How dark is the Technic forum user?

Munaus

• Moderators

We have all been more or less fascinated by the dark side, the reasons vary:

No friends in school, you hate your parents, you got acne and so on...

Why doesnt interest me. What is more interesting.

Exactly what have you been studying and researching in the deepest and darkest corners of the internet. Vampires, Demons, anything-on-the-bible-that-wasnt-discussed-in-sunday-school or anything that our rich history has to offer.

For me it was Werewolves, after i saw The Wolf with jack nicholson. Marvelous and scary back in the day, and when my mother forced me early to bed "so you wont get any nightmares" i knew i had to find out more about these beasts.

I dont have the link anymore, but i was sad to find out that the "first" werewolf was just a pervert with facial hair problem who slept out in the wild and who raped and killed children.

He was later captured, tortured and killed together with dozens of wolves.

Yeah, i know. WTF did those wolves deserve that?

• Moderators

I think it's just you.

If we ever meet, remind me to bring some Nitrogen to induce amnesia in myself.

EDIT : I meant Hydrogen Cyanide.

Oh come on Darth, you telling me you never studied the occult?

Not even when taking that name from star wars?

That was just because some asswipe had stolen TheMoogle on Xbox, and I've stuck with this since.

The supernatural makes me laugh.

Why?

Because why do we have to fantasise about these things, when what we have around us already is unbelievably complex and fascinating?

Take for example this.

Take a friend and stand them in front of you with their eyes closed.

Slowly edge your hand closer and closer toward their head, and they will fall over.

What's a more incredible explanation? We have 'energy fields/auras' that can be disturbed, or that fact that we can sense minute changes in pressure,

and the fact that the change in pressure between your hand and their head makes them instinctively lean forward, without them knowing they are going off balance?

When i was a teenager is was into all the silly witchy-poo thjings that all the gothy outcast loner teens try out. Then i discovered !!science!!. Did you know that Ethanol burns at 55 degrees Fahrenheit? And also, water wont put it out. Neither will the majority of fire-retardant foams employed in the U.S.

basically what i'm saying is that however dark your imagination can be, however evil the superstitious fantastical creatures you read about may be, one nasty human being with a little creativity and access to a highschool level chemistry set will blow it right out of the water.

• Moderators

When i was a teenager is was into all the silly witchy-poo thjings that all the gothy outcast loner teens try out.

Awww... I knew you had been a gothic girl before.. :D

The Occult and science goes alot hand in hand with eachother through history. A dark heretic using basic chemistry know-how to induce his followers, tricking them to believe they've seen demons dancing infront of them. Magicians today using mirrors and what-not to trick the audience that an elephant has vanished from stage.

The Aztecs epic builds and creations, yet believing they must sacrifice humans to appeal their gods.

I acknowlegde the amazing things science has given us, but that doesnt hinder my curiosity about the darkness that surrounded our forefathers hundreds or thousands of years ago.

I was once the typical skinny goth girl who hated everything and everyone. Then I discovered real life and became a skinny survivalist / cold war fetishist horror writer. So life pretty much got much better once I graduated. Never fucked around with the bullshit 'magic' though, it's mostly lies and historical misinterpretations mixed with a big dose of paranoid schizophrenia and idiocy.

• Moderators

LOOK OUT GUYS, WE'VE GOT A REAL WIZARD AROUND HERE

But no, really, is it any good? Worth getting into?

Depends, i personally like the special effects and effort to make it "look real".

however, my brother thinks that those 2 brothers are gay.

its all about personal taste, i try not to focus on the drama of it.

• Forum Administrators

LOOK OUT GUYS, WE'VE GOT A REAL WIZARD AROUND HERE

But no, really, is it any good? Worth getting into?

Its a great show. It has a well written storyline (at least the first couple seasons) and the acting is great. The characters really sell themselves. Lots of humor and the show doesn't take itself too seriously. Give the first couple episodes a shot. I love it.

edit: I am a wizard though

I've never cared much about the occult and all that nonsense. I've absorbed some information about it in passing, but not anything more than any other subject that I don't particularly care about. that's still an ok amount, as I love learning new things pretty much no matter what those things are, but I have no real interest.

funny story about it though, I once had a guy in highschool threaten to sic his witch coven friends on me and magically paralyze me overnight. I showed up to school the next day and laughed at him.

Only reason I care about occult is that for me it's incredibly funny to see how stupid things people can believe in.

I don't believe in supernatural things. I accept there are things science can't explain yet but vast majorty of the stuff people think to be supernatural are really very well known, just not for them. I also agree with Jay?, science is awesome. It's way more awesome to figure out why and how things work than to shrug and say "dunno".

As for "dark side", several months ago I decided to look deeper into the teachings and doings of the mainstream religions. After two days of research I had to stop as I was getting really close to falling into deep depression. The horrific things I found hit me really hard and it took me several weeks to get over it.

• Moderators

Yeah, this thread didnt go as well as i hoped. I was hoping for conversations like:

Ive studied about vampires!!! did you know that Count Draco was a real person?

or

I love the myth surrounding Lucifer! not the crap that massmedia throws out of a red guy with goat head and horns and tail, but the fallen angel theme! Supernatural portrayed him best!

or

I love Nostradamus prophecy! What do you guys think, the real deal or what?

Sadly i put this thread among grown adults...

Perhaps if i posted this in MCF? But its hard to understand the language in there.

Oh, tell us about it.

I'm sorry I shat in here earlier, but my point remains valid and personal.

The supernatural is going out of fashion because we are coming to terms with the fact that the real world is seriously weird and awe-inspiring anyway :D

Bloody tesseracts get me every time. And aphids are freaky, too.

• Moderators

This thread isnt "How dark is Munaus", that would be ego-ish and boring to talk about.

But just so you know, i blame this thread's downfall on you.

Seriously, of all the combinations that you could make with Moogle and you chose Darth.

You must had some dark secret subconscious mind telling you you needed a "dark name".

Or else you could had chosen SkyMoogle, WalkerMoogle, JarJarMoogle or heck even ScienceMoogle just to leave star wars out of it.