, for anyone interrested in how it looks when I decide if your version choose made sense:

hRvrocX.png

Edited by Zlepper

That's pretty cool. I imagine you may get (or end up getting) a lot of these coming in.

Just curious on how it handles duplicate information, or even just the same md5 several times with different information.

Do you have to manually override one or the other each time?

That's pretty cool. I imagine you may get (or end up getting) a lot of these coming in.

Just curious on how it handles duplicate information, or even just the same md5 several times with different information.

Do you have to manually override one or the other each time?

Actually it's not that bad.

And the way it's coded i won't get dublicates, so that's not a problem ;)

If I click Use solder installation it stops after packaging the optionalfolders and config.

Edit: Actually seems to stop after the last Mod, usually WBCRE and then not package any mods, sometimes it adds a new mod. Mostly seems to be including config forge and other folders. Solder doesn't seem to affect it when it once gets stuck.

Edited by brynjolf

If I click Use solder installation it stops after packaging the optionalfolders and config.

Edit: Actually seems to stop after the last Mod, usually WBCRE and then not package any mods, sometimes it adds a new mod. Mostly seems to be including config forge and other folders. Solder doesn't seem to affect it when it once gets stuck.

It will not pack mods that are already on solder, but I suspect the issue being that i'm a bit to fast in telling it to skip mods, so they won't actually get added to the new version of the modpack.