How to make my server run

Saadie

Hey guys,

I recently made a modpack and after many tests it's finally running. Now that I have uploaded it and so on I want to upload it to my server. Not a home run server but one we hired. My question is how do I do that? I know you'll need the config, mods and server forge files, but what else? Is there a tutorial somewhere because I only seem to find tutorials for setting one up in from your own PC.

Thanks in advance!

who is your host? I realise with issues of my own getting my own pack to run on my server I'm probably not the best person to give advice on this, but I have successfully installed a custom modpack before on my third party server. Let me know who your host is and I may be able to give some help. Also how familiar are you with uploading folders to servers? I can run you through that to if you need help with it.

ok, this is quite fortunate as I also own a multicraft server. So my advice to you would be first of all to get your /jar file sorted. To do this what you need to do is download the latest forge installer (or cauldron if you are able to get hold of a copy and you want plugins) and create yourself a nice new folder on your desktop. This folder is a plaeholder so call it what you want, inside create another folder and for simplicity sake call it jar. Then put your forge installer into this folder and run it using java. select install server and choose the jar folder inside your new folder and install it to here (ignore the red message saying it doesn't detect minecraft). This will give you 2 jar files, one called something like 1.6.4 server and one with a long ass name that has forge in it. Rename the one with the long name and call it something like custom_server. Next take these 2 jar files plus the libraries folder that will also have been created and upload them to your /jar file on you server. On your multicraft control panel for the jar file location type in custom_server or whatever else you renamed the long jar file name to. Do not upload the forge installer. Other than this all you need is the mods folder from your modpack and the config folder from your modpack, upload them to the server and you should be good to go. I always premake a world and upload that to but that part is optional. When you've done all this you save the control panel settings and start up your server, hopefully it should work. If it doesn't make a note of the error report you get, and I'm afraid you'll need to send it to someone more knowledgeable than me. Hope this helps and sorry if  covered stuff you already know. Gambrous

Edited by gambrous