RyZup's Showcase

RyZup

About me

Just a casual teenager learning his way into the world of art. I mostly love graphic design and am thinking of doing it seriously, I have done this kind of stuff for 3 years already. I have had my big breaks because of being so obsessed with gaming and stuff like that (longest being like 6 months). I am mostly experienced with signatures.

Programs I use: Adobe Photoshop

Programs I would love to get to know better: C4D, Adobe Illustrator

I also have a blog on:

Blogspot

Newest piece of art

78195257.jpg

This guy is my idol in the world of music. He's singing for a band called "All That Remains" which is absolutely one of my favorites of all time.

I am thinking of recoloring it and smoothing/cleaning it all up...

Criticism is accepted but not taken fully into account, cause I'm a true beginner with large arts.

Old stuff (Newest at the top)

every image has a link attached to it to view my gallery

asiaadidrsknolinesblend.png

This is the most recent signature from me. It's after a big break with signature stuff for like a year (I have been trying my best with large arts in this period of time)

mingipask.png

Mostly a smudge work, most of the pros told me to remove text from every signature, this is like one of those where I just wanted to have the text (Also this piece is based on a tutorial)

loveismovement.png

This was just a huge experiment overall with different "Styles" that photoshop can apply... Then again some color additions were added there as well... I did it because of the text on the shirts hehe.

gfxfxlogowipmbnoshad.png

[NOTE: This is with transparent background and it has white stuff in there, better put it on gray background to see it in its full color(Or you can change the Contrast/Saturation on your screen)]This is a logo/banner I did for a forum once (I consider this my best piece of all time. As for logos, I didn't create many in my life so I can say this is the best logo and will probably keep being the best... ). It's a forums "Home" button so I don't know, either a banner or logo ? Since logos are mostly considered square sized pictures with nowadays definitions...

howardjonesnotext.png

I thought of limiting my pieces to 5, but then I saw this piece and couldn't have left it out anyhow... It's Howard Jones from "Killswitch Engage" , Also one of my idols (I enjoy his voice the most). There is another version, where I put my text skills to limit (aka just put text)with words: You were no god to me. But I thought that this is best without text. (I will put my oldest work's age as well then) It's uploaded on August 16th 2010.

Are you taking request, perchance? I have to admit this work is very nice, and if you are tking request on your free time, I may be interested (If its free of course XD) If not, I have to say, this is some VERY nice work, and you should keep it, you have a talent for this, and the art style is uncommon, at least around me, and it gives it a flair that I don't see in most places. I hope you are very proud of this work, you should be, this spells Quality, through and through! Great job, again, this is incredible!

Alright, then if you want to work on something, here's something for ya. I work on a little music on youtube, and I would like to have a picture that I could call my own to attach to my videos instead of hoping the picture I had got for the video has no copy right issues. I would like to have a dark, Voodoo-Inspired picture fort my music, with "Twisted Voodoo Studios" On it. I would like to have the "TwIsTeD vOoDoO" As so, but the rest of the art may be done as is, as you're the artist and should have full creativity on your work. If you decide to do something like this, I can only give you my thanks, but if not that's fine too. Again, great work on your art and I hope to see more soon!

Thank you for your compliments, I really appreciate it.

@Twisted Voodoo: When I'm finished I'll probably pm you, if you want, otherwise i can attach it to this thread or something like that.

Thank you for your compliments, I really appreciate it.

@Twisted Voodoo: When I'm finished I'll probably pm you, if you want, otherwise i can attach it to this thread or something like that.

Doesn't matter to me, this is a showcase after all! Show it off, but if the resolution is higher than allowed on the forums, (Unless I have missed something important here) just let me know and we'll get something worked out, but regardless you show off all your work, nevertheless.

Resolution is never a problem, new forums automatically re-sizes the image. Meaning i can just upload it on my main account where all my creations are(I don't think it's public unless i just send you a link to my gallery or something like that).

• Forum Administrators

Resolution is never a problem, new forums automatically re-sizes the image. Meaning i can just upload it on my main account where all my creations are(I don't think it's public unless i just send you a link to my gallery or something like that).

Correct, and if anyone wants to view your works full size all they have to do is click it, this toggles the resizing.

voodoop.png

[CLICK ON IMAGE TO VIEW IN FULL SIZE IN OTHER WINDOW]

So, here is the first concept. I can develop it from here on. The first thing that i see in profile is the text. If you have more wishes with text, then I shall try something else.

(Tried redrawing the voodoo skeleton)

Holy....mother...o.o...

I'm truly speechless about the way this looks, I've tried to get people to catch my mood setting before and the voodoo vibe, yet no one has ever come close to achieving it. You sir, have nailed this, dead on, unlike anyone has ever done before and its completely breaking the lines of anything I could have ever imagined. The art style, the shading, the sheer art form of it (I just woke up and saw this mind you to, so my mind isn't blocked by a train of thought right now) all combine into some wicked, twisted beast that is this art. I am absolutely SHOCKED by the quality to this, so much so I'm afraid to view the full size image on the fear of becoming blinded by its excellecy! (too much, I know but it truly is hard to describe this)

You have an art style of which I haven't seen in quite some time, at least quite not like this. I cannot do anything but thank you, but perhaps I can work on a song now, and see how I can work your name into it somehow, to at least give you credit for this. Jesus man...I have to do something for this, perhaps a song will be enough to equally match the epicness you have created. Simplistic, yet it screams "WHAT NOW?"

heh.

