Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

Right now running a game of forum Werewolf on FTB Forums using custom rules I came up with; I'm having far too much fun at what's going on. Two of the three power players eliminated at Day 1, and everyone's trying to determine if the third is even on their team. Which is amusing since he's on a third team...

Well, for when you're building a PC yourself, PCpartpicker.com has a compatibility/dimensions check, so maybe you aren't guaranteed to have no problems, you can still be very sure.  The risk is worth it imo to avoid the markup.  And I'm pretty sure Acer checks all of their dimensions as well. :P

Or you could just buy a massive full-tower case and not care.

Edited by TheBytemaster

That is pretty good.  That i5 and 970 are well balanced which is all too rare for a prebuilt, even gaming ones.  The 970 is very powerful (although DX12 won't be as good for current Nvidia cards as it will for AMD's, but widespread DX12 adoption is still several years off anyhow) aside from the obligatory 3.5 out of 4.  I say go for it.

Thanks for the advice! So if the cost seems acceptable for those parts my only concern would be with heating/noise (and power, the supply seems kinda meh), but I guess I'll just put all that on trusting that Acer won't sell a build that only barely works.

Btw, my current apartments' sockets aren't grounded, should I buy a surge protecting thingamajig?

Right now [...] on FTB Forums

FTB Forums?  Traitor!

Thanks for the advice! So if the cost seems acceptable for those parts my only concern would be with heating/noise (and power, the supply seems kinda meh), but I guess I'll just put all that on trusting that Acer won't sell a build that only barely works.

Btw, my current apartments' sockets aren't grounded, should I buy a surge protecting thingamajig?

500 watts should be plenty.  The power supply is probably not that great of quality, and there's not really any headroom for upgrades, but it's a prebuilt, so you probably won't be doing much upgrading anyway.  And a surge protector would definitely be a good idea.

FTB Forums?  Traitor!

Hey, it's friggin' slow here. You can come on over and try your brains against Pyure, Shazam08, or VikeStep in the next game of Werewolf. Total upset right now, I thought it was gonna end tonight.

are there any mods that needs the oil lakes that Artifice spawns? I only remember IC2 needing it

I don't have any tech mods, so I see no point in having them

Buildcraft, I believe, also uses oil to create fuel.
Don't know what else.
But, seeing as you don't have tech mods...

I..uh..might not use these forums for anything other than the KJ and Soupas (fan?) art thread. (which is somehow on 56 pages now?)

I do vastly prefer the Technic Launcher+platform, though. At most I've only had to wait for the US to go to bed before downloading, and even that is only when something new and snazzy launches.

Btw, how old is the whole Ugg boot thing by now?

My prediction; spells for getting rid of spambots. It's brilliant, really. The advertisement itself would create a need for the product.

Anyone else remember the time when we got like 8-9 of us all playing Of Guards And Thieves at once? (That cops & robbers game.)

That was the best day.

but were those the best days of your life.. 

Anyone else remember the time when we got like 8-9 of us all playing Of Guards And Thieves at once? (That cops & robbers game.)

That was the best day.

I remember, it was glorious. The KJ steam group hasn't been used for a long time...

Having that many people playing at the same time is hard to coordinate though, what with time-zones, life stuff and whatnot.

Edited by Kocken926

To the spammers we've progressed past luring girlfriends in with fake counterfeit fashion accessories, and now need magic slavery spells to keep them.

Next they'll probably offer spells to ensure male children or black market adoption services.

Is there not a captcha or anything?

The KJ steam group hasn't been used for a long time...

FTFY

Also, now I can't access my user profile.  I want to change my avatar, but the page won't load.  It just says there's an Error.

The REAL best days were when we had XenForo, not this crap.

Edited by dwwojcik

Neither can I. Will report it.

You have posted here. Your fate is sealed. You can never leave now.

EDIT: Well I guess you could. You already posted anyways. Man I'm tired...

pay no attention to the very tired man behind the curtian.

EDIT AGAIN: Here's an interesting question. If a person was in a self-driving car, which hit someone while driving itself, and did nothing to prevent the accident, even though they were in the driver's seat, could they be charged with anything?

I look forward to self-driving cars, but wow there's a lot of funky ethical questions to be asked.

Edited by TheBytemaster