Way to leave OS 10.10 users in the hole...

Derpologist

Ok so good job, Calclavia! Gene-ous

Quickly: My computer: Brand new (like 4 days or so) 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display; Core i7 2.5 GHz (4 cores, turbo boost to 4.0GHz). 16GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia GeForce 750m with 2GB GDDR5 memory, and 512GB of PCIe SSD goodness. Dual external monitors through HDMI and MDP, external keyboard and gaming mouse, and the mac not in clamshell mode (open) I have tried this on my dads machine (the exact same, just a bit older) with no external monitors, and it doesn't have any of the issues I'm about to 'showcase'.

Now on to the issue, as you can see my computer is fully capable

Lets put it plainly. Mac OS X now does not function with any of the launcher versions after launcher 2. With the Launcher 3, It just pulls up a windows Saying: Technic Launcher (which is new) and when the bar finishes loading, it says you need to install a Java 7 Runtime Environment, Trust me I have downloaded and installed the exact thing it leads me to at least three times. So I try to go to the latest Launcher, IT MUST BE BETTER, I thought. 

No, even worse

All it says (I've tried it on there different downloads) is: The Application Technic Cannot be opened. Might I add, apps from external developers are allowed on my machine. I have gotten the old launcher to boot once and when I do, I get another hellish move of bad programming. 

I haven't tried volts yet, but this is the Minecraft Wars Pack, found here, on Technic. 

If I can get it to boot (1/20 or so) every ten seconds exactly the framerate tanks from 30FPS to 2. Settings are: Smooth Lighting: off. V-sync: off. Aniscoptic (how ever you spell that ^-^) to off. Render distance: 4 chunks, and brightness to max, and max FPS at 30. Tried it with 60+ and It wouldn't even get there. 

None of these issues happen on my dads machine...this 'aint right.

In the comments, please don't post stupid little things like: Were you in creative, or Was it raining, because I have tried all things like that, so save yourself some time so you don't get carpel tunnel as fast as I do whilst trying to get this thing to work. 

​Don't forget us Mac OS X users, Calclavia 

Ok so good job, Calclavia! Gene-ous

Quickly: My computer: Brand new (like 4 days or so) 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display; Core i7 2.5 GHz (4 cores, turbo boost to 4.0GHz). 16GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia GeForce 750m with 2GB GDDR5 memory, and 512GB of PCIe SSD goodness. Dual external monitors through HDMI and MDP, external keyboard and gaming mouse, and the mac not in clamshell mode (open) I have tried this on my dads machine (the exact same, just a bit older) with no external monitors, and it doesn't have any of the issues I'm about to 'showcase'.

Now on to the issue, as you can see my computer is fully capable

Lets put it plainly. Mac OS X now does not function with any of the launcher versions after launcher 2. With the Launcher 3, It just pulls up a windows Saying: Technic Launcher (which is new) and when the bar finishes loading, it says you need to install a Java 7 Runtime Environment, Trust me I have downloaded and installed the exact thing it leads me to at least three times. So I try to go to the latest Launcher, IT MUST BE BETTER, I thought. 

No, even worse

All it says (I've tried it on there different downloads) is: The Application Technic Cannot be opened. Might I add, apps from external developers are allowed on my machine. I have gotten the old launcher to boot once and when I do, I get another hellish move of bad programming. 

I haven't tried volts yet, but this is the Minecraft Wars Pack, found here, on Technic. 

If I can get it to boot (1/20 or so) every ten seconds exactly the framerate tanks from 30FPS to 2. Settings are: Smooth Lighting: off. V-sync: off. Aniscoptic (how ever you spell that ^-^) to off. Render distance: 4 chunks, and brightness to max, and max FPS at 30. Tried it with 60+ and It wouldn't even get there. 

None of these issues happen on my dads machine...this 'aint right.

In the comments, please don't post stupid little things like: Were you in creative, or Was it raining, because I have tried all things like that, so save yourself some time so you don't get carpel tunnel as fast as I do whilst trying to get this thing to work. 

​Don't forget us Mac OS X users, Calclavia 

Know what you're talking about. I use the exact same MacBook Pro w/ Retina you have (16 GB RAM, GT 750M, etc.) as my daily driver and it pisses me off that Technic's been beta tested for months and this .app issue and others have not been fixed for OS X Yosemite users.

Know what you're talking about. I use the exact same MacBook Pro w/ Retina you have (16 GB RAM, GT 750M, etc.) as my daily driver and it pisses me off that Technic's been beta tested for months and this .app issue and others have not been fixed for OS X Yosemite users.

I think I got it

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572

Download that and install and when I opened the older launcher it told me to open it again, and I did, its currently opening, and I have some other stuff but will be back later. Peace, hope this works!

I think I got it

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572

Download that and install and when I opened the older launcher it told me to open it again, and I did, its currently opening, and I have some other stuff but will be back later. Peace, hope this works!

What version of java are you using?

Could we please get a log from the client?

What build of the client are you using?

Have you tried using the beta builds of the launcher?

I've figured it out. I think

When you download the latest launcher, it shows up as a .app-right click and navigate to more info. Remove the .app to make it a folder. hit enter and close that window, then on your desktop (or wherever the .app was) there will be a folder called technic-Click on this and navigate the following path:

Contents/Java/TechnicLauncher.jar

double click this and the launcher will open. 

If anybody more adept to code a script that opens that, go ahead, It would be something around:

~Users/(user)/Desktop/Technic/Contents/Java/TechnicLauncher.jar

and then an open command. If anybody wants to do a tutorial or a github on that, I would pray on the ground you walk on.

Cheers, Modders. I just solved the equivalent to world hunger for Minecraft. yay!

I've figured it out. I think

When you download the latest launcher, it shows up as a .app-right click and navigate to more info. Remove the .app to make it a folder. hit enter and close that window, then on your desktop (or wherever the .app was) there will be a folder called technic-Click on this and navigate the following path:

Contents/Java/TechnicLauncher.jar

double click this and the launcher will open. 

If anybody more adept to code a script that opens that, go ahead, It would be something around:

~Users/(user)/Desktop/Technic/Contents/Java/TechnicLauncher.jar

and then an open command. If anybody wants to do a tutorial or a github on that, I would pray on the ground you walk on.

Cheers, Modders. I just solved the equivalent to world hunger for Minecraft. yay!

This looks like it worked for me. Frustrating issue! Just bought a new mac mini to save my laptop battery while I play on my tv at home. Was amazed that I couldn't launch the new platform. Hopefully someone will get a better fix eventually, as it'd be awesome to keep technic in my app folder rather than on my desktop :P. But meanwhile, thanks for the fix so I can at least play!