Making A Server - Absolutely Confused

I'm subscribed to Yogscast, and when they started playing with Duncan on the Tekkit server I was motivated to play with a friend of mine. I normally don't host, so I got my friend to download the server and host. I'm not entirely sure what he did, but he couldn't get it to work, so I decided to try it. Downloaded the 3.0.4 server winrar file, and watched a video tutorial as to not be confused. I extracted the files, then hit launch. It didn't work ,so I went to the forums to try and find a solution.

I came across this thread, and followed the instructions up to step 5. They weren't very clear with what to do, and I accidently deleted my entire path. I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to do this until it was too late, so now I just have "C:Program Files\Java\jre7\". I thought it might work, so I tried to run the .exe again and this is what I got: serverissue1.jpg

I see a lot of people with this error; however, I haven't seen anyone provide an answer for this. I do have the latest version of Java. I made sure by downloading it again today, the proper version for my computer, 64bit. I have searched and searched but I can't find a solution anywhere.

Please be detailed in your instructions if you can help. Sorry if this is one of thousands of posts that are the same, but like I said no one has the answer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

That's actually what I was just going to try, to make sure if it would work. Otherwise, no. I'm going to send it to a friend and let him host it whatever way he does. It will only be he and I who play on it, if there's anything that could make it easier to run?

I tried to login and I got "Failed to login: Bad Login" but when my friend tried to connect, he got in just fine.

If it says Failed to login: bad login it means you have not got the paid version of minecraft. You gotta go to server properties and open it with notepad. Change the online mode=true to online mode=false.