Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

I forgot Kaker played planetside 2. I spotted him in a video today.

Does anyone else still play?

​For some reason my laptop melts when I play it. It's almost like it's the least optimised game in existence...

Which is a shame, because it was really awesome when I managed to play it

Something broke.  If you sit and wait at the bottom of the page for a while a little window will pop up asking you if you want to show the latest replies.

(e) Looks like it finally decided to make a new page, I pushed it over the edge.

Edited by dwwojcik

Question: anyone have a spare low-profile graphics card they'd be willing to pawn off on me? All I can see are more expensive than the computer it's needed for was. (It was used, but still.)

​i have my grandma's old computer, not really sure if they had GPU's 20 years ago though, haven't taken it apart yet...

as for planetside 2, i wrote a big nice paragraph and my preformance in it...then the webpage crashed and i lost it all....so i'm just going to say that i get between 60 FPS low pop areas  and between 25 and 40 in high pop areas, on Ultra...which isn't bad i don't think...i didn't have a strong GPU...

as for me...to prove my addiction to the KJ, my post count went from almost 2.5k down to less then 1K from the KJ wipe....

oh and i hate how i can't copy quotes now....i have to use the multi-quote (from the start) or make a new post if i want to quote something...

Edited by holymage!

as for me...to prove my addiction to the KJ, my post count went from almost 2.5k down to less then 1K from the KJ wipe....

I can't remember how many I had before the wipe, but apparently most of mine weren't in Kitty Jail. All I can remember is that I was in the list of top posters on the forums after Tekkit Classic 3.1.3 came out and I posted thousands of messages helping people reconsider switching to it

Too many neckbeards, IMO. I miss Chaep art-farts.

​indeed i miss it to, anyone remember that small adiuo file that cheap made when Diablio 3 came out (everyone was asking when technic 7 and other modpacks were coming out) 

it was pretty much 1 minute of "art art slap slap fart why arn't you doing art fart slap slap" (might be a bit off on the words don't quote me on that, but that was the general idea)...ahh the good old days were if you could mod minecraft you were smart enough to know how to solve basic issues by yourself (i feel like "by yourself" should be one word. 

one more question: why isn't cheap in the previous contributors list? 

Just in case people miss the thread or (like me, usually) only monitor certain threads through emails, I could use some help figuring out whether I'm sane or not. If you have an inclination towards or a propensity for astrophysics and the like, or if you just like breaking other people's stuff for fun, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Not entirely disappearing. Can't play when the shorty and squeaker are awake (my daughters).

That said, damnitIwannabeplayingrightnow! I can pull unwavering 30FPS on low settings with DX11 in 1280x720 windowed on my 6 year radeon hd 5700. If I drop it to DX10 it frees just enough memory to do 1920x1080 full screen  low settings according to the settings dialog.

Looking at getting an R7 260x or R9 270x to replace my video card. Both should be in my Watt budget and are 2gig cards.

Wish I had the cash to do a real gaming rig, with an fx-8350, R9 290x, 16gig of ram, and a 256gig or bigger SSD.

I am long due for an upgrade myself.
No monies though... 

But, according to systemrequirementslab, I would be able to play the game on minimum settings.

Which... really is surprising. If the website is accurate, that's some amazing engineering done by Rockstar.

From what I've seen, yes it is. They even took the time to add an estimate to the graphics settings to show how much ram your video card needs to store the settings you have selected.

I think they feared what an even slightly botched PC rollout would do to them after the year+ delay, and went the extra couple miles to make sure it was worth it.