Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

​ That's a fair enough stance, I suppose. I can certainly see where you're coming from. (Gator is an abomination, that goes without saying.)

For me personally, coupled with 2-factor auth on both my lastpass and main email accounts, the benefits, (convenience, along with enabling me to use 12-20 character passwords made of random garbage on every site), outweigh the risks. I was contemplating maybe even adding a yubikey into the mix.

What do you use? Keypass?

Memory. I used to be a webmaster for an ISP, so remembering 16+ character passwords of pure gibberish on a dozen different systems was a job requirement.

Memory. I used to be a webmaster for an ISP, so remembering 16+ character passwords of pure gibberish on a dozen different systems was a job requirement.

Whelp, I guess you win. I have no witty response to that other than to point out that... uh... I.... can't.. do that? So yeah, I'm stuck with lastpass then, I suppose.

It's not like I'm jealous or anything, baka.

back on the fallout demo, did you guys notice that you can bitch-slap someone with a pistol? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5H7Qq8quKg at 10:03 - 10:05

did you notice you can also fire teddy bears out of rocket launchers? that was the best thing for me. ​

​considering i can't walk 5 feet into a walk in cooler and grab what i need without forgetting something(s)...i give mad props to you mate. 

Oh my memory is pure shit.

Honestly. I only know about half the names of the people I've been working with daily for nearly 10 years now. My office is only 50 people.

The only good memory recall I have is for movies (which is a family thing, we quote movies and demand the source from eachother daily) and music.

And that's the key for me. Literally. I tend to have a song in my head at all times, so I just type the password out to the beat and memorize it that way.

Oh my memory is pure ***.

Honestly. I only know about half the names of the people I've been working with daily for nearly 10 years now. My office is only 50 people.

The only good memory recall I have is for movies (which is a family thing, we quote movies and demand the source from eachother daily) and music.

And that's the key for me. Literally. I tend to have a song in my head at all times, so I just type the password out to the beat and memorize it that way.

​Interesting. I find it easier to remember passwords, (well, numbers, at least), when I type them out on a ten-key pad or a phone dialer. Then I just remember the "shape" of the number. That, or I can do it audibly, remembering what each character sounds like when spelled out together.

I wonder what other ways people remember their passwords. Pity we don't really have any good system to remember them by smell...

I'm going to upgrade my graphics card.  How does this look? 

I wanted to get a Sapphire, but it's too long so this is my backup.  It's possible the very tip will fit into the empty drive bays, but I don't want to risk it.

Edited by dwwojcik

I wanted to get a Sapphire, but it's too long so this is my backup.  It's possible the very tip will fit into the empty drive bays, but I don't want to risk it.

Oh that is a pretty little thang. My brother has one in his new machine and he's actually annoyed at how detailed the ultra-high settings in GTA V are. Too distracting.

​Well they did just announce the R7/R9 300 series at E3. Give it some time and the price may come down a bit.

did you notice you can also fire teddy bears out of rocket launchers? that was the best thing for me. ​

​The Rock-it launcher was a thing already in Fallout 3, firing whatever crap you got your hands on. Always fun to kill someone by pelting them with stacks of dollar bills.

I'm interested in how they're gonna use it with the interesting modding system they have. Will I be able to snipe/shotgun/gatling fire pencils, teddies and random scrap? Will I finally be able to launch grenades with the thing? So very many questions.

• Moderators

​that was a thing already on Fallout 3, the scrap-bazooka that you had to build

​Interesting. I find it easier to remember passwords, (well, numbers, at least), when I type them out on a ten-key pad or a phone dialer. Then I just remember the "shape" of the number. That, or I can do it audibly, remembering what each character sounds like when spelled out together.

I wonder what other ways people remember their passwords. Pity we don't really have any good system to remember them by smell...

​It seems weird to say I "want" to have a mental disorder, but for what it's worth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

Also, there's this: https://xkcd.com/936/

Edited by AdamHovorka

I'd have to agree with Neowulf and say you should wait.

