Tekkit and Worldguard

Matt

I have Tekkit and Worldguard on my server and I'm a total noob at both so I don't know if this post is anything more than "Help me I stink", but here goes.

I've noticed that worldguard works... if you use only vanilla items. As soon as you throw tekkit in the mix, it becomes obsolete. (In a region with a single owner, and build, tnt and ender/creeper griefing set to deny) The plugin blocks TNT and Any manual block breaking, but iTNT, mining lazers, nukes, and other tekkit specific blocks and items are permitted to be used to break blocks. I chalk this up to Worldguard simply not accounting for a modded server/client.

So I guess my questions is, Am I doing it wrong? Is there a better plugin out there, perhaps one made with Tekkit in mind? What can I do to protect my spawn?

Thank you!

WorldGuard and/or some other plugin should have the ability to disable items/blocks per-id, but what about things like nuclear reactors that are very useful normally? It's going to be hard to do anything about those without restricting legitimate gameplay.

On of the issues, atleast with the laser, is that as long as you dont "rightclick" a block, it seems to bypass whatever protection thrown at it (use). The laser got longer range than a normal player. There might be an easy way to "block" the entire usage in an area, but ive yet myselfe figured out how (and im only using perms, i dont know coding, at all!)

ic2 config file has the ability to disable crafting of mining lasers, you can still spawn them with NEI but they cannot be crafted. same goes for a few other items listed here.

I don't want to remove everything that explodes, that would be every item in IC2 and Buildcraft. Something that simply doesn't let blocks be changed in a region would be optimal.

The issue is the way world guard works is it listens for block events in the guarded area and if they happen it stops them. Now tekkit items do not call the same events and are not monitored so when they are used to interact with the guarded region they just bypass it. The only way to fix this is have someone edit worldguard in such a way it picks up tekkit events (nuke blowing up, mining laser) or to just disabled them completely. Sorry for the horrible answer but ive gone through the same issue.

What did you do to resolve the issue? I'm open to alternatives to WG.

You cannot solve the issue unless you manage tog et the source code for worldguard and edit it for tekkit (or make anothing plugin like worldguard) all you can do is disable players from placing nukes its impossible to stop people breaking ur regions with tekkit items.