Tunnel Boring Machine?

Frames can have a built-in world anchor pushed along to make it so you don't need to be near it at all times, whereas wireless turtles have a limit of (from memory don't quote me on it) 5 chuncks or so.

Mining bores made from frames are rather complex to build at first but terrific for learning experiences. Turtles are probably faster but again have significant limitations for proper mining (they also require some lua knowledge or extensive tutorials). I'll have a quick look round to see if there is any video tutorials explaining what you need.

Frames can have a built-in world anchor pushed along to make it so you don't need to be near it at all times, whereas wireless turtles have a limit of (from memory don't quote me on it) 5 chuncks or so.

Mining bores made from frames are rather complex to build at first but terrific for learning experiences. Turtles are probably faster but again have significant limitations for proper mining (they also require some lua knowledge or extensive tutorials). I'll have a quick look round to see if there is any video tutorials explaining what you need.

Okay :D

• 3 months later...

Turtles have no limit if they carry their own world anchors with them, and if their programming is all on-board.