Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

http://www.funforrest.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/nsa-cinnamon-toast-crunch.jpg

sorry we are such horrible people eh? 

just don't let her know what ANYONE can do if they know how to use google 

Fun fact: Whenever she votes for So You Think You Can Dance, she never uses the much easier website to do it because it requires she put it her facebook. Instead she texts in her twenty votes one by one.

Hey nerds, come hang out and watch me fry my GPU while I try and find out how far I can push it. (I found a new tool to use.)

http://www.twitch.tv/thebytemaster

EDIT: Nevermind, the way I had OBS set up, it was eating over half my cpu. I'll have to try again some other time with a more efficient method.

Edited by TheBytemaster

Fun fact: Whenever she votes for So You Think You Can Dance, she never uses the much easier website to do it because it requires she put it her facebook. Instead she texts in her twenty votes one by one.

because that totally doesn't reveal were your location is

because that totally doesn't reveal were your location is

Because facebook doesn't already have that anyways.

Of course, they now have a phone number, and can use that to find lots of data anyways if they feel like it. (This is a large part of why all those store "rewards cards" require you to give them your email and phone number, it lets you and their advertising partners identify you easily.)

I guess you could use a burner phone or for things like that if you wanted to go to extremes. (At least, assuming your mom is after data privacy instead of just not wanting her friends on facebook to see that she votes on "So You Think You Can Dance".)

EDIT: Apparently adding a 700mhz overclock to my 810mhz card is officially too much. (Instant system hang.) ~+500mhz is stable, but has heat issues. Regardless, I don't think I'm going to bother with laptop gpu overclocking any more, not worth the potential wear-and-tear long-term.

But hey, at least I had some fun and didn't break anything.

Has anyone else here ever done any overclocking?

Edited by TheBytemaster

Because facebook doesn't already have that anyways.

Of course, they now have a phone number, and can use that to find lots of data anyways if they feel like it. (This is a large part of why all those store "rewards cards" require you to give them your email and phone number, it lets you and their advertising partners identify you easily.)

I guess you could use a burner phone or for things like that if you wanted to go to extremes. (At least, assuming your mom is after data privacy instead of just not wanting her friends on facebook to see that she votes on "So You Think You Can Dance".)

EDIT: Apparently adding a 700mhz overclock to my 810mhz card is officially too much. (Instant system hang.) ~+500mhz is stable, but has heat issues. Regardless, I don't think I'm going to bother with laptop gpu overclocking any more, not worth the potential wear-and-tear long-term.

But hey, at least I had some fun and didn't break anything.

Has anyone else here ever done any overclocking?

friend of mine did, he didn't break anything and was able to solve heat buy buying one of those cooling mats for his laptop 

i was going to....but when your crappy laptop only has ~100mb or so of Vram....there isn't much to overclock....

EDIT: i keep a pre-paid credit card that i use for me fishy looking purchases (or i just don't want to inout my credit card into a box) if the need comes to past. 

also, i've been up cause of this 

Capture.PNG

Edited by holymage!

100 megabytes!?!  I'm surprised that can even run Windows!

Whatever he has, it probably borrows extra memory from the main RAM, like my old 256, (Or was it 128?), megabyte laptop graphics chip did.

Granted, it's a lot slower, but it works. Kind of like disk vRAM caching.

100 megabytes!?!  I'm surprised that can even run Windows!

that was the dedicated Vram....it has 4gbs of total ram.....idk how much i couldn't watch streams on high or source though....that was it's breaking point....

we are talking about a machine that can't run FTL at 60 FPS....yes its that bad. i'm surprised i got 5-10 fps in BL2 ;) 

I am totally lost, but I assume your bushes are somehow digital. But surely the pencil brush would just be called a pencil? :<

And no, I don't have any idea what I'm talking about.

Would it be possible to make a pencil airbrush brush?

(Jokes aside, the pencil one does look rather nice. If I had manga studio 5 I'd try it.)

I AM ERROR.

Yeah, I've been getting that for a while on mine. I wonder if this is for the same reason the old KJ thread got killed?

Kitty Jail got killed for having too many posts in it.
You've a few posts fewer than I do, so unless mine isn't visible to you, it isn't post count. Maybe your profile's been vandalized a bit too much by random messages left by other members of the forums? It would be the only explanation I could think of, that would make you stand out from me. (I'm not popular enough to get spammed at on my profile. :()

EDIT:

1) Happy birthday to me!

2) When are we finally getting that Hogwarts video game?
Not a Harry Potter game, but a Hogwarts game.

You're a pupil, and you'll go to school, and classes, and you'll be able to have some adventures. And you'll be able to go the full seven years, and you won't be able to ace school. Your stats would artificially boost the difficulty of certain classes (but never make them easier. You're at school to learn, and learn you will!), so it'd actually be a bit more realistic. Nobody's good at everything! And your results would matter, too! At the end of the seven years, you'll receive your grades and diploma, and you'll be able to apply for jobs! And depending on your grades, you might get accepted for them. Or turned down! You'll have to live with how well you did at school!
Did I study? Did I pay attention in class? Great! You'll have aced one or two classes, and probably passed them all.
Did I spend a lot of time having adventures? Did that tire me out, so I flunked some tests?
Will I be able to apply for a job as Auror? Or will I be a lowly... magical tailor? (I don't know... what's a shitty wizarding job? :P)

Sort of like the game Bully, but then all magical, and a little bit different!
And don't have it set during the seven years Harry went there. Because then it'd just be another Harry Potter game. At best, have it set during Albus Potter's time there, but make it about the player. Actually the player.

Somebody, please get on that! Like, steal the idea! Take full credit, I don't care! I'll know it was me when I'm playing, and I'm okay with it. Just let me play this game!

Edited by Melfice