Tekkit 3: Help Adding Forestry?

I thought I would give it a shot myself since I can't find anything on adding Forestry to a Tekkit 3 server. I added Forestry to the client fine but when I add it to the Tekkit 3.0.3 server mods folder I get an error when running the sever and have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it. From what I can tell the error is,

Unexpected exception

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ic2.api.Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(Lnet/minecraft/server/ItemStack;Lnet/minecraft/server/ItemStack;)V

at net.minecraft.server.powercrystals.netherores.NetherOresCore.init(NetherOresCore.java:68)

at net.minecraft.server.mod_NetherOres.<init>(mod_NetherOres.java:23)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.server.ModLoaderModContainer.preInit(ModLoaderModContainer.java:74)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preModInit(Loader.java:201)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:528)

at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLBukkitHandler.onPreLoad(FMLBukkitHandler.java:113)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:118)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:426)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

I thought it might be conflicts with neither ore so i tried removing it but I just got a similar message about ic2 compressor recipes so I'm guessing its got something to do with ic2 but I don't know how to resolve it.

I do apologies if this is the wrong section of the forum to post this but I was just hoping someone could direct me as to how I can install Forestry to the new Tekkit server or if they can link me to a post that explains it. I did try looking but searches in both the forum and on Google turned up nothing. Any help is very appreciated.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am aware of what SirSengir did and what it meant for a lot of people, but its still a fun addon and it makes minecraft just that bit funner to play. All I wish to know is if someone can instruct me on how to get it to work with Tekkit 3 or even if there is somewhere I can find config files to get it working.

Thanks for the replies, however I have tried to run the server and have everything load normally and then added Forestry afterwards and tried to reload it but with the same results. Plus Forestry doesn't even manage to create a config file so its not getting a chance to load from what I can tell. Perhaps I just don't know how to add new mods to Tekkit. I am just placing the Forestry server jar file in the mods folder.

Edit: Clarifying the forestry jar file was the server one.

Thanks for the replies, however I have tried to run the server and have everything load normally and then added Forestry afterwards and tried to reload it but with the same results. Plus Forestry doesn't even manage to create a config file so its not getting a chance to load from what I can tell. Perhaps I just don't know how to add new mods to Tekkit. I am just placing the Forestry server jar file in the mods folder.

Are you placing the normal server file into the mod folder or the bukkit port (because tekkit uses bukkit)?

When he said load it last he meant change the load order, not just add it last heh. The load order is alphabetic unless I am mistaken. That is why some of the mods have a [1] in front of them, it is to move it up in the load order. To make forestry load last, add a Z to the beginning of the name of the file.

Server forestry for Bukkit: https://d186ocprvpb7jc.cloudfront.net/mods/forestry-1.4.6.1-mcpc1.2.5-r7.zip

Client: http://bit.ly/KxDh4X

Make sure u put a letter Z in front of the file name! And wolla, u now have forestry :)

Thank You!

I'm going to assume if we're trying to make this work with existing 2.1 worlds we're still going to need to shift around the Block IDs?

Server forestry for Bukkit: https://d186ocprvpb7jc.cloudfront.net/mods/forestry-1.4.6.1-mcpc1.2.5-r7.zip

Client: http://bit.ly/KxDh4X

Make sure u put a letter Z in front of the file name! And wolla, u now have forestry :)

Can someone explain to me exactly what to do with these please?

I get that you should put a 'z' in front of the file so that it loads last, but where exactly are these files meant to be placed?

I actually have no idea where the client directory for the technic launcher is, so please be precise.

Thanks. :)

Can someone explain to me exactly what to do with these please?

I get that you should put a 'z' in front of the file so that it loads last, but where exactly are these files meant to be placed?

I actually have no idea where the client directory for the technic launcher is, so please be precise.

Thanks. :)

Nevermind, I've got it.

Putting the server file in \Tekkit\mods and the client file in C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\tekkit\mods worked straight away for me.

I also added 'mod_Forestry=on' into the Mod Select file, but I don't know if that's necessary or not.