Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

That wouldn't explain the Rolling Stones, though.

Last I heard, they're still kicking, even though they all look like walking corpses. Same with Steven Tyler.
Maybe they had a more benevolent deal with the devil?

They embody fractured philosophers' stones, made from the souls of hundreds of innocent? I'm having a hard time keeping the FMA ball rolling.rolling. rolling on the riveeeer

In other news, Windows seem to be intent to fuck everyone over, not just those that installed windows 10. They force user-tracking updates on W7 and W8  users.

Perhaps it's time to cram a penguin onto my hard drive and make it drunk enough to think it can run games designed for windows.

They embody fractured philosophers' stones, made from the souls of hundreds of innocent? I'm having a hard time keeping the FMA ball rolling.rolling. rolling on the riveeeer

In other news, Windows seem to be intent to fuck everyone over, not just those that installed windows 10. They force user-tracking updates on W7 and W8  users.

Perhaps it's time to cram a penguin onto my hard drive and make it drunk enough to think it can run games designed for windows.

Bbo-vTTCQAAnV1e.jpg

and since mac supports windows you could put an apple in the mouth of that penguin to! 

holy mother

100% to hit, not 100% to work. Or something like that.

its a (stupid) rounding bug, since xcom is programmed to say 99.99% it rounds, in this case it rounds up, displaying 100% but taking the 99.99% into its RNG-seed, shenanigans. which isn't the worst thing

the worst thing is missing it TWICE! yes...i have the best luck i know. 

no one died though, i just ended up using suppression instead....turns out floaters get scared when you bomard them with psi attacks and ionized plasma...who would have thought eh?  

tdlr that's xcom baby. 

Edited by holymage!

(Original Pokemon Games)

"When you used an attack in Gen 1, this is the process the game goes through, in the order the game goes through it.

Sleep check
Freeze check
Hyper Beam check
Attack is executed
Disable check
Confusion check
Paralysis check
Attack succeeded in being used
Deduct PP
Did the attack miss?
Damage calculation
Perform effect of attack
Substitute
Critical hit/type effectiveness message
Check if opponent faints
Rage check
End of turn
HP loss due to poison/burn
HP loss due to Leech Seed
Flinch check (for opponent if attacker struck first)

Amongst the things that have changed since then were accuracy rates. For instance, Thunderbolt had 95 BP, 15 PP, and 255 Accuracy. Thunder had 120 BP, 10 PP, and 178 Accuracy. Accuracy was a X/256 chance of hitting, performed during the "Did the attack miss" step in turn calculations.

Swift, although having 255 Accuracy, completely skips that calculation altogether. If it didn't, it would be impossible for Swift to hit Flying/Underground opponents because Flying/Underground status causes a "multiply by 0" to occur at the accuracy calculation step.

Oh, and something else ***ed up: Bide did the same thing. That's right, Bide skipped the accuracy check and always hit without fail.

Technically, Transform counts, but it's not a damaging move."

Oh, and also:

"Focus Energy is supposed to raise your critical hit rate 25%. Except that they did it wrong and instead of multiplying it divides and makes your crit rate DROP."

This is a good read: http://lparchive.org/Pokemon-Blue/code.html

Edited by TheBytemaster
Formatting

From "University Physics with Modern Physics" by H. Young and R. Freedman:

"The superhero Green Lantern steps from the top of a tall building.
He falls freely from rest to the ground, falling half the total distance
to the ground during the last 1.00 s of his fall. What is the
height h of the building?"

Why use Green Lantern as an example, when you could just as easily have used, say, a tangerine? Cuz now I'm wondering why Green Lantern faceplanted off a building, and it's distracting me so much that I am making this post instead of studying! Also, why is it that all our books that are in english come in half a billion different editions?

Fucking academy-studies, man. They're weird.

From "University Physics with Modern Physics" by H. Young and R. Freedman:

"The superhero Green Lantern steps from the top of a tall building.
He falls freely from rest to the ground, falling half the total distance
to the ground during the last 1.00 s of his fall. What is the
height h of the building?"

Why use Green Lantern as an example, when you could just as easily have used, say, a tangerine? Cuz now I'm wondering why Green Lantern faceplanted off a building, and it's distracting me so much that I am making this post instead of studying! Also, why is it that all our books that are in english come in half a billion different editions?

Fucking academy-studies, man. They're weird.

if it takes you 1 second to fall half the height of the building in a freefall then that means the building is 2 times 9.8m/s^2 (the speed of gravity on earth) which is like 20....20m doesn't seem all the big considering a large foot step is around 1m.... 

as for editions, think of them as a build for a program, nothing is perfect in 1.0 so you end up with version 8.0 (because making a 7.5 would cost them to much to print) because things change and spelling gets corrected. 

