Modpack Helper | Pack modpacks | Check permissions | Upload to web | Update Solder Automatically

Zlepper

I see your working on some adding some stuff into this already astronomically amazing piece of software. I have a slight suggestion or maybe its already in there. You already have settings to upload the data to the Solder Installation provided the user has an MySQL setup and it creates the pack for you already in the dashboard which is equally as awesome.

What about creating a feature in the program to pull from the Solder MySQL to auto-populate the local database that is stored on the user's computer when the mod is looking if items have already been uploaded. I see that as potentially being especially helpful for mods that are missing .info files and the user has already uploaded them and created them manually via the solder dashboard. Thoughts?

Edited by HalestormXV

I see your working on some adding some stuff into this already astronomically amazing piece of software. I have a slight suggestion or maybe its already in there. You already have settings to upload the data to the Solder Installation provided the user has an MySQL setup and it creates the pack for you already in the dashboard which is equally as awesome.

What about creating a feature in the program to pull from the Solder MySQL to auto-populate the local database that is stored on the user's computer when the mod is looking if items have already been uploaded. I see that as potentially being especially helpful for mods that are missing .info files and the user has already uploaded them and created them manually via the solder dashboard. Thoughts?

I would need to manipule the solder database, aka change how the database looks.

While that shouldn't mess anything up solderwise, i'm not really sure how big the payof is.

Ahh I see, alright. I didn't realize the two databases had a different structure. I thought they mimicked each other or the query script only used/pulled the necessary information and uploaded it.

Understood, was just a random thought that came to mind. But anyways keep up the awesome work. This is by far one of the best applications I have seen.

Actually it's not the interaction between the databases that is the issue. It's that Solder stores the md5 value of the zip file, while solderhelper stores the md5 of the actual modfile. This means to save it in the remote database i would have to create a separate table to store everything solderhelper stores locally.

Not sure if i'm doing it wrong or if modpack packer doesnt react as expected. My scripts for minetweaker are in :

• root
    • scripts
      • nameofthescript.zs

Modpack packer is asking me if I want also to upload the scripts folder. I answer yes.

I end up with the following: No script folder and:

• root
    • nameofthescript.zs (no folder created)

My config is also not uploading to server properly (but twice a zip is created and empty) in:

• mods
    • config
      • config.name.version.zip (empty)
    • name.version.configs
      • config.name.version.zip (empty as well)

When unpacking with technic launcher, the config file is empty, and the script is unpacked at the wrong place. Could you help me please?

And List View is now online. Go forth and break all the things.

To enable it just change the "missing info" selection to "Create List".

I hope the interface makes sense. I have tried making things as descriptive as possible, but likely not everything will make sense to everybody.

Nice, but I don't know how to use it, I see SolderHelper application, but when I launch her, nothing happens

yep i Can diagnose nothing from that.

But i guess you havent given it the time to start. Depending on your computer it can take up to ten minuttes to start the first time.

I'm on Debian 7.7, I have done "git clone https://github.com/zlepper/TechnicSolderHelper.git" I have installed it, but when I run SolderHelper application, nothing happens

You need to install mono runtime environment first, then you can download the zip listed in the install script. I can't make the advanced guide right now as I'm not on my computer.

New version released with lots of bugfixes, mainly:

• Correct data now being sent to community storage.
  • minecraft 1.7.10_pre4 no longer shows up in minecraft version lists.
  • The minecraft version are now selectable from a list, not from direct textinput.
    • This also means you can now select the minecraft version from the main SolderHelper interface without having to select a forge version.
  • Authors are now also being stored on the community storage.

The last change also forced me to reset the database, else it would cause issues with mods already there.

Edited by Zlepper

Regarding the linux install instructions, you can simply run this:

curl "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zlepper/TechnicSolderHelper/master/installer.sh" | sh

curl echos the contents of the URI to stdout, which we pipe to sh. This way we only need to run one command instead of two. Additionally, we don't save install.sh to disk.

Edited by skwerlman

Regarding the linux install instructions, you can simply run this:

curl "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zlepper/TechnicSolderHelper/master/installer.sh" | sh

curl echos the contents of the URI to stdout, which we pipe to sh. This way we only need to run one command instead of two. Additionally, we don't save install.sh to disk.

Ohh yeah, that's a good idea. Will update the OP.

Why did you get rid of the thing that should what it was doing, I quite enjoyed that feature.

Last update, it was halfway broken.

EDIT: readded it. It's now less broken.

Edited by Zlepper

When configuring my FTP credentials, I put my username as my FTP username and password as my ftp password and the hostname as "mrkirby153.tk" which is my ftp hostname. However, it keeps saying that my hostname is invalid. What goes in the hostname field?

EDIT: I am a derp. I forgot I was using SFTP instead of plain FTP. Any chance for SFTP support?

Edited by mrkirby173

When configuring my FTP credentials, I put my username as my FTP username and password as my ftp password and the hostname as "mrkirby153.tk" which is my ftp hostname. However, it keeps saying that my hostname is invalid. What goes in the hostname field?

EDIT: I am a derp. I forgot I was using SFTP instead of plain FTP. Any chance for SFTP support?

I'll see what I can do about adding SFTP support.

Also the hostname should be writen with the protocol first like this:

ftp://zlepper.dk