Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

Okay, here's something interesting, if I click on my notification I got from Melfice commenting on my status, and then click on the "see all status updates by TheBytemaster" link, I can get to my profile page without any errors. It's when I try to click on the Activity Feed tab that it errors out. So the problem is likely in there. (The "About Me" tab works fine too.)

Okay, here's something interesting, if I click on my notification I got from Melfice commenting on my status, and then click on the "see all status updates by TheBytemaster" link, I can get to my profile page without any errors. It's when I try to click on the Activity Feed tab that it errors out. So the problem is likely in there. (The "About Me" tab works fine too.)

Faulty URL?

Technically, it's not a requirement, but with an Nvidia card, I can get apparently get something like 20-30% more oomph out of the limited bandwidth with their Optimus compression. If AMD had something similar, I'd get a 380 in a heartbeat.

But yeah, at some point in the future, I'll probably end up building a desktop and slapping that in it. I can re-use 3/4 of the parts that will go into the eGPU in a desktop, and I can probably sell the last one for a reasonable amount.

I think what I'll do is wait and see if I can get in on that Microcenter $230 GTX 980 crazyness if they do it again; failing that, I'll try and grab a 970 on a good sale come cyber monday. Or a 960 if there's a really good sale.

Yeah definitely go for a 970 then, it's really quite a jump over the 960, and (nearly, lol) double the vRAM.  I can imagine only 2GB being a limitation not too far in the future.

Ahem.

"First DX12 gaming benchmark shows R9 290X going toe-to-toe with a GTX 980 Ti."

*Ars Technica Link*

:psyexplode:

*double post because I can't edit for whatever reason*

Granted, this might have been unoptimized drivers on Nvidia's part, (although, to be fair, when was the last time AMD had better drivers than Nvidia?) but still, the performance jump for AMD is interes-ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

*triple post* Woah, the forums merge consecutive posts now? That's snazzy.

Is this the Long War mod? I've been thinking about getting it since I just finished another runthrough of Enemy Within

yes this is the long war mod....with a bunch of ini tweeks, 

the devs have made it so that alot of things that are in the mod and be modded (insert meme here) from the aliens research to how much cash you start with. 

even on the lowest difficulty though its a significant jump in challenge from vanilla  

this is well into like my second year...if you want to read up on all the things there is a wiki for it here 

EDIT: if you want some youtuber to learn off of then Beaglerush does ironman impossible runs of longwar. he is a little insane i know...

EDIT2: cut out a random screenshot that the forums seem to have liked on my hard drive? 

Edited by holymage!

So here's a question, why don't we make ethanol out of grass?

Tons of people already grow it, (some take care of it better than their own car), and then throw away all of their clippings. You could offer a free grass clipping removal service, and I'm sure tons of people would happily give you their clippings. You'd take some of the pressure off of corn prices too.

Plus, it comes with it's own built-in marketing shtick. You could call it...

grassoline.

(No, I'm not actually serious, I just wanted to make that joke.)

Tons of people already grow it, (some take care of it better than their own car), and then throw away all of their clippings. You could offer a free grass clipping removal service, and I'm sure tons of people would happily give you their clippings. You'd take some of the pressure off of corn prices too.

grassoline.

i hope hope you don't mind me screen shorting that. 

I wonder if you could legit do yhis though...any here sell there soul to a oil company? 

Well, I'm surprised. That's actually not ridiculous, like I assumed it would be. Potentially far better than corn ethanol, interesting.

So is anyone here good with codes?  What does

QmlnIFJlYWN0b3JzLCBTb2xhciBGbHV4IGFuZCBaZXR0YSBJbmR1c3RyaWVz

mean?

Whatever it is, it's likely encrypted with something that's too strong to easily break. It's not a common hash type, at any rate.

Anyways, there's a good end-of-summer sale on the Humble store right now, lots of good discounts.

Edited by TheBytemaster

grassoline.

You wouldn't make any money collecting grass and making it into fuel, since you would probably burn more fuel collecting the grass than you could produce from it. And then there's wages, maintenance etc. And if you just grow grass on a field you'd earn more selling it as feed to farmers. Grass isn't a good source for biomass, trees (or people :devil:) are much better.

However, if you could make a small, affordable machine that turns biomass into fuel for home users, you could probably earn a bit selling it to eco-people who won't do the math on how much fuel they'd have to produce to offset the CO2 cost of the machine itself.

Actually, I'm fairly certain such machines exist already, at least privately made ones.

help, I accidentally downloaded LMMS and started making crap Touhou remixes how do I stop

Seriously though, LMMS is kinda nice, especially for, ya know, not costing an arm and a leg and your brother's entire body.

Are you transmuting music? Well, as long as you don't try to resurrect any dead beats you should be OK.

Beware of the Homusiculi, though.

Edited by Kocken926
Fookin' hyperlink not working

Are you transmuting music? Well, as long as you don't try to resurrect any dead beats you should be OK.

Beware of the Homusiculi, though.

Wait, what's the equivalent exchange for a half-decent piece of music? Can I just film a bunch of mediocre let's-plays and trade them all in at once?

In hindsight, maybe the phrasing, "put their entire soul into their music" is more literal than we thought.

WAIT: This explains everything. This is why pop stars burn themselves out so fast, (Bieber, Miley, et al.) They literally have no soul left. The ones that manage to stay sane are the ones who actually had talent to begin with and never had to resort to alchemy IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

Oh hey, the Chinese spam is new.

Edited by TheBytemaster

Wait, what's the equivalent exchange for a half-decent piece of music? Can I just film a bunch of mediocre let's-plays and trade them all in at once?

In hindsight, maybe the phrasing, "put their entire soul into their music" is more literal than we thought.

WAIT: This explains everything. This is why pop stars burn themselves out so fast, (Bieber, Miley, et al.) They literally have no soul left. The ones that manage to stay sane are the ones who actually had talent to begin with and never had to resort to alchemy IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

I can't think of a Bieber song that would be worth a soul. Judging from different news stories, I think he just traded in part of his brain.