Edited by holymage!

if it takes you 1 second to fall half the height of the building in a freefall then that means the building is 2 times 9.8m/s^2 (the speed of gravity on earth) which is like 20....20m doesn't seem all the big considering a large foot step is around 1m.... 

as for editions, think of them as a build for a program, nothing is perfect in 1.0 so you end up with version 8.0 (because making a 7.5 would cost them to much to print) because things change and spelling gets corrected.  because your instructor wrote the book and changed 4 paragraphs so that you would have to buy it new and give him money instead of buying it used.

FTFY

20m is enough to kill you, and 9.8m/s^2 is the acceleration, not the "speed".

.FTFY

If this was true the book wouldn't be in english, but that principle would explain why our professor said we could use books 3 editions older and it wouldn't matter.

Edited by Kocken926

20m is enough to kill you, and 9.8m/s^2 is the acceleration, not the "speed".

If this was true the book wouldn't be in english, but that principle would explain why our professor said we could use books 3 editions older and it wouldn't matter.

it is the acceleration....i typed that at some unholy hour of the night....

20m is enough to kill you for sure, depending on what you land on and how you land on it....but i think that is overthinking the question. 

Edited by holymage!

• Moderators

been working on a 1.6.4 pack for myself and adding mods one by one and testing it for 2 days. Now I'm halted, because a single mod Blood magic needs the Guide Api for me to acquire its ingame books.

and that api is only for 1.7+ and up.....

uuuggghhhh.....!

Now I either need to redo the whole pack or dump that mod for a different magic mod.

decisions, decisions...:psyduck:

been working on a 1.6.4 pack for myself and adding mods one by one and testing it for 2 days. Now I'm halted, because a single mod Blood magic needs the Guide Api for me to acquire its ingame books.

and that api is only for 1.7+ and up.....

uuuggghhhh.....!

Now I either need to redo the whole pack or dump that mod for a different magic mod.

decisions, decisions...:psyduck:

Ooh, what else is in it? I've wanted something new to try out, but my laptop can't handle Blightfall. (Apparently an i7 2620m isn't oomph-ey enough to handle the ungodly amounts of taint on the map.)

Edited by TheBytemaster

• Moderators

a list of mods I initially looked at and installed with no issues

Ancient Warfare
doggytalents
dragonmounts
petbat
legendarybosses
metallurgy
guards
coral reefs
twilight forest
fossil & archeology
chococraft
journey map
better dungeons

but once I came to blood magic that was at 1.6.4, but the API was for 1.7 and 1.8 I started to look over the other mods and to my grief I saw this:

bloodmoon 1.8
better farming 1.6.2 
alchemyplusplus 1.6.4
guards 1.6.4
legendary bosses 1.6.4

so I can kiss these mods goodbye if I wanted a 1.7.1 pack.

the full pack would have looked like this:

Ancient Warfare
doggytalents
dragonmounts
petbat
legendarybosses
metallurgy
guards
coral reefs
twilight forest
fossil & archeology
chococraft
better dungeons
better farming
antique atlas (replacing journey map)
enchanting plus
mine & blade battlegear
dynamic sword skills
bloodmagic
roguelike dungeons
mariculture
aquatic abyss
aquaculture
better storage
infernal mobs
village tavern

this was roughly where I was aiming. perhaps with one more food mod. maybe one more magic mod.

but now I'm stuck.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1600€ For a 144Hz 24" display, and a prebuilt computer with an i5, GTX970, 1TB HDD and a 120GB SSD?

When I badly add up the costs of the indiidual components I go past the asking price for the build. I might actually get this one. Any reason I shouldn't? How long will a 970 keep me swimming in the mainstream if video games?

Edited by Kocken926

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1600€ For a 144Hz 24" display, and a prebuilt computer with an i5, GTX970, 1TB HDD and a 120GB SSD?

When I badly add up the costs of the indiidual components I go past the asking price for the build. I might actually get this one. Any reason I shouldn't? How long will a 970 keep me swimming in the mainstream if video games?

That is pretty good.  That i5 and 970 are well balanced which is all too rare for a prebuilt, even gaming ones.  The 970 is very powerful (although DX12 won't be as good for current Nvidia cards as it will for AMD's, but widespread DX12 adoption is still several years off anyhow) aside from the obligatory 3.5 out of 4.  I say go for it.

That's terrible.  Definitely not a better deal.  It may have a hexa-core i7, which is good although definitely overkill for gaming, but it comes with a GTX950.  Definitely very poorly balanced, and not favorable for games at all.  And on top of that it comes with only a SSD with no additional HDD, there's no Wireless Internet, no monitor, and not even Windows.  Adding all the options to match the Acer brings the total to 2120.70€. 

• Moderators

the good thing about multitronic is that they have very selective parts that fits the whole packaged you order.  you can't order something at the wrong size with them

you're right about the Hdd, I didn't see that. I only briefly glanced at the catalogue and by adding the screen alone I thought the cost was smaller than Kocken's offer

Well, for when you're building a PC yourself, PCpartpicker.com has a compatibility/dimensions check, so maybe you aren't guaranteed to have no problems, you can still be very sure.  The risk is worth it imo to avoid the markup.  And I'm pretty sure Acer checks all of their dimensions as well. :P