Metropolis Blog (Latest Release: Day 6)

hindos

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Metropolis Blog

You mean a video recording... intresting. Am i too late to do that? Also won't that take up loads of space... maybe i should finish everything then give a tour in video format showcasing how everything came to be.

I have the stuff for it on my computer already, as soon as tekkit comes out I will set up a place for you. I can record while you show off the stuff. If you want...

Sure , but that sounds like i need to host a server and Im also using equivalent exchange items which tekkit does not have so there may be some corruption. I have a screen recorder program and I can borrow a headset from my dad(quite good quality) but I have a dutch accent so I hope I'm clear to understand ;) . I realise now if I want to fulfill my dream the only way possible is to mass produce items using technic mods or cheating. I think it's cooler if i Mass produce and have an industrial zone also vis is a pretty good way to emass items if you use a large array of snowmen. Did anyone like day 3 I think it's my best one yet. I'll upload it to planet minecraft when I'm 'done' or reached a considerable milestone and record my video. This way you can see how it changed over time. Will technic 7 ruin my map or can i port it? Also thanks loads for all the help guys :) , it's nice to see others enthusiastic of my ideas.

Yeah, same here... Now that I have a working model I may work it in somehow some day... Maybe if I can find a way to make it compatible with the Zeppelin Mod when it gets re-added to Technic... Just flying in and nuke some random village or something :D

Hey guys the blog is back :) so please come check in every once in a while to read my new occurences.

On another note I've decided how I'm going to invade dwarf fortress. I'm going to have a large pit where they fall some way to get all the dropped items and put them in a chest(any suggestions on how i can do that are well appreciated). I don't want to danger myself so i'll use a snowman to lure them in(unsure if they can see through glass- will that work?)

Hey guys the blog is back :) so please come check in every once in a while to read my new occurences.

On another note I've decided how I'm going to invade dwarf fortress. I'm going to have a large pit where they fall some way to get all the dropped items and put them in a chest(any suggestions on how i can do that are well appreciated). I don't want to danger myself so i'll use a snowman to lure them in(unsure if they can see through glass- will that work?)

Thinking powered obsidian pipe would do the trick if you have the resources since I believe the BuildCraft wiki said it has a cone range of 4 blocks when powered by an engine.

I will try a mini test of the build idea to see if it will work.

Info taken from: http://minecraftbuildcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Obsidian_Pipe

Cheers I have loads of obsidian and only need it to go from a pipe to a chest. What kind of engine is necessary to power one pipe to do that?

The entry was vague on that, just said "Redstone engines suck up one at a time, the others suck up multiple" but did not specify how many items that was for each.

I'm sorry guys but I'm going to have less time for technic :'( , however I'm going to join a small modding group and start making mods for you guys so don't be sad(who knows perhaps one day they'll be in technic too :P ). I might still post in my blog from time to time but my frequency of posts is going to significantly drop. I hope to one day resurrect the city in the form of a server...