Watch of Flowing Time and Multiplayer

I've been reading the Wiki, and it says that anything placed on a Pedestal doesn't work on Multiplayer. Of course, this was after I made 8 Pedestals and 8 Watches of Flowing Time. Do these work on Multiplayer? When adding them to a Pedestal, all the machines on our server just slowed down; not speed up. Is something wrong? A single furnace takes 15 minutes to smelt 1 Gold Ore. Some how I don't think this is supposed to be this way.

I tried right clicking the pedestals and no sounds or graphics changed. How do I even know they are active? Currently anything that is a machine is going beyond slow. Our MKIII Relays and Energy converters are moving at 1/8th the speed they normally run. They are running slower than MKI.

EDIT: Removing the Pedestals and the Watches didn't help.

Pretty sure I read the creator of EE2 slowed down the SMP version of EE2 because servers are on continuously whereas SSP clients are not. I thought it was only 1/4 speed but 1/8 may be accurate (didn't test it).

I Wouldn't know. I've never did play Single-player except to test textures. We have a large number of watches and they seem to be working. We don't need to place them near machines to get the effect apparently?

I assume, if the WoFT works in SMP now, it should follow what's stated on the wiki

Placing a Watch of Flowing Time on a Pedestal and activating it gives a Global 7% increase to all machine speeds. This Effect stacks to a Maximum of 10x speed with 32 activated pedestals. The pedestals with watches on them have infinite range, and can be placed anywhere, machines will still be sped up.

http://equivalentexchange.wikispaces.com/Watch of Flowing Time

Assuming it works and the chunk in which the watch(es) are located remain loaded, all machines should speed up regardless of location.

If it compounds like interest, it gets you close. Nevertheless, I've never felt inclined to attempt it much less break down the code or figure out the exact math.

I used to use the WoFT in the original EE a lot but now there are much more effective ways, in my opinion, to get EMC without having to spend 568,512 EMC for each watch (SMP included).