Let's see what I can do.

Edit: Woah, woah, woah, wait, thsi is a concept? Jesus boy, what are you trying to do, kill me? I was impressed by this and your saying its a concept? If your doing the voodoo skeleton, then perhaps some tiny green glowing lights in the center of the eyes, and the cigar, but other than that I see nothing else!

By the concept I meant as it's the first work . I thought you might want to change it or something (Artists eyes differ all the time, some artists don't see flaws and stuff so the others help them flaw their work)

I myself, am pretty shocked because of your reaction to this =D Thank you, you don't have to tribute me anything, no money nothing, your gratitude is the most welcome payment for my heart =)

EDIT: Btw forgot to say that the full reso is 1920x1080 and DPI 300. Also my link doesn't lead to full image size dunno why, so i will share this:

I'm working on my next song, and your rt will be the headline of it! Again, thank you for your hard work, I wanted you to know how much I appreciate it, I'll send you a link when its finished!

EDIT: As promised, here is the link! Nothing good but as long as I like it, I just do not care, though feedback is always appreciated, but not on this thread please, this is his thread not mine, if you wish to do so, do so on the video.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators

I don't suppose, RyZup, that you are, or have, been selling yourself? By that I mean pushing yourself out there, getting work, that sort of thing. It's way obvious you have the chops for it so I don't anticipate that being a problem. Do you have any formal training? Not required at all in the ~world of art~ though.

Basically you've got real natural talent and I'm just wondering what you are doing to further hone your skills. I promise I'm not a real grandpa. Probably.

• 1 month later...

Well, First of all I apologize for being inactive for quite a while, i was on vacation and now my PC is dead... again ...

@TV: I like the song, I really do. Though in Video didn't seem like you were properly using the image(perhaps you didn't download the full one? ), or is it just the 480p format's fault ?

@Kaker: I am thinking of it day and night. About improving my skills and myself, I haven't worked on these things for a long time, I take big breaks and then suddenly start doing stuff again. I don't know where the motivation or inspiration is even coming from, I just suddenly start doing it. Of course when I was younger, I was actually interested in designing at the age of 16, when I was just looking for some victims to taste my art. I did this all stuff for free just because I wanted to educate myself in deadlines, of how to beat them in time, how to work fast, push myself to the limits... Plus nobody would actually be smart enough to pay for it since I wasn't educated somewhere and I was young.

I really do want to do this for my living, I don't want my parents telling me what career to choose, I want my own way of life, just to prove them wrong. The problem with me is that I am not that kind of a person anymore who will just randomly learn all the tutorials to get better. I want somebody to teach me, and finding a good designer (good as in the one who's art I accept) or school is a problem for me. I know I am capable of learning things myself, but some things aren't written in the internet (things like personal experience).

Wow... I saw what you did for Twisted Voodoo and was like "this is my guy!" Your art is amazing! I've been looking for an artist to do a banner for the website I will be making for my Tekkit server, Pax Universe. I was wondering if you could make something for me? Some kind of banner, that says Pax Universe, that brings across the image and feel of peace, and tranquility. All that I require are the words Pax Universe on it - everything else you can take complete creative license on! Whatever you want to do is okay with me, even if you don't want to do it, that's fine too. Just putting this request out there. Thank you in advance, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Hey man,

Just saying that I haven't forgotten your request, It's a hard time for me in my inspirational mind right now. I've got nothing atm in mind that should blow your mind, but as a token of responsibility I want to post the "Sketch" ... I'm having hard time in creating the text myself. I'm posting this just so you can rate it and maybe give me some advice on how you want it to be... What you like and don't like, what you think is missing, what you think I should add, criticize it. Everybody can criticize it, I'm in a mood to take it seriously atm. Go harsh on me, rape me as hard as possible please cause I've gotten too lazy.

paxunirecovered.jpg

Wow, this is very nice! I do really like the background, especially with the slight blur on the sun and to the right. It is overall very nice, but since you wanted criticism... Okay. At some points in the tree line background, I do find that the tree line gets a bit monotonous, especially in the center of the overall tree line. I just feel it lacks the treelike feeling of the other parts. About the text, I really love how it looks, though I think it just needs a little more pizazz. Maybe make the color brighter? Something to make it pop! Also, do you think you could elongate the bottom, as a solid reflective color, so it could go all the way down to the bottom of the web page, and make it a bit wider. You could also add 'Universe' next to ''Pax', but that is entirely up to you. Again, thank you very much for this, and I know that you're taking time out of your day to do this for me. I also appreciate you asking for criticism, as that shows that you really want to improve. I will be sure to recommend you to all my friends!

Oh my... That's very nice... Thank you for the logo. About the second picture, if you could scale down the large tree in the center, that'd be cool. Also, of you could possibly make the "Universe" a bit more like the original lettering,mi think that would finish this. Wow... This is just awesome. I'm going away to camp for a for a couple weeks, so if you could do something else, that would be amazing. Do you think you could make a font out of the "Pax" lettering? Just send me the letters a-z plus punctuation, that would just be great... Thank you so much for everything!