​AMD's new cards are coming out *really* quickly. EG: a lot of them, (the R9 and R7s, particularly), come out :siren: literally tomorrow. :siren:

Apparently the R9 390 will be ~$329, and the R9 390X will be ~$429

If they don't fit, you could just go with the redonkulously tiny-looking R9 Nano, which is supposed to be better than the 290 anyways.

Regardless, like Neowulf already mentioned, it'll push prices down for last-gen cards.

Sooo... yeah. I'd wait.

:pcgaming:

​It seems weird to say I "want" to have a mental disorder, but for what it's worth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

Also, there's this: https://xkcd.com/936/

​I've thought about what that would be like too. I have to wonder if it would make life easier or harder.

Edited by TheBytemaster

Oh that is a pretty little thang. My brother has one in his new machine and he's actually annoyed at how detailed the ultra-high settings in GTA V are. Too distracting.

​Well they did just announce the R7/R9 300 series at E3. Give it some time and the price may come down a bit.

I'd have to agree with Neowulf and say you should wait.

​AMD's new cards are coming out *really* quickly. EG: a lot of them, (the R9 and R7s, particularly), come out :siren: literally tomorrow. :siren:

Apparently the R9 390 will be ~$329, and the R9 390X will be ~$429

If they don't fit, you could just go with the redonkulously tiny-looking R9 Nano, which is supposed to be better than the 290 anyways.

Regardless, like Neowulf already mentioned, it'll push prices down for last-gen cards.

Sooo... yeah. I'd wait.

​This is my waiting. :P 

I waited till now to see if any of AMD's new offerings were competitive with their old ones, but they aren't really.  The 290X is a way better value than the 390(x) as you might expect considering it's old card price vs new card price.  I'm not sure double the vRAM and a higher base clock is worth shelling out an extra hundred bucks for the 390X over the 290X.  I can't wait a few months for the prices to come down, since I've promised my current 280X to my cousin.  He's on a tight budget and it's the only way he'll be able to get a PC as good as the one he's planning on.

Hmm.  On the other hand, I did just get a load of graduation money, so either way it'll be basically free.  And, you know, 8GB and a higher base clock isn't too bad, as well as presumably better support further into the future...

I doubt 2XX series prices are going to go down further, if anything they're going to go up since they'll stop making them and supplies will run out.

At any rate I can wait till tomorrow when the cards (along with the reviews and benchmarks) come out.

Oh, and I have an ATX Mid case.  There's a little over 11 inches of clearance for the graphics card, which is plenty.  It's just that the Sapphire 290X was a little over 12 inches long since it had 3 fans.

Ohhhh, I didn't notice you were looking at the 290X as opposed to just the standard 290. Now your idea makes a little more sense.

It'll be interesting to see how the new cards shake out though, that's for sure. I'm not actually in the market for a card right now, and when I am, I'll have to get an Nvidia one for an egpu setup anyways, but it's still cool to watch.

​that was a thing already on Fallout 3, the scrap-bazooka that you had to build

​you know i was just getting hyped for fallout 4 being my first and you guys just had to go and ruin it for me. what are you guys the internet? 

in other news my GPU died yesterday (or was it 2 days ago?). screen kept flashing like it was a fucking seizure inducting police car or something. had to take it out and now i get the glory of running with my APU instead...

good old warrenty though always got my back  

Ok new plan how about a 390?  Or maybe this one?  Which brand would you recommend?

:siren: EDIT :siren: I'm going with the Gigabyte.  It's cheaper and comes with a backplate.

Sapphire's card is once again too long.  Other than that, and the fact that a 750W PSU is reccomended (I have just 600W), it's perfect.  Oh well, maybe for my next computer.

Edited by dwwojcik

So, today my GPS decided to fall off of my windshield. And hit my shifter. And somehow shift my car into neutral.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think that is supposed to be possible.

​is your car ok?   you don't park your car on a hill do you? 

i suppose anything is possible really....