How would I add an item to EE? (Give it an EMC value)

I would like to give UU-Matter (item 30188) an EMC value of 49192 (6 diamonds) on my private server. How would I go about doing this? I didn't see anything this in the mod properties, and would my players have to change anything to their clients too?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1106178-125-equivalent-exchange-2-v1460/

FAQ

How can I add my own EMC values for my other mod items? Is there a config file or something I need to update?

We don't have something like this in right now, but it is something I'm working on in my larger rewrite of the mod. In the meantime pwnedgod has updated his CustomEMC addon for EE2. You can find it here.

No guarantee if this still works

• 2 months later...

here's what you have to do: get the customEMC mod that was ported to bukkit (here: http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=3491.0)

run the server, then stop it once it's finished.

in the config folder there will be a customemc.cfg

edit this file with any text editor you want (I use notepad++)

add the line: AddEMC 30188,49192

although, for balance reasons, i would really suggest only using "AddEMC 30188,2048" as this is the highest it is actually ever worth. 9 uu-matter make 1 diamond, so you are basically making it severely OP

side note: in your minecraft it won't show an EMC value, but you can still use it in condensers and tablets and everything. the behavior will be kinda glitchy (because your minecraft will be saying it's worth nothing while the server says that it is. the server wins in the end, but your minecraft may be showing the wrong thing)

one last thing: I have a customemc.cfg right here if you want to add quite a few more blocks' EMC values. it has values for all the ores, and this can be a major exploit if you don't trust your users. however: i suggest keeping the nether gold and iron ore as they don't work properly in MP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/88mlnigqeyucqwx/CustomEMC.cfg

here's what you have to do: get the customEMC mod that was ported to bukkit (here: http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=3491.0)

run the server, then stop it once it's finished.

in the config folder there will be a customemc.cfg

edit this file with any text editor you want (I use notepad++)

add the line: AddEMC 30188,49192

although, for balance reasons, i would really suggest only using "AddEMC 30188,2048" as this is the highest it is actually ever worth. 9 uu-matter make 1 diamond, so you are basically making it severely OP

side note: in your minecraft it won't show an EMC value, but you can still use it in condensers and tablets and everything. the behavior will be kinda glitchy (because your minecraft will be saying it's worth nothing while the server says that it is. the server wins in the end, but your minecraft may be showing the wrong thing)

one last thing: I have a customemc.cfg right here if you want to add quite a few more blocks' EMC values. it has values for all the ores, and this can be a major exploit if you don't trust your users. however: i suggest keeping the nether gold and iron ore as they don't work properly in MP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/88mlnigqeyucqwx/CustomEMC.cfg

You Saved Me THX

I have 1 more question/favor can i do this to ssp? singleplayer

No problem, I like being helpful, as i had this problem before, and nobody would help me. This was going to be my next point: if you want it properly predicted (so it doesn't look all glitchy/so the tooltip telling you the EMC works) you can install the mod into your singleplayer and use the same CFG as the server does. Same basic setup, but you use the client mod from the EE2 thread here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1106178-125-equivalent-exchange-2-v1467/

EAQ (Excessively Asked Questions

How can I add my own EMC values for my other mod items? Is there a config file or something I need to update?

We don't have something like this in right now, but it is something I'm working on in my larger rewrite of the mod. In the meantime pwnedgod has updated his CustomEMC addon for EE2. You can find it here;Client.

Server.

(that server link is only for VANILLA servers. as tekkit runs bukkit, you need to use the port)

direct link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/74796828/Minecraft Uploads/CustomEMC/EECustomEMCv2_Client.zip

simply put that in your minecraft's mod folder, then go into the config folder and put the customEMC.cfg (EDIT: side note: this is a link to my server's config, so every time I change mine, the file changes. I am constantly adding new items, so it may be a good idea to check the file every so often. for instance: I am currently adding potions' emc values)

if you need anymore help, just ask. If you have any questions/comments on my customEMC.cfg, just ask. I have many items already in there, most of them were requested by my server members or I felt they needed one. there are a couple of small and a couple of extreme exploits I left in, because i trust the people in my server. If you don't: remove cobble/stone pipes (you get 8 emc out of 3) and remove the ores (you could constantly macerate, smelt, turn into ore, repeat for infinite ores) except for nether gold and iron, because those don't work in MP

u would have to recode ee and ic2

Why hello there kzxo! I see that you seem to have seen this thread, and only read the first post before writing your incorrect answer. Since ic2 has no emc values in it at all (the emc values it does have come from a calculation in ee with the forge ore dictionary.) you don't have to recode ic. Next: sure, you could do it by flat out modifying ee, but that could cause compatability issues. Really all you need is a modloader mod that defines more emc values to be injected into the table, and the customemc mod lets end users do that without getting down into the java. This problem was already solved before you got here, and it was solved correctly. For future reference, I believe it would be well for you to read the whole thread (or at least the first/last 3 posts) before posting a reply. Thank you

Why hello there kzxo! I see that you seem to have seen this thread, and only read the first post before writing your incorrect answer. Since ic2 has no emc values in it at all (the emc values it does have come from a calculation in ee with the forge ore dictionary.) you don't have to recode ic. Next: sure, you could do it by flat out modifying ee, but that could cause compatability issues. Really all you need is a modloader mod that defines more emc values to be injected into the table, and the customemc mod lets end users do that without getting down into the java. This problem was already solved before you got here, and it was solved correctly. For future reference, I believe it would be well for you to read the whole thread (or at least the first/last 3 posts) before posting a reply. Thank you

thanks for the reply

yes is see that u wouldn't have to recode ic2 after i posted it but it wouldn't let me edit it and i did read the entire post. when i first wrote the message i did it on my iPod and none of the separate boxes came up. there is an even eaiser solution just make a separate a mod add-on altogether.

Kzxo500

ps. i dont like ur smartness

thanks for the reply

yes is see that u wouldn't have to recode ic2 after i posted it but it wouldn't let me edit it and i did read the entire post. when i first wrote the message i did it on my iPod and none of the separate boxes came up. there is an even eaiser solution just make a separate a mod add-on altogether.

Kzxo500

I don't like your lack of capitalization, punctuation, and grammar. It would allow for a better understanding of what you are trying to communicate.

Why are you suggesting that a "separate mod add-on" be created, when one already exists? Or are you actually saying that you are too lazy/"important" to do the calculations of what the items should be worth when it comes to EMC values?

thanks for the reply

Kzxo500

I am sorry for being rude before, I simply absolutely loath people who don't take the time to read through an entire thread (if it's a short one) before posting replies. It pisses me off more when people post INCORRECT answers to already answered questions. furthermore: EE3 (a major rewrite of the mod, it should be the 1.3 update) should have the functionality of calculating EMC values from any mod by looking at the recipes, so the customEMC mod will become obsolete at that point.

I don't like your lack of capitalization, punctuation, and grammar. It would allow for a better understanding of what you are trying to communicate.

Why are you suggesting that a "separate mod add-on" be created, when one already exists? Or are you actually saying that you are too lazy/"important" to do the calculations of what the items should be worth when it comes to EMC values?

I agree that correct grammar would be nice, but it is the internet, you may as well with they would come to your house and give you chocolate cake for everything they've ever mis-spelled, because you probably won't get that either. I also believe you are trying to stretch what has been said a bit far. you are drawing conclusions that are weak at best.